Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry if I am repeating the question.

I am at 398. If I add my spouse's ECA it will be 408. So, I am trying to figure out if this program is open for a limited time or I can apply after I receive my spouse's ECA as well ?

Another query is, do I need to recreate my profile if I had one created in Jan 2015.

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wonder on what Ontario bases its selection when they issue this interest of nomination. Do they treat everybody equally over 400 CRS points? Or are they prioritizing higher CRS scores? Specific NOCs? Did anybody read anything about that?

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Taken from OOPNP Application Guide:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/ @ oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

A. What is the Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream?
The Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream is for skilled workers who want to live and work permanently in Ontario. This stream enables the Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program (OOPNP) to nominate individuals who have qualified for Citizenship and immigration Canada's (CIC's) Express Entry pool and who have the required education, skilled work experience, language ability, and other
characteristics to help them successfully establish and integrate into Ontario's labour market and communities.

B. How does the Stream work?

Note: You may not apply directly to the Human Capital Priorities Stream. You must have received a Notification of Interest from Ontario through your MyCIC account before you can apply to OOPNP under this stream.

 When you register for Express Entry, you must indicate your interest in immigrating to either Ontario or “All Provinces and Territories.”
 You must qualify for one of two CIC economic immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) or the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).

Step 2 OOPNP identifies candidates in Express Entry pool
 OOPNP searches the Express Entry pool and identifies potential candidates who:
1. Have a minimum score of 400 on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) in CIC's Express Entry system, and
2. Meet the criteria of Ontario's Human Capital Priorities Stream (see Section 2 for more information).
 If OOPNP identifies you in the Express Entry pool, you will receive a PT Notification of Interest from Ontario through your MyCIC account. This notification will invite you to apply to OOPNP for nomination under the Human Capital Priorities Stream.

Step 3 Apply to OOPNP under the Human Capital Priorities Stream
 After you receive a PT Notification of Interest from Ontario through your MyCIC account, you have 45 days to apply to OOPNP under the Human Capital Priorities Stream.
 To apply, fill out the Nominee Application Form (see Section 4 for instructions on completing the form) and ensure that you have all the
required supporting documents (see Section 3).
o All applicants must indicate which federal immigration program they wish to be assessed against: FSWP or CEC.
 OOPNP will assess your nomination according to the Human Capital Priorities Stream eligibility criteria. Your application will also be assessed to ensure you meet the FSWP or CEC criteria.

Step 4 Accept nomination from Ontario and apply for permanent residency
 If your application is approved by Ontario, you will receive a letter from OOPNP through your MyCIC account notifying you of your nomination. You have 30 days to accept the nomination from Ontario in the Express Entry system.
 Nomination from Ontario will give you an additional 600 CRS points and you will receive an invitation to apply for permanent residency from CIC.
 Once you receive an invitation to apply from CIC, you have 60 days to apply to CIC for permanent residency.
For more information on CIC's application process for permanent residency for provincial nominees through the Express Entry system, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/index.asp
 During the assessment of applications for permanent residency, CIC reviews applicants for admissibility, including health, security, and criminality checks as per Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. CIC will also verify all information provided by applicants to register for Express Entry.

Note: If you receive and accept an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from CIC or a nomination from another province or territory after you have already applied to OOPNP, your application fee to OOPNP will not be refunded. Application fees are non-refundable even if an application is withdrawn or denied, as they cover OOPNP's cost of processing applications.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/ @ oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf
Page 8-9

3.1 WORK EXPERIENCE
FSWP Candidates
If you choose to be assessed against FSWP criteria in your application to the Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream, OOPNP requires that you have a minimum of one year of continuous and full-time employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in continuous part-time paid work experience in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation in the past five years from the date of the PT Notification of Interest from Ontario. Applicants assessed against FSWP criteria can demonstrate work experience obtained in Canada or overseas. The one year minimum of continuous and full-time (or equivalent continuous part-time) employment must have been completed in one specific NOC occupation.
You can obtain additional points on the FSWP points grid for continuous part-time work experience in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation in the past five years from the date of the PT Notification of Interest from Ontario if you have also separately satisfied the requirement of having one year of continuous and full-time paid work experience as described above.

CEC Candidates
If you choose to be assessed against Canadian Experience Class criteria in your application to the Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream, OOPNP requires that you have a minimum of one year of cumulative and full-time employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in part-time paid work experience in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation in Canada in the past three years from the date of the PT Notification of Interest from Ontario. Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (for example, on a co-op work term) does not count under this stream.

The full-time work experience requirement may be met by the equivalent in part-time, paid work experience (e.g., more than one part-time job held simultaneously or one or more part-time jobs held over the equivalent of at least one year of full-time work). For example, 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours).

Supporting documents (FSWP and CEC)
You must submit the following documents to prove your work experience if you choose to be assessed against FSWP criteria or CEC criteria:
 Copy of current résumé indicating relevant work experience.
 Copies of employment reference letters from previous/current employers for all periods of work stated in the application that meet the following requirements:
o Printed on company letterhead and identify company address,
telephone/fax numbers, email, and website addresses;
o Identify the responsible Officer/Supervisor and include his/her signature;
o Stamped with the company's corporate seal (if applicable); AND
o Specify:
 Your employment period;
 Your positions held, duties and responsibilities during the employment period for each position, and the time spent in each position (if applicable);
 Your total annual salary plus benefits;
 Number of hours worked per week; and
 Any extended periods of leave (i.e., more than one month).

Additional supporting documents may include:
 Copy of work contracts; and
 Copy of pay stubs.
Currently working in Canada

If you are currently working or have worked in Canada with authorization to do so, provide the following documentation:
 Copy of employment contracts;
 Copies of all work permits issued by CIC and all immigration records authorizing employment for the period of work stated in your application;
 Employer reference letters for all periods of work stated in your application;
 Copies of Canada Revenue Agency T4 Statement of Remuneration Paid and Notice of Assessment (NOA) statements (if applicable) for the periods of work experience stated in your application; AND
 Pay statements and any relevant documentation that can support your Canadian work experience.

Any unauthorized periods of work in Canada cannot be considered.

Working in a regulated occupation in Ontario
If you are currently working in an occupation that is regulated in Ontario which requires mandatory certification or licensing in Ontario, you must submit proof of your certification or license. For more information on regulated professions in
Ontario, visit: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/working/OI_HOW_WORK_PROF_PROFS.html

If you are currently working in a regulated skilled trade in Ontario, you must submit a certificate of qualification issued by the Ontario College of Trades. For more information on trades that require mandatory certification in Ontario, visit: http://www.collegeoftrades.ca/

Arranged employment
If you choose to be assessed against FSWP criteria, you can gain additional points if you have arranged employment. OOPNP will only consider arranged employment in Ontario. If you have arranged employment in Ontario, please provide the following documentation:
 Copy of work permit;
 Copy of Labour Market Impact Assessment (where applicable); AND
 Permanent and full-time job offer from your Ontario employer.

Self-employment (for FSWP applicants only)
If you are or have been self-employed, provide copies of all the following documentation for periods of self-employment, if available:
 Business/company registration documents;
 Proof of business conducted with clients (i.e., invoices, bills, and client references);
 Balance sheets;
 Income tax returns;
 T4A Statements (if self-employed in Canada); AND
 Proof of license to practice if you are a private practitioner in a regulated occupation.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Page 13

3.5 INTENTION TO RESIDE IN ONTARIO
You are required to declare your intention to reside in Ontario in Section F of the Nominee Application Form. You must provide a statement of intent stating your reasons to settle in Ontario and your ties to Ontario.

You may also provide evidence of your ties to Ontario. Ties to Ontario can include but are not limited to, the following:
 Employment in Ontario;
 Job offers or jobs applied/interviewed for in Ontario;
 Volunteer work in Ontario;
 Lease agreements for a residence in Ontario or property ownership;
 Professional networks and affiliations;
 Family ties;
 Social connections or personal relationships; and/or
 Previous visits to Ontario.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Page 20

Part I: Fees
The application fee for Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream candidates is $1,500.

The application fee is per application. The fee must be submitted with the application package or the application will be considered incomplete and returned to you. All fees must be made payable to the Ontario Minister of Finance.
Payments must be made in Canadian dollars only. No other currency will be accepted.

Check the appropriate boxes to indicate the method of payment and the amount enclosed.
Acceptable Methods of Payment:
 Money Order;
 Cashier/Certified Cheque;
 Postal Money Order; OR
 Bank Draft.

Please note that Opportunities Ontario will not accept:
 Cash;
 Personal cheques;
 Credit card payments; OR
 Any amount of funds other than $1,500.

Fees are non-refundable.

IMPORTANT: NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEES
Fees are non-refundable. The province of Ontario charges fees to partially recover the cost of administering OOPNP. Since the application fee helps pay for the cost of processing applications, it will not be refunded even if the application is not successful, if you withdraw the application at any stage of the process, or if the province cancels or withdraws the nomination.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have one more info they have 2700 nominations under this new skim for pnp.....

Also whosoever create new profile after deleting their old profile and job bank account, please share your info here dont create multiple threads.
Also if anyone gets their PT nominee email after deleting their old profile and by creating new one please reply here.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quoting from this link FAQ:

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_FAQ.html

How many nominations will Ontario issue under Express Entry?
Each year the federal government determines the number of nominations Ontario can issue. In 2015, that number is 5200. Of these, 2700 must be used under Express Entry.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to know about this -

Meet the criteria of Ontario’s Human Capital Priorities Stream (see Section 2 for more information).

What's this, how do you check if you meet criteria and where can we read about that ?

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How do we justify previous ties with Ontario if we have none

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Whilst I will be going to create a new profile tomorrow I hold little hope that I will get a PT with 410 points for the sole fact that nothing of my history shows any tie with ontario, apart from the fact that I work for a Toronto based company.

I would assume with the line stating that "having 400 points does not gaurentee a PT" that they will use other filters to offer the PT's too, it makes sense to search the database by job experience location and send all those above 400 with experience or current non-lmia jobs in the Ontario area first. Easier processing for them and also much more positive for the province having those already working and living there.

This would easily clear up the 2700 PT's that they have allocated for express entry. So I wish all you Ontarians who are recreating your profiles luck.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there anyone who withdrew his profileand and created a new one and got PT for the Ontario PNP?

anonymous09

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-09-2015
Guys I just got an update in my profile... letter saying Ontario is interested in considering you for nomination under Express Entry. But I dont know where to accept it. They have just mentioned that i should contact Ontario.