+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online marriage

Jan 4, 2020
dear sir we have online marriage I’m from Pakistan and she is from Canada we are Muslim and islma allow online nikkah please tell me I will go to wife she is in Canada can you help me for this process

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
dear sir we have online marriage I’m from Pakistan and she is from Canada we are Muslim and islma allow online nikkah please tell me I will go to wife she is in Canada can you help me for this process
An online marriage won't be recognized by Canada. You must get married in person in order for Canada to recognize the marriage.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What have marriage certificate Canada government what law please tell me
I don't understand your qeustion.

You must get married in person in order for Canada to recognize the marriage and for your wife to be able to bring you to Canada. Proxy marriages are not recognized by Canada.

Reactions: Choosen

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Canadian law is the husband and wife must be at the wedding ceremony in person. If you got married online, Canada does not consider you as being married. She can’t sponsor you.

Does IRCC recognize marriages conducted by proxy, telephone, internet and fax?
No. We don’t recognize these types of marriages. If one or both parties are not physically present at the ceremony, we won’t recognize the marriage.

Reactions: Choosen

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Tell what is Canada law
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1081&top=14

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/legality.html#notPhysicallyPresent

Marriage where one or both parties are not physically present (e.g. proxy, telephone, fax, Internet)
Proxy, telephone, fax, Internet or similar forms of marriage where one or both parties are not physically present are excluded relationships in all temporary and permanent immigration programs [R5, R117(9)(c.1), or R125(1)(c.1)].

(https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/FullText.html)

Proxy marriage is defined as a marriage in which one or both of the participants are not physically present, but they are represented by another person who attends the solemnization. A telephone, fax or Internet marriage is a marriage in which one or both of the participants are not physically present at the same location, but participate in the solemnization of the marriage by telephone, fax, Internet or other means (e.g. Skype or FaceTime). It is possible that someone other than the persons getting married participates on their behalf as well as over the telephone, by fax, Internet or other means.

Applications received by IRCC before June 11, 2015, from persons married by proxy, telephone, fax or Internet are not subject to this exclusion.

To be considered physically present at a marriage ceremony, both parties (e.g. sponsor and spouse or principal applicant and accompanying spouse) must have participated in a wedding ceremony in person.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1081&top=14

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/legality.html#notPhysicallyPresent

Marriage where one or both parties are not physically present (e.g. proxy, telephone, fax, Internet)
Proxy, telephone, fax, Internet or similar forms of marriage where one or both parties are not physically present are excluded relationships in all temporary and permanent immigration programs [R5, R117(9)(c.1), or R125(1)(c.1)].

(https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/FullText.html)

Proxy marriage is defined as a marriage in which one or both of the participants are not physically present, but they are represented by another person who attends the solemnization. A telephone, fax or Internet marriage is a marriage in which one or both of the participants are not physically present at the same location, but participate in the solemnization of the marriage by telephone, fax, Internet or other means (e.g. Skype or FaceTime). It is possible that someone other than the persons getting married participates on their behalf as well as over the telephone, by fax, Internet or other means.

Applications received by IRCC before June 11, 2015, from persons married by proxy, telephone, fax or Internet are not subject to this exclusion.

To be considered physically present at a marriage ceremony, both parties (e.g. sponsor and spouse or principal applicant and accompanying spouse) must have participated in a wedding ceremony in person.
If we will go hight court marriage from Pakistan and Canada Embassy thore then vaild

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If we will go hight court marriage from Pakistan and Canada Embassy thore then vaild
1) You must be legally married according to the law of the country you are marrying in,
AND
2) You must be married in a way that is acceptable in Canada, under Canadian law.

You don't need to go to a Canadian embassy. You DO need to both be physically at the same marriage ceremony.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/legality.html#marriageIsValid

Marriage must be valid where it took place and under Canadian law
A marriage that took place abroad must be valid both under the laws of the jurisdiction where it took place and under Canadian federal law in order to be considered legal for immigration purposes. A marriage that is legally recognized according to the law of the place where it occurred is usually recognized in Canada, but the onus is on applicants to prove that their marriage is legal.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The Canadian Embassy does not conduct marriages.

For the marriage to be valid, you must both be present in the same place at the same time when the wedding takes place. For example, if you get married in Pakistan, then you must both be present in person at the ceremony in Pakistan. You cannot be in two different countries when the marriage takes place.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
I’m from Pakistan and she is Canada we love each other or she give me atto
If it is possible for her to travel down to pakistan, it'll be better for the marriage to be valid and clear any doubt from immigration. Alternatively, if you can get a visitor visa, then the marriage can be conducted in Canada.