+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only have references for the last 2.5 years of work experience, not 3 years.

pete6256

Jan 27, 2011
Hello,

I had question about the work experience requirement.

It says you need to provide references for the last 3 years of work experience, but I only have up to date references for last 2.5 years. The 1/2 year I'm missing was just a 6 month contract that was outside of Canada.

I think the company I worked for during that 1/2 year is still going, but it was only a 6 month contract through an agency and no one I worked with is still with the company or remembers who I am. So there is no way I could get a reference from them to verify my duties etc.

What should I do? Should I enclose a letter with my application stating this?

Thanks!

Pete

visitor404

Dec 18, 2012
I do not think you need to submit employment reference letter for the experience acquired outside of Canada, if applying under CEC.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Have you already applied for CEC application?

if not, then according to the new rules, i believe they only require 1 yr of work experience in Canada.

So that is all you need to submit. At most, you can add for the other year too, but there is no reason to give documents for your 3 job too. I dont think so.

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
pete6256 said:
Hello,

I had question about the work experience requirement.

It says you need to provide references for the last 3 years of work experience, but I only have up to date references for last 2.5 years. The 1/2 year I'm missing was just a 6 month contract that was outside of Canada.

I think the company I worked for during that 1/2 year is still going, but it was only a 6 month contract through an agency and no one I worked with is still with the company or remembers who I am. So there is no way I could get a reference from them to verify my duties etc.

What should I do? Should I enclose a letter with my application stating this?

Thanks!

Pete
You do not need employment letter for any job that you held outside Canada.

Rayvan

Dec 16, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2013
IELTS Request
yes
Med's Request
05-12-2013