+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLINE STATUS DECISION MADE N ALSO RECEIVED LETTER STAYS UR APPLICATION REJECTED

hamsafar610

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
CAN ANY SENIOR HELP ME, I GOT LETTER FROM CANADIAN HIGH COMMISSION LONDON ASKED ME TO SUBMITTED ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS N IELTS RESULT, I SENT MY ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS N PROOF OF FUNDS, POLICE CLEARENCE THEN I APPEARED IN IELTS TEST N SENT IELTS RESULT THECKED MY APPLICATION STATUS ONLINE IT 'SAYS DECISION MADE' THEN I RECEIVED A LETTER (ONLY LETTER MY ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS STILL WITH VISA OFFICER) FROM VISA OFFICER SAYING THAT I HAVENT RECEIVED YOUR IELTS RESULT SO I TOOK DECISION N REFUSE YOUR APPLICATION AS U DONT MEET THE REQUIRED CRITERIA. SAME DAY I SENT MY ORIGINAL RESULT TO VISA OFFICER.

SECOND THING IS THAT I RECIEVED SPEAKING 8, WRITING 5.5, READING 5 AND LISTENING 5 TOTAL POINTS 10 NOW I ASSESS MY POINTS IT SAYS 66. I AM REALLY CONFUSED WHAT TO DO. WILL HE GIVE ME EXRA 1 POINT AS VISA OFFICER HAS ITS OWN DISCRETION ON THE CASE. ANYBODAY HAS EXPERIENCE OF SAME CASE, PLS SHARE IT HERE.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Hello Hamsafar610,

I got rejected the same way as you are explaining, this is my 3rd try, but in my case they received my IELTS scores and they were not enough.

If you make it up to 66, you will not qualify and will be rejected anyway even if they get the results. I don't think it matters, but you did good in sending them right away, you don't have to give-up your hopes, however they may not change the decision because you did not achieved 67 points.

Just re-apply with new IELTS exam.

aghijan

Star Member
Oct 16, 2007
hamsafar610 said:
CAN ANY SENIOR HELP ME, I GOT LETTER FROM CANADIAN HIGH COMMISSION LONDON ASKED ME TO SUBMITTED ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS N IELTS RESULT, I SENT MY ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS N PROOF OF FUNDS, POLICE CLEARENCE THEN I APPEARED IN IELTS TEST N SENT IELTS RESULT THECKED MY APPLICATION STATUS ONLINE IT 'SAYS DECISION MADE' THEN I RECEIVED A LETTER (ONLY LETTER MY ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS STILL WITH VISA OFFICER) FROM VISA OFFICER SAYING THAT I HAVENT RECEIVED YOUR IELTS RESULT SO I TOOK DECISION N REFUSE YOUR APPLICATION AS U DONT MEET THE REQUIRED CRITERIA. SAME DAY I SENT MY ORIGINAL RESULT TO VISA OFFICER.

SECOND THING IS THAT I RECIEVED SPEAKING 8, WRITING 5.5, READING 5 AND LISTENING 5 TOTAL POINTS 10 NOW I ASSESS MY POINTS IT SAYS 66. I AM REALLY CONFUSED WHAT TO DO. WILL HE GIVE ME EXRA 1 POINT AS VISA OFFICER HAS ITS OWN DISCRETION ON THE CASE. ANYBODAY HAS EXPERIENCE OF SAME CASE, PLS SHARE IT HERE.
Salaam Hamsafar,

You mentioned that you got 8 in speaking, 5.5 in writing, 5 in reading and 5 in listening. The overall is 10!! It couldn't be right. Please recheck. With what you said the overall can be 6 to 6.5.

I believe you can qualify the second round. Take IELTS again and try to get 7 or above in all areas. Your English sounds good enough to get a high overall score.

movafag bashi!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aghijan said:
You mentioned that you got 8 in speaking, 5.5 in writing, 5 in reading and 5 in listening. The overall is 10!! It couldn't be right. Please recheck. With what you said the overall can be 6 to 6.5.
He means his total points for English are 10. He gets 4 points for speaking and 2 each for the other 3 categories, total 10 points for English.

hamsafar610

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
NEWYORKER, CAN U SHARE? HOW MANY POINTS DID U EXPECTED TO GET ON YOUR APPLICATION AND HOW MANY POINT DID THEY GIVE U, HOW MANY YOU HAVE SHORT TO GET ACCEPTED? THANKS

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
I was short 2 points for my application - the total was 65 and they didn't gave me any consideration, even I showed them that I am student at university and my 2nd degree will be completed in 30 days, but they rejected me on the day the diploma came in the mail.

I had to re-apply and go at the back of the line and used the 2nd Bachelor degree to gain the extra 2 points instead of keep on trying on IELTS scores to improve. Now I have my application in, and they have now requested some tax documents. I guess once I send those, which I already did then next will be Medicals and Police reports (I have to get those from three different countries). I am keeping my fingers crossed hoping for the best and this time I have all points needed to get PR and don't want to get rejected for the 3rd time.

Look, rule is rule - 67 will qualify not 66. They have to draw a line somewhere, if they give you then they have to give it to others and if they give to all 66 then why not changing the immigration rule to 66 points qualification. I am not trying to discourage you but actually encouraging you to sit in a test again instead of waiting for some miracle to happen.

If you already get rejected (as per your post) then you have to re-apply, they will not reconsider to open the file again and reward you with new points based on your new test results.

wilngil

Nov 18, 2008
what tax documents do they ask for??? i'm not being inqusitive.....wondering if they ask all applicants....thanks

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
I am in US, so that's what they asked me;

1. W2's (Notarized Copies)
2. Transcripts Originals
3. Pay-Stubs - Originals, because I didn't want to spend in notary (They didn't asked for this, but someone told me and I sent it anyway)

Hope this help...