+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online work permit application status applied feb 2013

ss28

Apr 1, 2013
I am currently in US and have submitted an online application for work permit on feb 9, 2013. its more than 60 days and have not heard anything back from CIC yet. Can anyone suggest an approximate time for the online work permit applications for new employers now? Also since its an online application, which consulate are we suppose to contact for requesting status update?
Thanks

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
hi since you apply online for your work permit. how did you go through some forms that needs signature? (are you on a common law) if not never mind. the form is killing me it needs a commissioner of oath signature and me and my partners signature i dont know if we have to sign it or not..

ss28

Apr 1, 2013
hi... you do not have to sign the forms if applying online. once all the forms are filled and ready to be uploaded, they ask to do a digital signature which is just printing your name on a confirmation page. you will not be able to upload a scanned form as it has the bar codes..

Do you have any info on what is the current processing time for Online work permit applications ?

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Others are taking about 11weeks and some days mineis also taking too long sumitted it last feb13 its been 2 months now.

ss28

Apr 1, 2013
did you also apply it online ? was it a new employer work permit ?

mine is a new employer work permit. i am in my 10th week now.

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
ss28 said:
did you also apply it online ? was it a new employer work permit ?

mine is a new employer work permit. i am in my 10th week now.
No i applied by mail. Its a new work permit the very first work permit.

ss28

Apr 1, 2013
could you please let me know once you hear back from CIC, i will also do the same if i get some updates.

where did you apply from ?

ss28

Apr 1, 2013
For all those people who are impatiently waiting for information regarding TWP. I was also one among you till yesterday. Here are some details that might help.

I applied for a TWP from US for myself, an open work permit for my spouse and 2 TRVs for my kids. I submitted the application online on Feb 9th. While submitting the application online, you do not need to sign any of the docs as at the end before submitting you just need to do a digital signature by typing your full name. The entire process is very straight forward and the best part is you do not need to send your passport until they ask for it.
I got the request for sending my family's passport (not mine) on April 26th and on May 2nd i got the intimation for sending my passport.

Even though the application was submitted online, my TWP was processed at the NY consulate (i think all TWP are processed only at NY). I am in CA and i sent all the passports to LA consulate since that is my nearest consulate.
We got the LOI (work permit approval) for my wife on May 7th and got the passport back after 2 days.
I got my LOI on May 15th and I am expecting my passport back by tomorrow.
Even though i submitted all the applications at the same time, my wife's and kid's applications were processed earlier than mine (not sure why).

So the entire process takes close to 3 months or a little more. There is no point in writing to NY consulate unless your application is more than 2 months. I have mailed twice and i got response for both my emails but i mailed them after 75 days. Hope this helps.. :)

atteeq

Star Member
May 1, 2010
HI how long does it take from manitoba to get LMO then I am going to apply for visa from pakistan waiting for the positive LMO ??