+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chonji1226 said:
Hi all,

I am currently in the EE pool and have 419 points, should I be getting an OINP PT notification?

Does having 400+ points automatically guarantee me to get a OINP PT? Or do they perhaps have another cut-off score that we are not aware of :p

I'm not sure if I'm missing anything here, based on the requirements, if I'm in the EE pool as FSW or CEC, select willing to immigrate to Ontario and maintain 400 above points then I should be qualified to receive an OINP PT notfication?
OINP is closed at the moment.
it is only working for francophones.
400 points should be enough to get invitation from ontario. but like i said before the program has been closed since may 2016. nobody knows when they will open again. cheers

narendher25

Dec 30, 2016
Hi,

Background: I am in US, did my masters in US and worked for 2 and half years here in USA. I gave IELTS last December with a score of 8 and got my WES evaluation on Feb 23rd 2017. I submitted my express entry profile and got a score of 450. I have never been to canada, Doesnt have a degree from canada, didn't work in canada.

Today morning I received a letter (Express Entry - Provincial/Territorial Interest Letter -- please refer at the end of the reply), saying that I am qualified to apply for Ontario PNP through Express Entry. But I was said by my friend in Canada that I may not be eligible for that particular program. Also I got to know that if I accept Ontario PNP program I should stick to Ontario in my job search. Can anyone please provide a clarity on this and guidance on how to move forward in my scenario? Should I wait until next draw for Federal Express Entry draw? How long is this invitation or eligibility of mine for Ontario is valid?

Ontario would like to consider you under their Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

The Government of Ontario is interested in considering you for nomination under its Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) through Express Entry.

If you want Ontario to consider you for nomination under its PNP you must contact Ontario directly after receiving this letter. Note that this letter of interest is not a guarantee that you will be nominated by Ontario. You will first have to satisfy Ontario that you meet the requirements of their program.

You can find general information about each province or territory's PNP program on the website. You will also find a link to Ontario's PNP requirements and contact information.

General information:

If a province or territory nominates you through Express Entry and you accept the PNP nomination you will be allocated an additional 600 points in the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System. This means you will likely receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence under the Provincial Nominee Program.

If you accept a nomination, you are indicating to both Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and that provincial or territorial jurisdiction that you intend to live in that province or territory and that you will comply with any other provincial or territorial program requirements.

Once you accept a nomination, your profile will no longer be visible to other provinces and territories, so you will not be considered for nomination by other jurisdictions. You will also not be considered for federal economic programs in Express Entry.

If a province or territory nominates you and you decline the PNP nomination, you will not be invited to apply under Ontario's nominee program.

It is possible to be nominated by more than one province or territory, but you may only accept one nomination.

If you decline the nomination, you will stay in the Express Entry pool of candidates. You will still be eligible to receive invitations to apply under the federal immigration programs (Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or Canadian Experience Class). As well, other provinces and territories (if applicable) will be able to see your profile for future consideration.

You are not obligated to:

contact a province or territory that is interested in you, or
accept a nomination from a province or territory.

However, if you do not accept a nomination, there is no guarantee that you will be nominated by another province or territory, or that you will be invited to apply under a federal economic program in Express Entry.

A PNP nomination does not guarantee that you are eligible for permanent residence. The final decision to issue a visa or other document for permanent residence rests with IRCC.

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
narendher25 said:
Hi,

Background: I am in US, did my masters in US and worked for 2 and half years here in USA. I gave IELTS last December with a score of 8 and got my WES evaluation on Feb 23rd 2017. I submitted my express entry profile and got a score of 450. I have never been to canada, Doesnt have a degree from canada, didn't work in canada.

Today morning I received a letter (Express Entry - Provincial/Territorial Interest Letter -- please refer at the end of the reply), saying that I am qualified to apply for Ontario PNP through Express Entry. But I was said by my friend in Canada that I may not be eligible for that particular program. Also I got to know that if I accept Ontario PNP program I should stick to Ontario in my job search. Can anyone please provide a clarity on this and guidance on how to move forward in my scenario? Should I wait until next draw for Federal Express Entry draw? How long is this invitation or eligibility of mine for Ontario is valid?

Ontario would like to consider you under their Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

The Government of Ontario is interested in considering you for nomination under its Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) through Express Entry.

If you want Ontario to consider you for nomination under its PNP you must contact Ontario directly after receiving this letter. Note that this letter of interest is not a guarantee that you will be nominated by Ontario. You will first have to satisfy Ontario that you meet the requirements of their program.

You can find general information about each province or territory's PNP program on the website. You will also find a link to Ontario's PNP requirements and contact information.

General information:

If a province or territory nominates you through Express Entry and you accept the PNP nomination you will be allocated an additional 600 points in the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System. This means you will likely receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence under the Provincial Nominee Program.

If you accept a nomination, you are indicating to both Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and that provincial or territorial jurisdiction that you intend to live in that province or territory and that you will comply with any other provincial or territorial program requirements.

Once you accept a nomination, your profile will no longer be visible to other provinces and territories, so you will not be considered for nomination by other jurisdictions. You will also not be considered for federal economic programs in Express Entry.

If a province or territory nominates you and you decline the PNP nomination, you will not be invited to apply under Ontario's nominee program.

It is possible to be nominated by more than one province or territory, but you may only accept one nomination.

If you decline the nomination, you will stay in the Express Entry pool of candidates. You will still be eligible to receive invitations to apply under the federal immigration programs (Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or Canadian Experience Class). As well, other provinces and territories (if applicable) will be able to see your profile for future consideration.

You are not obligated to:

contact a province or territory that is interested in you, or
accept a nomination from a province or territory.

However, if you do not accept a nomination, there is no guarantee that you will be nominated by another province or territory, or that you will be invited to apply under a federal economic program in Express Entry.

A PNP nomination does not guarantee that you are eligible for permanent residence. The final decision to issue a visa or other document for permanent residence rests with IRCC.
Yes, if you go thru with this invitation you will have to reside and work in Ontario. This invitation means that the Provice of Ontario would like you to apply for nomination. You have got a lot CRS points and you will most likely receive an ITA for residency with the next draw. The draw should be around March 8th. It is only your decision if you want to go thru with this nomination. Once you accept this OINP invitation you will have 14 days to submit documents. The nomination process means that you will spend more time and money here, but in the end if you receive it, your residency is most likely guaranteed.
Hope this helps.

narendher25

Dec 30, 2016
doro_07 said:
Yes, if you go thru with this invitation you will have to reside and work in Ontario. This invitation means that the Provice of Ontario would like you to apply for nomination. You have got a lot CRS points and you will most likely receive an ITA for residency with the next draw. The draw should be around March 8th. It is only your decision if you want to go thru with this nomination. Once you accept this OINP invitation you will have 14 days to submit documents. The nomination process means that you will spend more time and money here, but in the end if you receive it, your residency is most likely guaranteed.
Hope this helps.
Hi doro_07,

Thanks a lot for the clarification !! How long is this invitation going to be valid?

I would like to wait until March 8th and see how many points its going to be and then move forward with ONIP ! where can I accept the invitation there isn't a link or directions on how to do that. Can you please help if you know of any information?

Once again thanks for the information.

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
narendher25 said:
Hi doro_07,

Thanks a lot for the clarification !! How long is this invitation going to be valid?

I would like to wait until March 8th and see how many points its going to be and then move forward with ONIP ! where can I accept the invitation there isn't a link or directions on how to do that. Can you please help if you know of any information?

Once again thanks for the information.
Since this thread is and old one and almost nobody comes here please go to http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ontario-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream-connect-here-t475694.240.html

you will find your aswers here and there are more educated people in this matter :D

Canada-Ontario

Jan 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

I am in express entry pool (437 CRS points, Federal Skill Worker), but I don't have one year of work experience in the past 5 years. Why I got Notification of Interest from Ontario??? :eek: :eek:

narendher25

Dec 30, 2016
doro_07 said:
Since this thread is and old one and almost nobody comes here please go to

you will find your aswers here and there are more educated people in this matter :D
Thanks Doro_07 !!! Awesome thread at the right time.

Aminghorbaani

Jun 20, 2017
Hi there
I have just received a notification of interest from Ontario asked me to apply for Ontario provincial program if I'm interested. But there is nothing in that message about the kind of program I have been accepted for. As I read, there are two programs fit my case: Human capital priorities stream and skilled trades stream. Which one do I need to apply for??

nitinsha85

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Hi there
I have just received a notification of interest from Ontario asked me to apply for Ontario provincial program if I'm interested. But there is nothing in that message about the kind of program I have been accepted for. As I read, there are two programs fit my case: Human capital priorities stream and skilled trades stream. Which one do I need to apply for??
Hi, Congratulations for getting the NOI, could you please tell your CRS and NOC.

deepaksisodia079

Star Member
May 3, 2017
NOC Code......
I have recieved Noi from ontario yesterday.what are the next stpes for me.

I want to wait for a draw as my crs is 414.

Do i need to take any specific actions to keep this Noi valid for couple of months.

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
As per the requirement, the funds that you declare as POF should be unencumbered and readily transferable. As far as I am aware, pension funds can be withdrawn only once you retire or sometimes you are allowed to do partial withdrawals. I am not sure about the pension fund withdrawal guidelines in Switzerland. If you are able to do a partial withdrawal from the funds and the proceeds are transferred to your bank account, you can use them as POF.

Even after partial withdrawal if you are not able to meet the fund requirement, you can consider borrowing money from your parents or siblings (bank transfer). You need not show this as a loan, instead you can show it as a gift and get a Gift Deed executed for the same. Later once you get through and have other sources to support POF you can return the amount to your parents/siblings.

For Gift Deed, you can check this link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/gift-money-declaration-from-father-to-son-outline-t347593.0.html

Even after trying multiple alternatives, you are not able to meet the fund requirement, then in that case there is no point spending CAD 1500. Instead, you can give it some time to save up some money and then apply.
Hi Stanlee,
Do I need to ask the bank to mention "money can be withdrawn at any given time upon customer request" in the bank letter for my FD? In case they don't change their format, how could I mention this statement and get certified for it? Thank you.

90skiddo

May 27, 2016
Manila
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I can confirm that the update in HCP Stream in inviting ICT foreign workers is very positive. My NOC is 2173. Though my CRS points sit at 387, I was given NOI few days back.