+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online TRV application - passport requested?

Lava64

Mar 11, 2013
rauza said:
So how long did it exactly take to receive an email from there askign for your passport? I am trying to make traveling arrangments but witing to hear from CIC and nto sure what to do. thanks!
It took 22 days from the day the submitted online to receiving a passport requested message. Still waiting.... ::)

ranjitksubramanian

Feb 26, 2013
You should get it Buddy. Actually LA is faster.
My passport reached Los Angeles Consulate on Monday (03-18-2013) - 11:40 AM
LA Consulate stamped it on Tuesday (03-19-2013) and sent it to USPS - 03:30 PM
I received passport back on Wednesday (03-20-2013) morning 10:35 AM

itoen

Mar 12, 2013
Congrats mimram! When they informed you to send the original passport, did they ask you to send to LA Consulate particular or you were able to choose to send to either NY or LA?

mimram said:
Thank you.
I received my passport stamped :)
Make sure that use the exact office address (EAPP). I guess that would be faster.

Lava64

Mar 11, 2013
Quick update: Passports were received back with TRV issued. Turns out my dad forgot to include a pre-paid DHL envelope so that could have been the reason for the delay in returning the passports. Below is a quick summary of their application for reference:

• Applied using online TRV application in mycic
  • Signed & scanned all forms except the application form (digitally signed)
  • Translations were not requested for non-English/French documents
  • 22 days from date submitted to receiving "passport requested" message in mycic
  • 10 days from sending passport to embassy in Cairo and receiving them back

Good luck to all! 8)

jaydeecoke

Feb 28, 2013
I am a Malaysian and I applied for the visa online and having uploaded all the required documents there was a request for the passport submission to the Canadian High Commission in Singapore. When there is a request for the passport you are given 30 days from the date of the request letter to submit your passport either in person/third party or by courier. I submitted mine, my wife's and daughter's at 8.30 a.m. in the morning and was told to come back at 2.30 p.m and received the passports and everything's hunky-dory. Cheers!!!
:-* 8) ;D

diettima

Mar 8, 2013
Has anyone submitted their passport to NY consulate after online application? How long are they taking to return the stamped passport?

ik17

Mar 26, 2013
Applied Online : 22nd Feb
Passport Requested : 20th March
Passport received by NYC Consulate :21st March

Anyone have any ideas of how long it might take for the New York Consulate to send my passport back ? I have a trip scheduled that is coming up in a couple of weeks time.
It would be great if anyone who has been through this process can share how long it took for them to get their passports returned

zhangwei418

Feb 7, 2013
I sent my passport with my family's at March. 14th as asked.
NY officer received them at March.15th.
But I haven't heard anything till now, March. 26th.
Will it take a long time for family application?
How can I find out whether they had forgotten to process them or stamped on them?
Can I go to NY to take the passports back? Without my passport I can do nothing.

subhrnsupani

Mar 27, 2013
Thanks to all this is a very helpful forum. Myself and mywife have applied for Visitor visa through online. I am keeping my fingers crossed as to when I will get the approval. I have few questions

1- Shall we both send our passports in a single envelop and also provide a single return envelop. Or shall we send our passports separately. We have applied a single online application .
2- We stay in LA, is it mandatory to use USPS or can I use UPS or Fedex
3- Do we send our old passports or just the current passport.
4- I stay in LA so by default shall I send it to LA Canadian consulate.

Visacurious

Mar 7, 2013
Received my passport back today from LA Embassy.

Visa apply date: 8-Feb-2013
Passport request from Embassy: 7-Mar-2013
Passport Sent to Los Angeles Consulate: 25-Mar-2013 ( I was overseas so couldn't send the passport earlier)
Passport received by LA consulate: 26-Mar-2013
Passport received by me at my home address: 30-Mar-2013

Good luck to everyone. It seems that in LA it is taking one full week , in NY it is taking approx 2.5 weeks for passport to come back. Certainly LA is better.

optymystik

Apr 3, 2013
I realized there are many people who are in the quest for the current processing times for Visitor Visa, and I am one among many. I feel the agony of anticipation and uncertainity. To mitigate this agony, I took an initiative to start a database, where each of us can contribute/submit our processing dates. This could be a great source of information as what to expect.

I humbly would like to request everyone to come forward and help the fellow Visa Seekers in this regard!! Please check the following link and post the information.

http://canvisatimes.blogspot.com/

Heleina

Star Member
Aug 28, 2009
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lava64 said:
Sure, this is what they were asked for and submitted (all were scanned into PDF, except the IMM5257 application which was "digitally signed" to include the barcode):

• IMM5257 Application
• Marriage Licence/Certificate
• Authority to Release Personal Information (IMM5475)
• Itinerary, Travel
• Additional Family Information IMM5645
• Purpose of travel - Other
• Passport or travel document
• Proof of Relationship (scan of my birth certificate)
• Business Registration
• Use of Representative (IMM5476)
• Invitation Letter (I provided that with all the details listed on CIC's website. Google "CIC letter invitation")
• Authorization for family member IMM5713
• Proof of Means of Financial Support
• Digital Photo
• Travel History

Cheers
Hello, when you say purpose of travel, did you just attached a letter?

There was a question in the initial questionnaire if you depend on someone for financial support - did you answer yes that's why you're attaching proof of means of financial support?

skrm

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2016
AOR Received.
14-09-2016, AOR2: 27-09-2016