+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online visitor's visa rejected_Kenya embassy

Samster

Feb 20, 2013
Hi,

I had applied for a visitor's visa online for my mother on 2nd March 2017. My husband who is employed by a Canadian company is here on a work permit and i have an open work permit. I paid for the application fees online using the Canadian credit card and submitted the scanned documents online. From the letter i received today, the application was processed by the High Commission of Canada in Nairobi, Kenya. The rejection is based on the following:

1) You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

a) travel history
b) employment prospects in country of residence
c) Family ties in Canada
d) Purpose of visit

2) Other reasons:
Your family members in Canada are there temporarily

There is no further explanation of the rejection. I had ensured that my mother's application was complete. She had shown her residence, employment and financial status in her country of residence. Based on my mother's employment, a school teacher in Central Africa, she submitted her most recent contract letter, her salary slips and her bank statement and current account savings (>$10,000). Apparently that is not good enough.

The only possible document that was missing is a letter from the school that she will be traveling to Canada for a holiday and will return and join the school for work. But her travel was planned during her school easter vacation and like every other time we have applied for visas to other countries, including US, we have not submitted such a letter as she only travels when she has a school vacation. Her current application was for a 3 weeks holiday during the easter vacation.

I had also provided all sufficient documents to prove my husband's employment and my status in Canada. A letter of invitation to stay with us in our house while visiting Canada. So does this mean because we are here on temporary resident visas ourselves, my parent cannot visit us?Huh

I am absolutely shocked as my mother has traveled extensively and she has previously traveled to Canada in 2012 and her visa was approved at the New York embassy, when she applied there in person during her visit to the US. The last thing i expected was a rejection from the Canadian embassy stating my husband and i are temporary residents.

I am not sure what to do as I was expecting to see my mother here in a few weeks and it looks like it will not be possible even if we reapply. Infact she is so disappointed she does not even want to waste time or money anymore in applying again.

Can someone please provide some suggestions or clarify if this is common in the Kenyan High Commission of Canada to reject applications for no reason? Is there anyone i can talk to who has the authority to look into this case?

Thanks.