+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Single Tourist Visa Application - Kingston, Jamaica Visa Office

CaymanGirl

Apr 29, 2013
Hi everyone!

Anyone here has any experience applying online to the Kingston Visa office? Just wondering what everyone's application time frame is like from submission day to the day you get your passport back?? I live in the Cayman Islands (expat - work permit holder), and the Kingston Visa office takes care of the Caribbean.

I submitted my application today, and travel date is June 15. So I have 46 calendar days from start to finish! Crossing my fingers this will be enough!! I am very nervous, because I normally apply by mail and processing time is around 20 business days (from mailing my application until I get my passport back). Last time my application arrived in Kingston VO by mail on Aug 16, 2011 and the mailed it back on Sept 15 , 2011 (31 calendar days). I am hoping to get quicker respond time, AS advertised! Let me know what your experiences are like? Thank you :)

tessi68

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi for us it has been 15 weeks. It said 20 days or 4 work weeks but if you visit the other website it says 41 days or 8 work weeks (see link below). we are now on week 15 and have had to change the vacation dates inititally it was mid March and good thing the plane tickets were not bought. Timeline is this Applied for TRV Jan 20th week dropped off at Kingston. March 8th got a call that additional info was needed, March 22 dropped off additional information and to this day may 3rd - no word yet :( hope that you don't experience the same I could not post the complete link

CaymanGirl

Apr 29, 2013
Hi tessi,

Sounds like you physically drop off your application to the visa office? I normally apply by mail, and every time it took about 20 business days. Have you emailed them? 15 weeks seem excessively long. They may have your application just sitting somewhere and forgotten!

This is my first time applying online through MyCIC, so I'd like to know if any one has any experience applying online.. and what their timeframe is like.

I didnt know that you can apply for a visitor visa without a purchased airline ticket, I always bought my ticket before applying and attach my flight itinerary, hotel booking and car rental with my application.

CaymanGirl

Apr 29, 2013
Just quick update - I am pleasantly surprised to how much more faster the online visitor visa processing time is compared to the traditional application by mail! Please see below for my timeline.

Submitted Online Application : evening of April 29, 2013. So might as well say it was processed the next day on April 30th.

Received original passport request : May 9th, 2013.

Sent by DHL on May 10th ( Friday), passport arrived at the visa office on May 13th, 2013 (Monday).

Return tracking number activated on May 17th, scheduled to arrive on May 21st ( due to Cayman Islands public holiday).

So in total, processing time is 23 calendar days from the time I submitted my online application, until I receive my passport back with the visa stamped. There was actually 1 Jamaican public holiday, so actually I should deduct that from total processing time, making it only 22 calendar days! This is amazing, compared to 31 calendar days (20 working days) processing time from the traditional application by mail.

One last question guys, does Canada has a 6 months minimum validity requirement for entry? My trip is in June, only for one week, and my passport will be expiring in Nov 2013. Will I have an issue?

I have looked around and it seems like this wont be an issue, but I just want to double check! Thank you!

tessi68

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that is quick and def. online seems to be way. I am sure there are other factors too - have a great trip.

as of today, my BF has heard nothing heard from Kingston. :(