Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
18-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
23-04-2011
Today I applied for the SIN and Health in Calgary.
First I went to the Harry Hays building on 4th ave. There were quite a few people waiting in the lobby. After 45 minutes of wait I was called to a cube. The process took 10 minutes for 3 people. We were issued our new SINs, the card would take another 10 days.
Next I went to the Licensing Company on 6th ave for health care registration. The experience there was not as good. There were about 5-8 people in line (no waiting lobby). The lady taking care of the business related to health was overworked, probably due to two holidays on Monday and Friday. She was rude and was turning away people on some pretexts. I was the first one whose documents she found to be in order. She took copy of all the documents and told she will not be able to generate the health id today and I will have to call health care on Thursday to get my numbers. I didn't like it, I wanted everything to be taken care of while I was still in Canada so that I can handle any issues while I could. So then I went to the AMA on 8th ave, this place was much better, much nicer and had a look of a proper office. The lady at the reception asked the purpose and after confirming I was a AAA member walked me to the health section. There I was asked to take a seat and then another lady asked the purpose of my visit. I told her the whole story and she told me it was perfectly alright to apply again here and when the other people try to enter my info again the system will tell them that it's been already processed. I filled the forms again and was done in 10 minutes with the health id for all three of us. I took a few local and Canada maps from them too. If you are doing health in Calagary and have AAA membership then you should go to AMA.
With all paperwork done I am feeling a little relaxed. I am flying out of Calagary tomorrow. I will write again on my experience about reentry into USA.

Thanks.

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
Hi Blomberg,

Thanks for sharing your experience and congratulations to your successful landing. Can you please share what kind of documents are needed to apply health card? Also, why AAA members can take the advantage to apply health card at AMA building?

Thanks.

the

Blomberg said:
Today I applied for the SIN and Health in Calgary.
First I went to the Harry Hays building on 4th ave. There were quite a few people waiting in the lobby. After 45 minutes of wait I was called to a cube. The process took 10 minutes for 3 people. We were issued our new SINs, the card would take another 10 days.
Next I went to the Licensing Company on 6th ave for health care registration. The experience there was not as good. There were about 5-8 people in line (no waiting lobby). The lady taking care of the business related to health was overworked, probably due to two holidays on Monday and Friday. She was rude and was turning away people on some pretexts. I was the first one whose documents she found to be in order. She took copy of all the documents and told she will not be able to generate the health id today and I will have to call health care on Thursday to get my numbers. I didn't like it, I wanted everything to be taken care of while I was still in Canada so that I can handle any issues while I could. So then I went to the AMA on 8th ave, this place was much better, much nicer and had a look of a proper office. The lady at the reception asked the purpose and after confirming I was a AAA member walked me to the health section. There I was asked to take a seat and then another lady asked the purpose of my visit. I told her the whole story and she told me it was perfectly alright to apply again here and when the other people try to enter my info again the system will tell them that it's been already processed. I filled the forms again and was done in 10 minutes with the health id for all three of us. I took a few local and Canada maps from them too. If you are doing health in Calagary and have AAA membership then you should go to AMA.
With all paperwork done I am feeling a little relaxed. I am flying out of Calagary tomorrow. I will write again on my experience about reentry into USA.

Thanks.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the said:
Hi Blomberg,

Thanks for sharing your experience and congratulations to your successful landing. Can you please share what kind of documents are needed to apply health card? Also, why AAA members can take the advantage to apply health card at AMA building?

Thanks.

the
The Alberta Motor Association offers registry services exclusively to AMA members. CAA is equivalent of AAA. CAA, AAA and AMA are affiliated and that is how AAA members can apply at AMA locations.

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
You can provide an Alberta address. I dont think immigration officer bothers that much. You can tell them you are planning to stay here for a while but Alberta would be your permanent location.

Good Luck!!

virgo said:
Hi Mods,

How did you show your intention to settle in Alberta?

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
I think you should provide calgary address that would show your intention to settle pemanently in Alberta. Regarding the two month Ottawa stay I dont see a major issue but if you would be going on an off continuously they may ask you the purpose of moving back and forth for which you can tell them you are hunting a job which requires you to attend some interviews etc. Again each case is different and depends on I/O. I dont see you going to Ottawa for a two months being an issue. You have to make sure your medical gets kicked in right away as OHIP takes three months where as AHIP starts from day 1.

albertaorbust said:
Mods,
Can you please tell us how you showed intention to settle in Alberta.

Also I need advise from everybody on the forum.

I'm going to land via Niagara falls crossing on next Saturday with 2 kids & my wife. I have to work at my current job in NYC till end of June.I'll keep my family in Ottawa for next 2 months where i can visit them every weekend ( 7 hr drive from NYC). Then move to Calgary.
Is this a risky move. Or i should fly and land in Calgary where i will be able to see my family only once in next 2 months due to expensive travelling cost.
Should i tell the IO as it is during landing and provide Ottawa address OR give the IO Calgary address for PR card address and live in Ottawa OR just land and live in Calgary. Help me out guys as I have to confirm the apartment lease by Monday.
Thanks

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi,

I think it depends on the visa office.
With regard to NYC, its bad. They usually take one week to post even though the visas are stamped.

I would suggest you keep checking USPS tracking # everday evening after 7:00 PM. If you have an update, you can expect the passport the next day morning.

Hope this helps.

DKSCHOWDARY said:
I was wondering how long will it take for them to Post it..after ecas status has been changed.. I did send express mail envelop to them.

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Enna,

After you select the Canadian Visa 35mm x 45mm dimensions on epassportphoto.com and upload the photograph, Click and Drag the pointer to select the face and make sure that The edge of the chin and the crown must be inside the green rectangles.

The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 1/4″) and 36 mm (1 7/16″).
Crown means the top of the head or (if obscured by hair or a head covering) where the top of the head or skull would be if it could be seen.

Hope this helps.

enna said:
Thanks king80

i'm trying to use it now but i'm confused on the click and drag... how will i know when to stop dragging the mouse....

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
The,

To apply for Alberta Health Card, an alberta address proof is must besides Passport and COPR document.

For address proof :
you can use the SIN card document (not SIN Card) that is given to you when you apply for SIN number. The SIN document contains your SIN number and address.
OR
you can open a bank account and use the bank document for address proof.

Hope this helps.

the said:
Hi Blomberg,

Thanks.

the

enna

Feb 14, 2011
Thanks Avalap...i'm going to mail today my passport to Detroit....how long will it take me to get my passport back...To tell you frankly, what is the reason why we send our passport?

enna

Avalap said:
Enna,

After you select the Canadian Visa 35mm x 45mm dimensions on epassportphoto.com and upload the photograph, Click and Drag the pointer to select the face and make sure that The edge of the chin and the crown must be inside the green rectangles.

The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 1/4″) and 36 mm (1 7/16″).
Crown means the top of the head or (if obscured by hair or a head covering) where the top of the head or skull would be if it could be seen.

Hope this helps.

tsrikanth

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-2010
Nomination.....
April-2010
AOR Received.
07-06-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Yes - Detroit
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
08-07-2010
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
Hi All,

I planning to go to Canada for landing formalities. But here is my situation.
1) My H1-B visa expired, but I have valid I-94 till 2012.
2) My wife H1-B visa expired, have valid I-94 till 2013 and H1-B transfer pending.

So my question is, can we go Canada and finish landing formalities and wants to come back to USa on AVR (Automatic Visa Revalidation) program, is it OK ?

Can anybody give explanation about AVR, as most of members don't know about it.

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi Enna,

I assume your question was "Why we send our Passport Photos"?

The number of Passport photos requested by each visa office is different. Some are asking for 4 passport photos and some ask for only two. So It's tough to say what they do with the photographs.

One thing for sure is that they will use ONE photo to paste it on CPR - Certificate on Permanent Residence Document.

If you really meant "Why we send our Passports"?
The answer is to get IMMIGRANT VISA .

Once a final decision on your PR application is taken, you will be requested to send your passports. An immigrant visa is stamped in your passport (with a validity in tune with your medicals expiry).

Thanks

enna said:
Thanks Avalap...i'm going to mail today my passport to Detroit....how long will it take me to get my passport back...To tell you frankly, what is the reason why we send our passport?

enna

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
AlbertaGovernor said:
The Alberta Motor Association offers registry services exclusively to AMA members. CAA is equivalent of AAA. CAA, AAA and AMA are affiliated and that is how AAA members can apply at AMA locations.
Thanks, Governor.

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
Avalap,

Thanks. It would be great if only the SIN document is enough to proof residential address.

the

Avalap said:
The,

To apply for Alberta Health Card, an alberta address proof is must besides Passport and COPR document.

For address proof :
you can use the SIN card document (not SIN Card) that is given to you when you apply for SIN number. The SIN document contains your SIN number and address.
OR
you can open a bank account and use the bank document for address proof.

Hope this helps.