+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario College of Teacher, find an employer

aghijan

Star Member
Oct 16, 2007
Hi Everyone:

I applied to migrate to Canada more than 2 years ago with Canada High Commission in Singapore. It seems the process takes longer time.

To expedite the process, and because I'm a teacher, I applied with Ontario College of Teachers. After almost 2 years of producing and sending documents, OCT accepted my application and now I am eligible to teach in Ontario. To complete the registration, however, I must be in Canada.
I have received a conditional job offer for occasional teachers. I don’t know whether this helps.

Can anyone advise on what I can do to hasten the processing of my permanent residence application?

pavanemusic

May 20, 2008
Hi

I was a teacher and am still in the education industry. I have applied to BC college for Teachers and they are processing my documents. Do you have to complete any modules in their uni or go for any courses first? How did you managed to get the conditional offer for occasional teachers? Did OCT offer you or you had to apply to the schools individually? Maybe you can share you background if you can?

I was a Sec School teacher for 5 years, HQ 2 years and now NIE.

aghijan

Star Member
Oct 16, 2007
Hi!

I simply applied through the Internet. The person in charge at the school generously sent me the first, second and the last one in 2007 as CIC wants an 'updated' job offer. Not only that, I got some more responses from the employers but knowing I'm still outside Canada they wanted me to let them know when I step on Canada's land.

I have been teaching for over 12 years and now I’m high school coordinator in an international school.