+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online TRV application from USA

subhrnsupani

Mar 27, 2013
Thanks to all this is a very helpful forum. Myself and mywife have applied for Visitor visa through online. I am keeping my fingers crossed as to when I will get the approval. I have few questions

1- Shall we both send our passports in a single envelop and also provide a single return envelop. Or shall we send our passports separately. We have applied a single online application .
2- We stay in LA, is it mandatory to use USPS or can I use UPS or Fedex
3- Do we send our old passports or just the current passport.
4- I stay in LA so by default shall I send it to LA Canadian consulate.

hks11

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
subhrnsupani said:
Thanks to all this is a very helpful forum. Myself and mywife have applied for Visitor visa through online. I am keeping my fingers crossed as to when I will get the approval. I have few questions

1- Shall we both send our passports in a single envelop and also provide a single return envelop. Or shall we send our passports separately. We have applied a single online application .
2- We stay in LA, is it mandatory to use USPS or can I use UPS or Fedex
3- Do we send our old passports or just the current passport.
4- I stay in LA so by default shall I send it to LA Canadian consulate.
1) You can send both passports in a single envelop and can include a single return envelop. I did the same.
2) I think you can also use UPS or Fedex, not 100% sure though.. you can refer the CIC website. What I know is if you don't send return envelop, they will send it through USPS ground service.
3) I would suggest you send both old and new passports. They may need travel history.
4) I did not see anywhere that you send only to specific center, since you applied from USA you can send to LA or NY unless they mention any specific information on the letter.

Hope it helps.

tqn289

Mar 9, 2013
Hello everyone,

I did submit my TRV on March 12 and just got the message required sending passport. However, the message does not say anything about where to send passport to. Anyone know where (Detroit – New York - Seattle or LA) should I send the passport? I am in Kentucky.

Thanks.

hks11

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
Login to CIC, you can see the message in PDF that explains you where to send passport. You may have to refer the URL given in the PDF.

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
tqn289 said:
Hello everyone,

I did submit my TRV on March 12 and just got the message required sending passport. However, the message does not say anything about where to send passport to. Anyone know where (Detroit – New York - Seattle or LA) should I send the passport? I am in Kentucky.

Thanks.
Detroit's office has been closed, it's gotta be LA or NY. Which one it says on the PDF? You got a pretty quick response!

tqn289

Mar 9, 2013
hks11 said:
Login to CIC, you can see the message in PDF that explains you where to send passport. You may have to refer the URL given in the PDF.
It said "To find out where to send your passport, visit our website: "www dot cic dot gc dot ca/submit" Then @ that website

"Determine where to send your passport

To determine where to send your passport, you will need to refer to the answers you provided to questions 7 and 9 on your application form with regards to your country of residence and your country of application.

If you do not have a copy of your completed and validated application form, it can be accessed through your MyCIC account.

To access your application in MyCIC
In your application form, if you have answered:

YES to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 7
NO to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 9
Click on the name of the appropriate country/territory in the alphabetical list below.

Note that the instructions for the submission of your passport may be different than the instructions on visa office websites. Instructions on visa office websites are meant for applicants not using e-Apps. Follow the instructions provided on this page when submitting/sending your passport to avoid delays.

When you submit your passport, it is important to include the letter we have sent to your MyCIC account."

I answered "YES" to Q 9, So I use USA, of course. It does not say specifically like NY or LA.

Can I send to NY?

subhrnsupani

Mar 27, 2013
tqn289 said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks.
You got a pretty quick response!! What did you do :) What is the travel date you mentioned in the application.

Visacurious

Mar 7, 2013
tqn289 said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks.
There are only two offices now where you can send your passport. NY and LA . I recommend you send it to LA .. That's what I did . It is much faster than NY

tqn289

Mar 9, 2013
subhrnsupani said:
You got a pretty quick response!! What did you do :) What is the travel date you mentioned in the application.
Thanks. I go for conference between May 12-15 and I mentioned that date in my application. I think I have strong document saying that I wont stay in Canada after I am done with conference. I also prepared the application very carefully. Good luck everyone.

ycl666

May 14, 2013
tqn289 said:
It said "To find out where to send your passport, visit our website: "www dot cic dot gc dot ca/submit" Then @ that website

"Determine where to send your passport

To determine where to send your passport, you will need to refer to the answers you provided to questions 7 and 9 on your application form with regards to your country of residence and your country of application.

If you do not have a copy of your completed and validated application form, it can be accessed through your MyCIC account.

To access your application in MyCIC
In your application form, if you have answered:

YES to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 7
NO to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 9
Click on the name of the appropriate country/territory in the alphabetical list below.

Note that the instructions for the submission of your passport may be different than the instructions on visa office websites. Instructions on visa office websites are meant for applicants not using e-Apps. Follow the instructions provided on this page when submitting/sending your passport to avoid delays.

When you submit your passport, it is important to include the letter we have sent to your MyCIC account."

I answered "YES" to Q 9, So I use USA, of course. It does not say specifically like NY or LA.

Can I send to NY?
Hi, does that mean I can send my passport to the consulate outside US even though I applied for it in US? Because I will leave US at the end of this month, and if I got the original passport request when I was not in US, sending my passport to the nearest consulate instead of going back to US could help me a lot.