+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only one travel history

Anneche

Oct 31, 2018
Hi! I’m planning to apply for visitor visa, but I only have one travel history in Malaysia, will this affect my application?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi! I’m planning to apply for visitor visa, but I only have one travel history in Malaysia, will this affect my application?
Travel history is one factor in any application. I have a relative without any travel history, and she was granted a TRV.

That said, one travel to Malaysia doesn’t count for a Canadian TRV application. They prefer to see short stays to other visa required countries like the US and the UK. It would be a factor in the applicant’s favor that he/she won’t overstay in a developed country.

Anneche

Oct 31, 2018
Travel history is one factor in any application. I have a relative without any travel history, and she was granted a TRV.

That said, one travel to Malaysia doesn’t count for a Canadian TRV application. They prefer to see short stays to other visa required countries like the US and the UK. It would be a factor in the applicant’s favor that he/she won’t overstay in a developed country.
5 weeks of vacation is already long for tourist visa? They said the period of how long you can stay in canada would be depend on the officer but what if you already buy the ticket , but you only allowed to stay less than of what you expect and you already book a return ticket

Last edited:

Anneche

Oct 31, 2018
5 weeks of vacation is already long for tourist visa?
They said the period of how long you can stay in canada would be depend on the officer but what if you already buy the ticket , but you only allowed to stay less than of what you expect and you already book a return ticket

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
They said the period of how long you can stay in canada would be depend on the officer but what if you already buy the ticket , but you only allowed to stay less than of what you expect and you already book a return ticket
I’ll tell you one thing, if you say in your TRV application you’re staying for 5 weeks in Canada, it weakens your ties to your home country. I strongly suggest to declare your trip to 2-3 weeks.

Assuming you get your TRV and everything goes smoothly at your immigration interview, yes, you will be allowed to stay for up to 6 months on a TRV.

Anneche

Oct 31, 2018
I’ll tell you one thing, if you say in your TRV application you’re staying for 5 weeks in Canada, it weakens your ties to your home country. I strongly suggest to declare your trip to 2-3 weeks.

Assuming you get your TRV and everything goes smoothly at your immigration interview, yes, you will be allowed to stay for up to 6 months on a TRV.
So meaning to say I should not book my plane ticket return ticket first?

sventhedog

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
CIC states that you have to provide sufficient reason to go back to your home country so that would be a higher priority than your travel history. You could also explain to them why you haven't traveled much in your letter.