+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Physical Presence Calculator and trips before PR

MapleTraveller

Jun 22, 2014
Dear All,

Within 5 years eligibility period, before I arrived to Canada as the PR I lived in my country of origin from where I have traveled to other countries.

1) Should I list these travels in the Online Presence Calculator?
or
2) Should I only list the trips that I took from Canada to other countries after I arrived to Canada as PR?

If the answer #1 is correct then how should I list the trips before arriving to Canada as the PR? The calculator is asking for the "date when I left Canada" and "date when I came back to Canada" but the trips I took before coming to Canada as the PR were not from Canadian territory, so should I fill in the dates when I left my country of origin and when I returned to my country of origin and in between the trips should I also list the dates when I stayed in my country of origin (because all these time I was outside of Canada - either being in my country of origin or traveling outside of my country of origin but all the time being outside of Canada)?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
When you use the calculator, the first question it asks you after you enter your signing date and your PR date is whether or not you were in Canada with any status before the date you became PR.

Based on what you've said above, you were not in Canada, so you won't answer "yes" to the question of being in Canada without status prior to your PR, and as such, you won't be asked to account for time before you were a PR.

Have you tried using the calculator yet?

Reactions: carl321

MapleTraveller

Jun 22, 2014
Yes, I tried using the calculator. It asked me if i was in the Canada with any status before the PR and I answered "no". And then it asks me the question "Did you leave Canada between 2015-07-13 and 2020-07-13?" and I answer "yes". And then it says "Please list all your absences outside Canada between 2015-07-13 and 2020-07-13 and select 'Add Absence'."

The date 2015-07-13 is before I arrived to Canada as PR. So this time when I was outside of Canada before I arrived as PR should be listed too if it falls within last 5 year period?

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I tried using the calculator. It asked me if i was in the Canada with any status before the PR and I answered "no". And then it asks me the question "Did you leave Canada between 2015-07-13 and 2020-07-13?" and I answer "yes". And then it says "Please list all your absences outside Canada between 2015-07-13 and 2020-07-13 and select 'Add Absence'."

The date 2015-07-13 is before I arrived to Canada as PR. So this time when I was outside of Canada before I arrived as PR should be listed too if it falls within last 5 year period?
You have to list down all your absences after becoming PR and assuming you did not had any other visa i.e student, visit etc status prior to becoming PR...