Oct 24, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-07-2018
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to share with you about my experience using Registered Post service for sending my documents to Canada. At first, I was very skeptical and wanted to opt for other courier options like DTDC, FedEx etc. However, somehow I developed faith in our government operated postal system and I went ahead to use Indian Post.

When I went ahead to the post office, the person at the counter guided me to use Registered Post instead of Speed Post as it was 10x cheaper than that. It costed around 130 Rs to send one set of documents (upto 100gm) to Canada. Speed Post charges for the same packet were around 1200 Rs. And he highlighted that the only difference between the two being "priority". Similar to the trains Rajdhani (Speed Post) and GaribRath (Registered Post), I hope Indians would get what I'm trying to convey with this example.

WE USED REGISTERED POST and days went by. After initial updates, there was no change in the status tracker of the packet. I started being doubtful about our decision and tried to contact the Indian Post helpline. Persistently waiting in queues in order to speak with an executive but all in vain. Eventually one day I got through and the executive told me that the tracking is not possible once the packet goes out of India.

As I was getting more worried, somehow it struck me that I was not checking the WES portal and only focusing on the delivery tracker of the documents. Immediately, I logged in to WES portal and was happy to see that my status was "In Progress", Your documents have been received. Phew!!

I'd sent the documents on 25th Nov and the last status was updated on 27th Nov. As per WES site, status of my application was In Progress on 7th Dec. As far as I know, they do not update the status immediately upon receipt of the document, it takes them a day or two to get to that stage. So all in all, it took almost 10-12 Days by using Registered Post and paying 130 Rs. :cool:

I saw many people sending documents using express courier delivery partners and spending more than 2000 Rs per packet. That's why I wanted to share with you all that we could send documents using Indian Post as well. It is reliable and cost effective. I was ok to compromise on a few days extra using Indian Post and hence went ahead with it. If fast delivery is required, then this may not be a good idea. Otherwise, it works out just fine.

Most of all, thank you for bearing with the long post. :)

Reactions: KV_hopeful