+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario FSW Pilot

luluyu

Star Member
Nov 25, 2009
I've got my file number recently which is 12011**. Does it mean that I have no hope of being nominated?
Since they will only nominate 600 applicants, they must start from 1200001. So, unless more than 500 people before me are deemed uneligible for the program, they would not even come my files.
I sent my application on April 5. My NOC is 2173, but I have always been working as Software Test Engineers all these years. Usually, test engineers are not so populer as developers. Is this the reason that they have thrown me so far back into the queue?
It's really so sad to think, that after waiting patiently for so many years, at last I'd have to be cut off and never have the chance to go to Canada. :'(

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
Luluyu, don't start working yourself up.It could be the unique identifier for all pnp applicants. Don't despair, once you qualify and are in the database.I wouldn't be surprised if the provinces keep every qualified applicant on file and divert through another stream. Keep the faith.

iomokorede

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luluyu said:
I've got my file number recently which is 12011**. Does it mean that I have no hope of being nominated?
Since they will only nominate 600 applicants, they must start from 1200001. So, unless more than 500 people before me are deemed uneligible for the program, they would not even come my files.
I sent my application on April 5. My NOC is 2173, but I have always been working as Software Test Engineers all these years. Usually, test engineers are not so populer as developers. Is this the reason that they have thrown me so far back into the queue?
It's really so sad to think, that after waiting patiently for so many years, at last I'd have to be cut off and never have the chance to go to Canada. :'(
@ all , Does any one of you have 00 or 01 as 4th and 5th digits on their NRON 7 digits file number.

@luluyu, your situation is same as mine.

Cheers

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
I have the same 1201****..app date Apr 29

luluyu

Star Member
Nov 25, 2009
ofonzo said:
Luluyu, don't start working yourself up.It could be the unique identifier for all pnp applicants. Don't despair, once you qualify and are in the database.I wouldn't be surprised if the provinces keep every qualified applicant on file and divert through another stream. Keep the faith.
Thanks, Ofonzo!

luluyu

Star Member
Nov 25, 2009
iomokorede said:
@ all , Does any one of you have 00 or 01 as 4th and 5th digits on their NRON 7 digits file number.

@ luluyu, your situation is same as mine.

Cheers
Do you mean you are also a software tester?

iomokorede

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luluyu said:
Do you mean you are also a software tester?
no, my noc is 1112 but was doing a job of both financial accounting and financial analyst, they are sort of intertwined because both are finance. under accounting, companies idle funds are placed (investment) which also has to be analysed. Some companies prefer to employ a qualified accountant who can do both to save cost. i think that must have been the reason i'm also at the back of the queue just like you, because i sent my application on the 2nd of April and it was received on the 16th april, which should not warrant such. God knows what delayed it and what criteria was used to give us the file numbers.

Cheers

iomokorede

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luluyu said:
dear luluyu, let me share a statement sunwei_bj sent me which makes sense and i quote,

''I guess it is because different coordinators have different speeds to process our documents.
And if someone who sent his documents on *** *, which is rather late, could get 1200***
I guess it is not the sequence number, but an ID for our application'' ;D

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
updates: its listed in website too

How does the recent federal budget announcement that federal skilled worker immigration applications and fees will be retuned to all applicants that applied to the federal government prior to 27 February 2008 affect my application under the FSW Pilot?
The Budget 2012 announcement will not affect the provincial processing of applications received under the FSW Backlog Reduction Pilot. There is no fee for applicants applying to Ontario under this Pilot.

Prior to the budget announcement it was envisioned that nominees under the FSW Pilot would not be required to submit federal fees to CIC because of the fees they already submitted for the FSWP, and that applicants under the FSW Pilot not nominated by Ontario would retain their spot for continued processing by CIC. However, the budget announcement will have the following affect, if the proposed law is approved through Parliament:

CIC would begin to return the full amount of fees paid by affected FSW applicants.
FSW applicants who are not nominated under Ontario’s FSW Pilot will have their Federal Skilled Worker application closed and fees returned.
FSW applicants who receive a nomination under the FSW Pilot are required to complete their Permanent Residence (PR) application within the validity period of the nomination. When submitting the PR application, Ontario’s nominees will be required to pay the same processing fee as any other PNP applicant. Once processing begins, the individual’s FSWP application would be closed and the fees refunded. (Please monitor CIC’s website to get the latest updates on the Budget 2012 announcements with respect to the FSWP backlog).

gillbs

Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
14-06-2014
Folks,
I received an ACK email today (with File no etc.) but unfortunately my application is not complete. It seems I overlooked that a copy of all the empty pages of my passport was required as well :) (now why would you need that, I wonder).
So AIUI, I need to send a copy (as opposed to a certified (by notary e.g.) copy) of all the pages (baring the cover page), right? A quick confirmation will really help.
I'm hoping to post it tomorrow.

Cheers

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
@gillbs : u need to send all the pages of your and your dependents passport.. that to notarized.

gillbs

Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
14-06-2014
@rp_tp: Thanks mate.

Hmm, interesting. Well the email said:
- Copy of your entire passport (including blank pages, Work Permits, Study Permits, Temporary Resident Visas, and/or any other Canadian immigration documents or entry stamps)

which I believe is text copied from the application guide.
The guide is clear about what needs certifying e.g.
- Certified copy of your university degree(s), college diploma(s), transcripts and/or occupational certificates.

I guess it's best to confirm with Opportunities Ontario.

Cheers

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
@gillbs : better to send all notarize copies instead of doing too and fro..