N/A
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2014
Hello,
I am currently in the process of collecting documents for my student permit. I have received admission for Ful time Masters course in University of Calgary with TA for 2 years. All the letters as provided by them show maximum 4 years duration giving the student a flexibility to finish in convenient time however, funding is for 2 years because normally , masters can be completed in 2 years. Am i required to then show additional funding for 2 years through additional funds in my account and my father's?

If I am applying online, how exactly is the provision to upload documents like covering letters,balance sheets,bank letters,employer letters, university marksheets, etc? Is there an order in which one needs to upload to show proof of funds?
Kindly assist.

nileshkaka

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
Online Delhi CHC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 sep 2013
Doc's Request.
30 sep 2013
IELTS Request
7 overall
Med's Request
--
Med's Done....
23 sep 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8 oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
15 oct 2013
LANDED..........
21 feb 2014
aparna.bhardwaj said:
Hello,
I am currently in the process of collecting documents for my student permit. I have received admission for Ful time Masters course in University of Calgary with TA for 2 years. All the letters as provided by them show maximum 4 years duration giving the student a flexibility to finish in convenient time however, funding is for 2 years because normally , masters can be completed in 2 years. Am i required to then show additional funding for 2 years through additional funds in my account and my father's?

If I am applying online, how exactly is the provision to upload documents like covering letters,balance sheets,bank letters,employer letters, university marksheets, etc? Is there an order in which one needs to upload to show proof of funds?
Kindly assist.
You have to merge all proof of funds into one single pdf file and upload it as of now. No need to submit university marksheets and employment letters as of now. CHC Delhi will contact you afterwards for your marksheets and employment letters. Only submit your SOP right now explaining your background under the additional documents option.

aparna.bhardwaj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2014
Hey thanks a lot!
So is the letter of explaination the option that becomes available in which we submit this SOP? I am sorry but I have not gone ahead beyond registering for a key as I was not too sure how to handle this online thing!

It will be helpful if you can tell me what all comes under letter of explaination apart from SOP(assuming this SOP is a succint version of what we submit in the Universities).
I am aware of what all to upload for documents which are precisely mentioned but I was not aware of this Letter of explaination. Do enlighten me more on this.
Thanks!

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
Letter of explanation is like additional documents sections. In this you can add any supporting documents. SOP + any additional document that you want to include in support of your application

aparna.bhardwaj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2014
Thank you for your reply! As a last question now( will ask the later when I am applying :) )
a. if I plan to insert a covering letter to the CHC from my side and also from my father's side as he will be showing the funds he has available with me, all this will be under the financial proof option right?

b. Should the covering letter given by my father be a notorized one like does it have to be an affidavit? Will not a normal letter do on his own company's letterhead?

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
a) Yes. You can show that in the financial support

b) Not sure how it happens in India. But I guess a normal statement should be enough.

nileshkaka

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
Online Delhi CHC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 sep 2013
Doc's Request.
30 sep 2013
IELTS Request
7 overall
Med's Request
--
Med's Done....
23 sep 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8 oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
15 oct 2013
LANDED..........
21 feb 2014
aparna.bhardwaj said:
Hey thanks a lot!
So is the letter of explaination the option that becomes available in which we submit this SOP? I am sorry but I have not gone ahead beyond registering for a key as I was not too sure how to handle this online thing!

It will be helpful if you can tell me what all comes under letter of explaination apart from SOP(assuming this SOP is a succint version of what we submit in the Universities).
I am aware of what all to upload for documents which are precisely mentioned but I was not aware of this Letter of explaination. Do enlighten me more on this.
Thanks!
Yup letter of explanation is where you attach your SOP. Make sure your SOP is short and precise and to the point. It shouldn't be too long like the ones that we submit to our universities for the purpose of getting admission. Max 2 sides of a page. You don't need to notarize any docs for online application. Explain in the SOP that you've attached the following docs and that your father has provided a covering letter on his company's letterhead.

Mr Singh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
To be Filed
Doc's Request.
Soon
Nomination.....
Soon
AOR Received.
Soon
IELTS Request
7.5,7,6,7=7
File Transfer...
Soon
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
Soon
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
aparna.bhardwaj said:
Hello,

Kindly assist.
online application vs paper based which is faster ?

aparna.bhardwaj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2014
Mr Singh said:
online application vs paper based which is faster ?
It depends completely on your application package. Through this forum experience i realised one thing that, be it online or paper based, if your application is clear, it won't matter. My application was paper based and processed timely inspite of no upfront medicals.You will save time on sending your passport if you apply through paper based. In online, you'll need to wait fr the request. The only problem as i see with paper based is the time involved in visiting the vfs office and messing around with papers. Other than this, nothing else.
The only thing to ensure in either case to save time is to keep the medicals tests ready.

Mr Singh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
To be Filed
Doc's Request.
Soon
Nomination.....
Soon
AOR Received.
Soon
IELTS Request
7.5,7,6,7=7
File Transfer...
Soon
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
Soon
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
aparna.bhardwaj said:
It depends completely on your application package. Through this forum experience i realised one thing that, be it online or paper based, if your application is clear, it won't matter. My application was paper based and processed timely inspite of no upfront medicals.You will save time on sending your passport if you apply through paper based. In online, you'll need to wait fr the request. The only problem as i see with paper based is the time involved in visiting the vfs office and messing around with papers. Other than this, nothing else.
The only thing to ensure in either case to save time is to keep the medicals tests ready.
OK Thanks, I've got refusal today is it better to re apply in a day or 2 online or should i apply paper based ?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Mr Singh said:
OK Thanks, I've got refusal today is it better to re apply in a day or 2 online or should i apply paper based ?

What will you prove if you apply in 'a day or 2' without first having a significant change in your profile?