File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My question is how will they know it's an online wedding?
Generally the certificate will show this. If not, they will probably figure this out during background checks.

Luv4all88

Star Member
Oct 21, 2023
Why do you stick to your opinion?
1- No proxy marriage, no online marriage or whatever.
2-You have to be both at the same room signing the documents at the same time.
3-No third party involve due to absence of one party ( proxy).
4-No bigamy or polygamy ( marry another person while still in a previous marriage)

NB: If you think otherwise, your marriage won't be recognized in Canada and subsequently unable to be sponsored.
Is #2 really true? What about Islamic marriages where bride and groom are usually segregated until after nikah(signing of documents) and then you can have photos together?

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Is #2 really true? What about Islamic marriages where bride and groom are usually segregated until after nikah(signing of documents) and then you can have photos together?
Are the Islamic marriages to which you refer conducted online? I doubt it. @scylla and others here have given correct advice. In this I am very sure, since during the pandemic and my wife and I could not be together to get married, we researched the issue to death. Online is simply not accepted for Canadian immigration purposes. Full stop. End of story. If you want to believe otherwise and try it on with the IRCC, go ahead.

Luv4all88

Star Member
Oct 21, 2023
For our marriage, we had simple ceremony at my wife's parent's house, we were both physically present, but I quoted a user who said "You have to be both at the same room signing the documents at the same time." In our case, we were in separate rooms for nikah signing(males and females) as per Islamic traditions, so I just wanted to know if it's going to be a problem for us? Thanks

We do have almost one year old daughter together. Is our application still going to be scrutinized for having a simple ceremony and not having usual big wedding as per culture norms?

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
For our marriage, we had simple ceremony at my wife's parent's house, we were both physically present, but I quoted a user who said "You have to be both at the same room signing the documents at the same time." In our case, we were in separate rooms for nikah signing(males and females) as per Islamic traditions, so I just wanted to know if it's going to be a problem for us? Thanks
I do not know how the ceremony of which you speak is carried out, but I am guessing there is a point at which you are together and some words are spoken pronouncing you husband and wife. If that is the case, I would not worry about the mechanics of document signing. In any event, you were substantially together at the relevant times. Very different, I think, from being online, miles (or countries) apart. I am sure the IRCC has seen its fair share of these things and it's not an issue. It's very different from an online or "proxy" marriage.

Reactions: armoured