+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLINE never updated.... App rejected...had to contact MP!!! CIC is terrible

Roy.Quiz

Jul 11, 2014
After 62 Days... 10 unanswered emails.... multiple phone calls unanswered and unhelpful... and finally contacting MP

we were informed from our MP only after (2 quick days) that our visa was rejected, NEVER received an email and online CIC account was never updated still says "SUBMITTED"

reason for rejection "low income, no proof offered to CIC of how the funds were received, and that he is not well established in Nicaragua."

such BS the man has a job, family ties and has had a job for over 6 years, 3rd world countries are not setup the same as Canada and they need to take that inconsideration. not ESTABLISHED what the hell seriously. 75% of the Canadian population isn't established. If the USA let him in why not Canada, so dissappointed in the system

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Roy.Quiz said:
After 62 Days... 10 unanswered emails.... multiple phone calls unanswered and unhelpful... and finally contacting MP

we were informed from our MP only after (2 quick days) that our visa was rejected, NEVER received an email and online CIC account was never updated still says "SUBMITTED"

reason for rejection "low income, no proof offered to CIC of how the funds were received, and that he is not well established in Nicaragua."

such BS the man has a job, family ties and has had a job for over 6 years, 3rd world countries are not setup the same as Canada and they need to take that inconsideration. not ESTABLISHED what the hell seriously. 75% of the Canadian population isn't established. If the USA let him in why not Canada, so dissappointed in the system
Low income for applicant or for you? Are you self-employed? What documents did you submit?
How much was his income?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Roy.Quiz said:

What is MP?

Usually CIC reasons are not like that, so I don't know how you got them. Low income is not a problem at all, I am from Mexico and several low-income people fly here each year with a visa.

M

mikeymyke

I don't think they meant he was low income compared to Canada, therefore he is refused. I think they meant he is low income, even compared to his own countrymen, so he likely does not have a good enough job that would deem him to have a strong enough tie to Nicaragua.

VBSB

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
Interview........
Jan 2012
Passport Req..
Sent in Feb 2012.....Decision Made on 16th April 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
13 April 2012
Cic is actually terrible.

Applied for trv on June 5, updated by cic on 22 July while refusal
Letter date is June 9.

It took them 4 days to take decision and 43 days to upload on my cic.

Pathetic service.

Roy.Quiz

Jul 11, 2014
torontob said:
Low income for applicant or for you? Are you self-employed? What documents did you submit?
How much was his income?
He make between 600 and 1000 a month which fo Nicaragua is GREAT! We submitted Employment letter and past employment with all licenses and documentation and also the spread sheet of how he is paid with income rate per month

Jalex23 said:
What is MP?

Usually CIC reasons are not like that, so I don't know how you got them. Low income is not a problem at all, I am from Mexico and several low-income people fly here each year with a visa.
An MP is a Member of Parliament I (his fiance am Canadian so i called my MP and has them look into the matter it took 2 days) after we had been waiting 62 days

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
I thought low income was a problem because they think he won't have enough funds to support himself in Canada without having to work. They always look at that, you basically need to be rich to come to Canada as a visitor. It's stupid, I don't agree with it.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Roy.Quiz said:
He make between 600 and 1000 a month which fo Nicaragua is GREAT! We submitted Employment letter and past employment with all licenses and documentation and also the spread sheet of how he is paid with income rate per month

An MP is a Member of Parliament I (his fiance am Canadian so i called my MP and has them look into the matter it took 2 days) after we had been waiting 62 days
How much did you show in bank account savings?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
lellen said:
I thought low income was a problem because they think he won't have enough funds to support himself in Canada without having to work. They always look at that, you basically need to be rich to come to Canada as a visitor. It's stupid, I don't agree with it.
Absolutely not.

For example the first time I came I was a dependant of a low middle class family, and the second time I was a recent graduate with little more than 2000CAN in my bank account (which I patiently saved during almost 3 years), nothing more. I have helped other people which barely had 1000CAN on savings just a couple of years ago with their TRV, and 10 years were granted.

It all falls into how well you can support your case, state your intentions and how well you understand the process. Canada doesn't discriminate on income.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Jalex23 said:
What is MP?

I've seen CIC saying that "not enough funds" as a reason for Visas being denied.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/mexico-mexique/visas/visit_eligible_visite.aspx

Who is eligible to visit Canada?

These requirements apply to everyone who wishes to visit Canada. To visit Canada, you must:

-Have a valid travel document, such as a passport. Please consult the list of travel documents not acceptable for travel to Canada.
-Be in good health,
-Not be inadmissible,
-Satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit, and
-Have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will need can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives.

Now, this last part: "the amount of money you will need can vary..." means it is up to the immigration officer to say, and sometimes they don't assess this very well, in my opinion (or who knows how they do their job). The "leave Canada at the end of your visit" part is also incredibly subjective, I've seen people get denied on the basis that they haven't satisfied an officer that they would leave Canada at the end FOR NO REASON AT ALL! Who knows how they assess these things, it's so random. And incredibly unfair sometimes I think.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
lellen said:
I've seen CIC saying that "not enough funds" as a reason for Visas being denied.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/mexico-mexique/visas/visit_eligible_visite.aspx

Who is eligible to visit Canada?

These requirements apply to everyone who wishes to visit Canada. To visit Canada, you must:

-Have a valid travel document, such as a passport. Please consult the list of travel documents not acceptable for travel to Canada.
-Be in good health,
-Not be inadmissible,
-Satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit, and
-Have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will need can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives.

Now, this last part: "the amount of money you will need can vary..." means it is up to the immigration officer to say, and sometimes they don't assess this very well, in my opinion (or who knows how they do their job). The "leave Canada at the end of your visit" part is also incredibly subjective, I've seen people get denied on the basis that they haven't satisfied an officer that they would leave Canada at the end FOR NO REASON AT ALL! Who knows how they assess these things, it's so random. And incredibly unfair sometimes I think.
That doesn't mean in any sense you have to be rich. As I stated, I have seen and done myself several TRVs for low income people which showed enough funds for their stay and for fulfilling their intentions. If you comply with this, being poor or rich is out of the equation.