+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Study Permit Application- where do I pick up my visa?

May 21, 2014
Hi all,

I've just submitted a study permit application online via the CIC. I'm currently residing in Shanghai, but my work permit and contract are up at the end of June - after which, I'll return to my home country of South Africa. My question is - with an online CIC application in process, will I be able to return to South Africa and pick it up from an application centre there? Or, do I have to find a way to stay here in Shanghai and collect my visa once it's ready?

Any advice appreciated!

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Because you appled online you will get your "Letter of Introduction" through My CIC (online). You will print it out and bring it to POE, where a border officer will "issue" you your SP.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Regina said:
Because you appled online you will get your "Letter of Introduction" through My CIC (online). You will print it out and bring it to POE, where a border officer will "issue" you your SP.
No, the OP is from South Africa, s/he requires a TRV. So will have to send his/her passport to the processing office. It is possible that s/he can send the passport to Pretoria, but I wouldn't bet on it.