+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Timeline Application for Visitor Visa July 2018

CanadaVisitor7

Jul 22, 2018
This is the thread for Applicants who have applied for TRV / Visitor Visa in the month of July 2018
Kindly share your timelines below to help us understand the process better, as it works differently for everyone.

CanadaVisitor7

Jul 22, 2018
Hi All Forum Members,

I would like to share my timeline here:-

Daughters's TRV Applied: 11th July
Submission Confirmation: 11th July
Application Approved: 14th July
Original Passport Request: 14th July

Travel History : US (Short Stay) and China
Previous refusal : None

Mine:
TRV Applied: 11th July
Submission Confirmation: 11th July
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirement
Current Status: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Travel History : US (Long Stay) and China
Previous refusal : Yes in TRV in the year 2003

As you can see from above, mine application is stuck , my daughters approval was granted in 3 working days!

The other thing to be noted is that I created 2 different online accounts on cic.gc.ca (GCKEY), one for myself and one for my daughter(she is 18), now I am thinking that I should have applied under 1 application, for example added her as a family member.

Regardless, our travel dates are same for next month third week of August 2018 for the duration of 1 week.Its interesting to see how to 2 family members are treated differently given their past travel history.

I hope the above information helps the members.

Lastly, I would like to ask fellow members, would it help me if I raise the web enquiry to let VO know that TRV Application for my daughter has already been approved?

Not submitted my Daughter passport yet as we have 30 days to submit as per passport request letter.

Kindly Advise
Thank you all for reading

Reactions: samroro

Manpreet_2233

Nov 2, 2017
This is the thread for Applicants who have applied for TRV / Visitor Visa in the month of July 2018
Kindly share your timelines below to help us understand the process better, as it works differently for everyone.
online applied on 19 may from Qatar still under process

JSquare

Jul 20, 2018
Online applied from India.
Applied on 7th July.
Submission confirmation : 8th July
Review of eligibility started on 12th July.
Since that no updates.
have to travel within this month. :( any one can estimate when i'll get the result?

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Spouse application July 13
Mine July 13
Different accounts online.
Got confirmation for both.
Request for biometrics next day for both
Done biometrics next day
Now my account shows biometrics completed
Spouse account shows we need your biometrics!
It's been few days no update
Can ASC lose biometrics?
I thought biometrics are sent automatically to the Embassy!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Spouse application July 13
Mine July 13
Different accounts online.
You could have applied from the same online account.

Got confirmation for both.
Request for biometrics next day for both
Done biometrics next day
Now my account shows biometrics completed
Spouse account shows we need your biometrics!
It's been few days no update
When did your spouse give his biometrics?

Can ASC lose biometrics?
I thought biometrics are sent automatically to the Embassy!
No, ASC won't lose the biometrics. Yes, it is forwarded to the visa office

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna need your help..I was forgot to add email id in application form.. this can cause any issue? Online application
Yes, it can. Although all notifications/communication from IRCC will be through your online account, an email address is required.

You must send a web form to your local visa office for your email address

JSquare

Jul 20, 2018
Yes, it can. Although all notifications/communication from IRCC will be through your online account, an email address is required.

You must send a web form to your local visa office for your email address
i am able to track application online...just forgot to fill email in form 5257e,
do i have to send web form to specific office? i don't know from where my application is being processed
@Bryanna please help asap..review of eligibility already started since 12th july

Last edited:

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You could have applied from the same online account.

When did your spouse give his biometrics?

No, ASC won't lose the biometrics. Yes, it is forwarded to the visa office[/QUOTE

We both gave biometrics same day! Actually spouse went in first (like 10 mnts before me)
I know it's my fault that we created different accounts. After we submitted the applications, I realized we could have uploaded all documents under one account.
Let's hope his account will be updated soon.
It says on the biometric request letter that it's valid for just 30 days, after that the application will be closed!
One more thing, his status shows they are checking elegibility, background check, documents....etc, it is my understanding that they only start processing after receiving biometrics! Does it mean they received biometrics but the account doesn't show it?
Thank you Bryanna. I see you help lot of people here.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@bonitaellada

One more thing, his status shows they are checking elegibility, background check, documents....etc, it is my understanding that they only start processing after receiving biometrics! Does it mean they received biometrics but the account doesn't show it?
You could send an email to your local visa office to confirm they have received your spouse's biometrics. The processing status indicates biometrics have been received but may have not been updated

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@bonitaellada

You could send an email to your local visa office to confirm they have received your spouse's biometrics. The processing status indicates biometrics have been received but may have not been updated
Thank you. I'll wait few more days. If nothing happens I will send an email.
I've read so many people saying they sent emails but never got any reply!

CanadaVisitor7

Jul 22, 2018
Online applied from India.
Applied on 7th July.
Submission confirmation : 8th July
Review of eligibility started on 12th July.
Since that no updates.
have to travel within this month. :( any one can estimate when i'll get the result?
May I ask, if you have any travel history to US, UK etc?