Ottawa 21 january then Amman 20 june
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-dec-2012
AOR Received.
18 january 2013
File Transfer...
21-january-2013 (in process March 7 2013) then sent to Amman office June 20 2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
30-sep-2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
17 July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
31 July 2013
LANDED..........
07 August 2013
Dears,

I'm being sponsored by my wife,the status of the application is still in process since march 7th 2013

I'm planing to apply for a visa vist to Canada ,I'm palestinian syrian ,but now I'm in thailand because of the security situation inside syria ,it's been 4 months in bangkok,
what do u think is better (higher percentage of approving ) to apply online or just fill the papers application and hand them to the embassy here in bangkok ??

onething else,i've heared that i have to be one year in a country to apply for a visa in the canadian embassy of that country is that correct ??

regards

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You don't have to have lived in Thailand for a year, you have to have been legally admitted for at least one year. So your Thai visa must be valid for at least one year.

It makes no difference whether you apply online or through mail.

However, there is little chance of actually being granted a TRV in your situation. CIC almost never gives TRVs to spouses who are currently being sponsored, as they believe there is a high risk of overstaying in Canada with your spouse if your PR app is refused.

There are a few people, very rare, that do get a TRV, so you can try. But don't put all your hopes on it, as there is a far greater chance that you will be refused.