+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online knowledge test results not accepted. Anyone else got this?

PDesigns

Nov 11, 2013
I did my online test in early June and passed it with a pretty high mark. I recently got an email saying that they "were unable to accept the test due to technical issues" and inviting me to a Microsoft team meeting to retake it. Has anyone else gotten this? What should I expect?

Another question, they asked me to prepare valid 2 photo IDs with my signature and my PR card. I only have a med insurance card, my expired PR card, and my expired passport. I don't have a driver's license or any other IDs. What can I do? I already emailed them but haven't heard back in 4 days

Cheers

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I did my online test in early June and passed it with a pretty high mark. I recently got an email saying that they "were unable to accept the test due to technical issues" and inviting me to a Microsoft team meeting to retake it. Has anyone else gotten this? What should I expect?

Another question, they asked me to prepare valid 2 photo IDs with my signature and my PR card. I only have a med insurance card, my expired PR card, and my expired passport. I don't have a driver's license or any other IDs. What can I do? I already emailed them but haven't heard back in 4 days

Cheers
Few have faced same technical issues hence test needs to be unnecessarily repeated. just bad luck as system is not fully reliable yet.
So this time the officer will share their question screen and you can verbally tell the answer instead of doing it in online by yourself.

One valid local card should be enough for them. Will see.

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
Did they ask for 2 IDs including PR card? Normally an expired PR card should still count...you can even use it for the test in round 1. I guess it’s best to wait for their answer but just prepare everything you have!

It sucks that they asked you to retake the test though. Did you see the test status change to Complete?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Cheers
Yup, there are at least a couple of cases where this has happened.

This could happen (mostly) because of the following reasons :

1. Your ID/Photo is very blurred and not clear
2. There was an issue with your webcam during the test and as a result, IRCC official wasn't able to see any images taken during the test

The re-test will happen over MS-Teams. The officer will show you a PowerPoint slide with questions and you'll have to answer the questions orally. The same number of questions and the same time limit applies.

anonymous12

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Cheers
Hello I am scheduled for the interview and the online test again! And they are asking for the same documents as you! Could you please advice how did your interview and test go? What sort if questions she asked in an interview? My agents name who will be interviewing me is Lorenza!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello I am scheduled for the interview and the online test again! And they are asking for the same documents as you! Could you please advice how did your interview and test go? What sort if questions she asked in an interview? My agents name who will be interviewing me is Lorenza!
I think what you are trying to describe looks like a re-test (and not an interview). However, keep in mind that the officer might decide to conduct your test and interview together (might be a new practice). If they conduct an interview, you'll be expected to show your ID and all the pages of your passport. However, it is important to have the originals of ALL the documents you submitted with your citizenship application ready just in case the officer requests for it.

The officer will conduct your test again, orally. The officer will show you a PowerPoint slide with the questions and you'll have to provide answers orally. The same number of questions and the same time limit apply.

Reactions: anonymous12

anonymous12

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think what you are trying to describe looks like a re-test (and not an interview). However, keep in mind that the officer might decide to conduct your test and interview together (might be a new practice). If they conduct an interview, you'll be expected to show your ID and all the pages of your passport. However, it is important to have the originals of ALL the documents you submitted with your citizenship application ready just in case the officer requests for it.

The officer will conduct your test again, orally. The officer will show you a PowerPoint slide with the questions and you'll have to provide answers orally. The same number of questions and the same time limit apply.
Thank you for the clarification! In the email it says retest and the interview …. interview will be after the completion of the test same day!!! This test will be considered as first attempt..

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

PDesigns

Nov 11, 2013
Thank you for the clarification! In the email it says retest and the interview …. interview will be after the completion of the test same day!!! This test will be considered as first attempt..
Yeah, rajkamalmohanram is correct. It wasn't much of an interview, they asked to confirm a couple of details, to show the pieces of ID they requested. I only had a med card and an expired PR card. It wasn't an issue. the test part was like a powerpoint presentation with the questions, You tell the agent your answers. You can always go back and revise previous answers. The questions were different but similar to the ones I answered the first time. You get your results right away.

rabarbar

Apr 10, 2014
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-10-2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
visa exempt- decision made 16-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
25-04-2015
I have similar situation. prepare PR card and health card. And passport if you have one as well. MS team test is not that bad. The best thing is agent is a human and whatever he or he needs it will asked you. I have ready driving licences and expired PR card and then agent asked me for my health card. I told her I have it but in my purse in different room so I have to go and grab it. You will have as well all results already after test. No stress, I think this test was even better than regular. Good luck

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I have similar situation. prepare PR card and health card. And passport if you have one as well. MS team test is not that bad. The best thing is agent is a human and whatever he or he needs it will asked you. I have ready driving licences and expired PR card and then agent asked me for my health card. I told her I have it but in my purse in different room so I have to go and grab it. You will have as well all results already after test. No stress, I think this test was even better than regular. Good luck
Are they asking for the IDs that were included in the application or they wanted to recent ID from the current province?

rabarbar

Apr 10, 2014
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-10-2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
25-04-2015
any government ID they just have to confirm that’s you( passport driving licence health card Pr card)

Reactions: harirajmohan

rabarbar

Apr 10, 2014
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-10-2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
25-04-2015
First one non official results I had 18/20 with Ms team 20/20 less stressful for me question were easy but really you have to read a book twice at least

anonymous12

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First one non official results I had 18/20 with Ms team 20/20 less stressful for me question were easy but really you have to read a book twice at least
Did my online oral test with an officer, got 20/20. She said that i should wait for an oath invite now which can take months!! I checked my online status, still shows processing expect background check which is completed!! Did my online test on July 23rd. Did you hear back from them yet? Or has ur status changed to completed?