+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online TRV application from USA

forsaken11

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
I finally got an email today asking me to send my passport by mail. (I applied online on Jan 27th). I have to send the passport to NY. Can anyone who recently sent in their passport to NY let me know how much time it took for them to get their passport back?

Thanks a lot!

edewr

Mar 11, 2013
diettima said:
Has anyone applied on or after 13th Feb and got reponse?
I applied on Feb 12th and haven't heard from them ever since. Please let me know if you get any notification. Thank you!

bobokiki

Feb 28, 2013
Hello,

My bf applied for TRV online on Jan 30th and got a message online requesting some additional documents on Feb 19th. Submitted on the same day and then received the approval message and request for passport on March 1st (exactly 30 days...as stated on the website).

We sent in the passport on the same day (March 1st) and the NYC consulate received it on March 4th...but we still have not heard anything back... I read previous posts on this forum saying that it would take at least a week for the consulate to send back your passport...

The whole process is just extremely frustrating..with no way of communication whatsoever....good luck for all, and hopefully we can get his passport back soon...

Best.

Lava64

Mar 11, 2013
bobokiki said:
...then received the approval message and request for passport on March 1st (exactly 30 days...as stated on the website).
Did he get a specific message saying "approved", or was it just the "send in passports" request?

Thanks!

hks11

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
help_TRV said:
@ hks11 how long did they take to process your online application?

Please reply!!!
I applied on 7th Feb and got the message to send my passport on 5th Mar. I sent the passport on 5th Mar, still waiting....

spideey666

Mar 5, 2013
spideey666 said:
diettima:

I applied on the 12th and have not heard from them yet. Its been a month as of today.
Just checked the mycic website, and they have asked me to send the passports. I have not received the email yet. it took 1 month.

ranjitksubramanian

Feb 26, 2013
Congrats Dude... I applied on Feb-15 and expecting this friday. I tried to login into MyCIC (GCKey Log In) website to see for any messages. But the URL had thrown me an error.

Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /mycic/gccf.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. It was just the Initial page.

veb1

Mar 12, 2013
To ALL who got their online application approved,
Did you sign and scan your IMM5645E (Family information) form or submitted the non signed form? I applied on Mar 5 online.
Thanks.

spideey666

Mar 5, 2013
ranjitksubramanian said:
Congrats Dude... I applied on Feb-15 and expecting this friday. I tried to login into MyCIC (GCKey Log In) website to see for any messages. But the URL had thrown me an error.

Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /mycic/gccf.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. It was just the Initial page.

Try using IE. other browsers seen to have issues. Their site does nt seem to have been designed to handle load.

spideey666

Mar 5, 2013
veb1 said:
To ALL who got their online application approved,
Did you sign and scan your IMM5645E (Family information) form or submitted the non signed form? I applied on Mar 5 online.
Thanks.
I did sign-scan-upload all forms except the main one with bar codes.

veb1

Mar 12, 2013
spideey666 said:
I did sign-scan-upload all forms except the main one with bar codes.
Ok, thx for the update. DID ANYONE get their appl approved without signing/scanning the family form? I thought no signature is required for online application. Should i submit a web form to add a signed copy to my application? Will they ask me to submit it later, which cud cause a delay in processing?

help_TRV

Mar 11, 2013
hks11 said:
I applied on 7th Feb and got the message to send my passport on 5th Mar. I sent the passport on 5th Mar, still waiting....
Hi There,

Where were you asked to send your Passport? I read some post where the applicants mailed their passport to NYC.

trv_wait

Mar 13, 2013
Has anybody heard on application filed on February 13 or after? Also, if the application is approved, how long does it take for the NYC consulate to return the passport? I am getting very close to my travel dates and am nervous that I have cancel all of my reservations. Thanks much for your reply.