+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
bendjoe said:
sukhminder said:
Yea me too was expecting PPR from LA but I got a letter today stating that LA had completed the Initial Assessment of my application. and expect to finalize the application without interview. They however had asked me to submit the following documents to support my application.

1) Written personal statement providing details of family members in Canada and their residential addresses in Canada.
2) Written personal statement providing reason for wishing to immigrate to Alberta.

Now senior guys please pour in your ideas so that I can frame the letter exactly to the point that they need and send it to them today or at the most tomorrow morning. I have maternal family in Canada so providing their details is not an issue, the main thing is for that personal statement....which is tricky.

If anyone ever got that sort of thing with the Initial Assessment letter, please share your thoughts. I'd highly appreciate that.

Thanks in advance!!
What made them to request these things. Can't think of a reason why they are asking for this.

May be you troubled them with too many e-mail inquiries.
So finally sent the personal statement letters to them today EXPRESS POST (they send their letters through 42cents post). One thing I noticed was that my File number initially had [PN] in the end of BXXXXXXXXX when it was in Buffalo and now on this IA its mentioned as BXXXXXXXXX AB when its in LA...lol..I care less as long as they send me PPR in next 10 days :D

KrisR

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Tips to Folks applying for CIC : -

In addition to the checklist of documents that you include to be sent to CIC ,
please include the following to fasten your application process

1.) State PCC 's from all states that you have resided. Please ensure that the dates on the PCC's do not exceed at a maximum of more than 4 months

2.) Notarized pay stubs from your Employer ( This is not a requirement but please do send it if you have it current)

3.) If you do not have a paystub, please send a copy of the employment letter of your current holder of your H1B ( This too is not a requirement)

4.) A visiting card if you do have one

Thanks and Regards,
Krishna

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
KrisR said:

1.) State PCC 's from all states that you have resided. Please ensure that the dates on the PCC's do not exceed at a maximum of more than 4 months

2.) Notarized pay stubs from your Employer ( This is not a requirement but please do send it if you have it current)

3.) If you do not have a paystub, please send a copy of the employment letter of your current holder of your H1B ( This too is not a requirement)

Thanks and Regards,
Krishna
Good Idea my file number has AM at the end.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KrisR said:

Thanks and Regards,
Krishna
I would not encourage to send extra stuffs it does not make any sense to me that it actually helps to speed up process. if thats case why not send medical reports along with the application that will save you some time and also original passport...inbtw why do you want to make things difficult for other applicants. if you send pay stubb copy what if they start asking to every applicant to submit paystub copy. this type of thing happned with Alberata nomination time and now they are asking every individul to send recent paystub. Still no one is stopping anyone to go beyond what CIC is asking. it's free country right? But think twice before you take such step as it might hurt someone else's application. if they ask me i would have my paystub ready for them but i am concern about folks out there not able to give paystub and still in US just becuase they can get the PR in their hand before they leave US and holding H1b visa on Banch without pay. Sending them notice of Action 797A isnt enough to prove our legal status in US? think about it.

KrisR

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Despo,

When i had applied , i had sent in all these documents and i felt that it kind of helped speed up case.
Hence the additional info to the forum members. Just my two cents

despoimmigrant said:
KrisR said:

Thanks and Regards,
Krishna
I would not encourage to send extra stuffs it does not make any sense to me that it actually helps to speed up process. if thats case why not send medical reports along with the application that will save you some time and also original passport...inbtw why do you want to make things difficult for other applicants. if you send pay stubb copy what if they start asking to every applicant to submit paystub copy. this type of thing happned with Alberata nomination time and now they are asking every individul to send recent paystub. Still no one is stopping anyone to go beyond what CIC is asking. it's free country right? But think twice before you take such step as it might hurt someone else's application. if they ask me i would have my paystub ready for them but i am concern about folks out there not able to give paystub and still in US just becuase they can get the PR in their hand before they leave US and holding H1b visa on Banch without pay. Sending them notice of Action 797A isnt enough to prove our legal status in US? think about it.

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
I second-ed despo opinion on this...

Do not send anything if they do not require/ask. Only provide what they ask/need. Providing more information than needed can actually HURT you. Especially immigration specific stuff - it's all depends on requirements, luck among other things.

I have a friend from college who now works as border patrol in Seattle area - and that's what he told me.

I, too, have changed status to an F-1, hence up to now, I haven't disclosed to CIC. I disclosed to AINP office - since they specifically said as part of the requirements to notify them of any job changes and all. CIC doesn't have the requirement to update such.

Just an FYI: I got my PPR last Friday and I submitted my passport and CIC received it yesterday.

Good luck to all.

despoimmigrant said:
KrisR said:

Thanks and Regards,
Krishna

KrisR

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Sukh,

My passport reached today moring to LA consulate. Checked it via FedEx Tracker. Sent a single passport.

sukhminder said:
KrisR said:
Sukh,

I also have a AB following my Immi File number.
Oh ok Krish...by the way did you passports reach LA? And how many passports did you send-alone or family?

mumbaimerijan

Jan 4, 2009
yrinaldy,

In PPR did they just ask for passport or any other documents too?

I read somewhere that there is Authorization document . Anything else?

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
There are 3 pages total:
1. cover letter
2. instructions (photos + other info)
3. authorization (you have to fill in and sign)

I resubmit everything + 4 photos (immigration pics) + passport

Hope this helps.

mumbaimerijan said:
yrinaldy,

In PPR did they just ask for passport or any other documents too?

I read somewhere that there is Authorization document . Anything else?

KrisR

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Despo and Yrin,

I too agree that sending in too much info can sometimes be dangerous.
But think about it : -

1.) A few of the applicants were asked for proof of employment in terms of reference letter or paystubs etc

So if this helps shorten that one month wait time , all the more advantage to us :-

As i have pointed out ,If the applicant does not have paystubs , they could send the Employment letter that they sent ( During the nomination process) .

The above statements are all tips and i agree it should be left to the individual descretion of the applicant as to whether they want to submit these "additional docs" . There is no rule or requirement to submit them though

yrinaldy said:

Do not send anything if they do not require/ask. Only provide what they ask/need. Providing more information than needed can actually HURT you. Especially immigration specific stuff - it's all depends on requirements, luck among other things.

I have a friend from college who now works as border patrol in Seattle area - and that's what he told me.

I, too, have changed status to an F-1, hence up to now, I haven't disclosed to CIC. I disclosed to AINP office - since they specifically said as part of the requirements to notify them of any job changes and all. CIC doesn't have the requirement to update such.

Just an FYI: I got my PPR last Friday and I submitted my passport and CIC received it yesterday.

Good luck to all.

despoimmigrant said:
KrisR said:

Thanks and Regards,
Krishna

yrinaldy said:

Good luck to all.

despoimmigrant said:
KrisR said:

Thanks and Regards,
Krishna

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KrisR said:
Sukh,

My passport reached today moring to LA consulate. Checked it via FedEx Tracker. Sent a single passport.

sukhminder said:
KrisR said:
Sukh,

I also have a AB following my Immi File number.
Oh ok Krish...by the way did you passports reach LA? And how many passports did you send-alone or family?
Hi KrisR,

Looks like you have included your family m embers in your application. Why did you only send your passport? When are you planing to send rest of your family's passport? i will be in same spot after few months that i will only have my passport as my wife and kido traveling to india for 2 and half months. thank you for your insight.

Cheers !!

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
despoimmigrant said:
KrisR said:

Thanks and Regards,
Krishna
I followed the check list for CIC.
Didn't sent I797-A It came right back lost one month.
Didn't sent paystubs. They asked for it. Donno how much time will it take.

The reason why we have a discussion forum like this is to inform members about the latest requirements from CIC.

If one has the documents then they could send it. Other members in the forum is not going to make up for the lost time.