+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online TRV application - passport requested?

Lava64

Mar 11, 2013
Hi,
Newbie here... I tried searching for an answer to my question but couldn't find anything similar to this situation. In a nutshell, my parents applied for a TRV visitor visa online just over 3 weeks ago and provided all documents including an invitation letter from me (I live in Canada). They received a request today in myCIC to send in their passports to the visa office. The letter said:

A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

There were no other messages in myCIC so they can't tell whether their application was approved or not, I'm guessing that asking for their passports is a good sign that they were approved but can't say for sure.

My question: If anyone has received a similar request for their online application, can you please share the outcome? (visa issued/rejected)

Many thanks!!

hks11

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
I got the same information from them, I believe it is almost positive so let's stay positive. 8)

help_TRV

Mar 11, 2013
hks11 said:
I got the same information from them, I believe it is almost positive so let's stay positive. 8)
Hi There,

Did you apply for the visitor Visa online? When did you submit your documents and after how long did you get a reply?

Thank you in advance.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lava64 said:
Hi,
Newbie here... I tried searching for an answer to my question but couldn't find anything similar to this situation. In a nutshell, my parents applied for a TRV visitor visa online just over 3 weeks ago and provided all documents including an invitation letter from me (I live in Canada). They received a request today in myCIC to send in their passports to the visa office. The letter said:

A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

There were no other messages in myCIC so they can't tell whether their application was approved or not, I'm guessing that asking for their passports is a good sign that they were approved but can't say for sure.

My question: If anyone has received a similar request for their online application, can you please share the outcome? (visa issued/rejected)

Many thanks!!
Can you please let me know what all documents were submitted by your parents?

Lava64

Mar 11, 2013
Sure, this is what they were asked for and submitted (all were scanned into PDF, except the IMM5257 application which was "digitally signed" to include the barcode):

• IMM5257 Application
• Marriage Licence/Certificate
• Authority to Release Personal Information (IMM5475)
• Itinerary, Travel
• Additional Family Information IMM5645
• Purpose of travel - Other
• Passport or travel document
• Proof of Relationship (scan of my birth certificate)
• Business Registration
• Use of Representative (IMM5476)
• Invitation Letter (I provided that with all the details listed on CIC's website. Google "CIC letter invitation")
• Authorization for family member IMM5713
• Proof of Means of Financial Support
• Digital Photo
• Travel History

Cheers

mimram

Mar 14, 2013

Many thanks!!
[/quote]

Hi,
I have the same question! did you find out anything about that? tnx

Lava64

Mar 11, 2013
mimram said:

Many thanks!!

Hi,
I have the same question! did you find out anything about that? tnx
No I haven't found an answer to this question. I'm going to guess that folks who sent in their passports ended up getting the TRV but may have missed to report back :)
Tryin' to keep it positive!

spideey666

Mar 5, 2013
There is no reason for the consulate to ask your passport to put a denied stamp on it. They ask for it to issue the stamping foil. No doubts here.

Lava64

Mar 11, 2013
spideey666 said:
There is no reason for the consulate to ask your passport to put a denied stamp on it. They ask for it to issue the stamping foil. No doubts here.
Indeed that would be my assumption too, but as the saying goes "I'll believe it when I see it". Passports were sent on march 12, will report back here when my folks hear back.

mimram

Mar 14, 2013
Lava64 said:
Indeed that would be my assumption too, but as the saying goes "I'll believe it when I see it". Passports were sent on march 12, will report back here when my folks hear back.
my passport is on the way and I would receive that by tomorrow noon. The LA office recieved that on 14 March noon and re sent that on 18 March after noon.

Lava64

Mar 11, 2013
mimram said:
my passport is on the way and I would receive that by tomorrow noon. The LA office recieved that on 14 March noon and re sent that on 18 March after noon.
Congratulations! That's quite re-assuring.

hks11

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
mimram said:
LA may be quicker than NY. Anyways, all the best and enjoy your Canada trip.

mimram

Mar 14, 2013
Thank you.
I received my passport stamped :)
Make sure that use the exact office address (EAPP). I guess that would be faster.

rauza

Mar 20, 2013
Lava64 said:
Hi,

Many thanks!!
So how long did it exactly take to receive an email from there askign for your passport? I am trying to make traveling arrangments but witing to hear from CIC and nto sure what to do. thanks!