+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online status not working.............I'm in the US, not sure what to do

mac101

May 8, 2010
Hi All,

I have applied for citizenship and before leaving Canada in August I was able to log in and check my application status online.

Right now I would like to change my address since I am now in the US. The problem is that every time I try to log in I get a message telling me application not found. I know that is normal for new applications but my application was found before. I don't know what to do. I tried calling the call centre but I keep getting a message telling me I cannot call from my area (US).

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call them from Skype or other voip using number +16139444000 (Foreign Affairs & Development office). After language options (1 or 2) route to reach CIC is: 1 (Foreign Affairs inquires) and then 2 (Information about immigration and visas). You'll be transferred to CIC like if you were calling +18882422100 number. Sometimes at this point CIC system may say that you can't call from your area, but that depends on how call is routed to CIC. In this case you may need to repeat whole thing until CIC call comes through normally.

If someone knows simpler way to reach CIC from Skype, let me know please.

mac101

May 8, 2010
Thanks for the reply EasyRider. I will set up a skype account and let you know how that goes. I tried calling the 613 number from my cell and it transferred me properly but then I got the message telling me I cannot call my area. We'll see how skype goes.

Thanks again!

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
If you are in the US, you could drive to Canada and call from there if you are within a days drive of the border or so.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Have you checked whether all the information you provide for logging-in is correct? If it's a system error, they will definitely help you over the phone.

citque

Nov 1, 2013
Today, I checked something strange. I called CIC by land-line phone (within Canada -Quebec), it was working. I tried Google talk which I use to contact for lower rate or free, IT WAS NOT WORKING!!! then it is impossible to call CIC from let's say USA!!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

citque said:
Today, I checked something strange. I called CIC by land-line phone (within Canada -Quebec), it was working. I tried Google talk which I use to contact for lower rate or free, IT WAS NOT WORKING!!! then it is impossible to call CIC from let's say USA!!!
1. Well the call centre will be closed on the 25th and 26th, and the 1-888 242 2100 can't be dialed from outside Canada.
2. You can try +1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
mac101 said:
Hi All,

I have applied for citizenship and before leaving Canada in August I was able to log in and check my application status online.

Right now I would like to change my address since I am now in the US. The problem is that every time I try to log in I get a message telling me application not found. I know that is normal for new applications but my application was found before. I don't know what to do. I tried calling the call centre but I keep getting a message telling me I cannot call from my area (US).

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
I called from the same number as EasyRider mentioned and it worked. You can not put your foreign address you have to put a reliable Canadian address. I tried to change my address online too and it did not let me put my foreign address. I had to call CIC and change my residential address to my mailing address (my Canadian address).

My online status did not work at one point and I called CIC. The agent gave me an email address where I wrote and asked them to fix my online account. I somehow can not find this address, sorry. They take time to reply but I got it fixed before they replied me, I do not know how?? This time I log in with my maiden plus my husband name (before I logged in only with my maiden name).

Good luck!

mac101

May 8, 2010
Skype is the man!

I first tried google talk which is free and that did not work. It gave me the same response as my cell phone.

Then I tried skype. Got through on the first try! Of course I had to buy $10 worth of skype credit but this call is probably worth a $500 considering it would cost me that much to fly to Canada and back.

It turns out there was an issue with my name. Written differently on my passport than on my PR card. I've been trying to login with the name on my PR card but apparently it was the one on my passport that I needed to you use.

Thanks everyone for all your help! A special thanks to Easyrunner for sure!