+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online SIN Application

Vicku2814

Jun 9, 2020
Hi All,

I received my COPR yesterday and got to know that I will have to get my SIN, OHIP etc. updated. I was trying to update the SIN online. However, the first field "Application Type" has several values to select from. Among all there is one value "Change of Status". I believe this value should be selected as my status has been changed from temporary resident to permanent resident in Canada. Could someone please confirm if this is correct?

Thank you!

Reactions: Norma55

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I received my COPR yesterday and got to know that I will have to get my SIN, OHIP etc. updated. I was trying to update the SIN online. However, the first field "Application Type" has several values to select from. Among all there is one value "Change of Status". I believe this value should be selected as my status has been changed from temporary resident to permanent resident in Canada. Could someone please confirm if this is correct?

Thank you!
Are you landing permanently and staying in Ontario for over 6 months?

Norma55

Star Member
Oct 11, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-09-2019
Med's Done....
22-08-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
I have been staying in Ontario for more than 6 months on temporary work permit.
Hello @Vicku2814,

Did you apply online for your Permanent Resident SIN? I'm having the exact same doubt, if I should select the "First SIN" or "Change of Status" did you find info about this?

Thanks in advance