+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online June applicants

Saratkum

Jul 7, 2018
I’m also on a depandent settlement visa. Having UK/USA visa does help for showing Travel History to VO. However, it does not play a big role in decision making, I believe. I have seen people with several visa to US, UK & Schengen getting refused on other grounds. Lets hope for the best and see if any update comes next week. Please update on this thread about any update and IRCC webform reply.
Hi just an update, I got a response Vida email that I sent to the London office last night (none from the IRCC web form enquiry yet). Just basically said that the online time processing thing is only based on 80% of applications!!! And that our application is under "active process", whatevrer that means.. any progress from your end ?

indy1001

Jul 20, 2018
Hi just an update, I got a response Vida email that I sent to the London office last night (none from the IRCC web form enquiry yet). Just basically said that the online time processing thing is only based on 80% of applications!!! And that our application is under "active process", whatevrer that means.. any progress from your end ?
Still waiting.. the eligibilty review hasn’t even started yet. The current processing time is 30 days. Lets see if they process any applications this week. Thanks for posting updates.

natl

Jul 24, 2018
Hi I have submitted an online application on 22nd June. Haven't heard anything from them since. Travelling on 3rd Aug!

Sent them an email and got the same reply about 80% of applications get done within the estimate processing time which currently is at 30 days. Using that maths 100% should be done within 36 days?! I guess I will give it 4 more days...

Just some background I'm a UK permanent resident with valid 10 year US visa and a few others

Reactions: Saratkum

indy1001

Jul 20, 2018
Hi I have submitted an online application on 22nd June. Haven't heard anything from them since. Travelling on 3rd Aug!

Sent them an email and got the same reply about 80% of applications get done within the estimate processing time which currently is at 30 days. Using that maths 100% should be done within 36 days?! I guess I will give it 4 more days...

Just some background I'm a UK permanent resident with valid 10 year US visa and a few others
Have the checked the online status. Is you review of eligibilty started?

natl

Jul 24, 2018
15th of August. I don't think I'll be able to make it.
You applied 8 days after me but travelling 12 days later... hopefully we both make it...

What was the estimated time when you applied? On the 22nd it was 22 days. Then 27, 28 and now 30!

Saratkum

Jul 7, 2018

Hey gathering from people's posts on here its likely that they consider travel dates when processing applications so fingers crossed they do yours this week. Its very strange that even with the US visa its taking this long!! Good luck, keep us posted..

Reactions: natl

Saratkum

Jul 7, 2018
You applied 8 days after me but travelling 12 days later... hopefully we both make it...

What was the estimated time when you applied? On the 22nd it was 22 days. Then 27, 28 and now 30!
I was just told today on the email that's currently a two week wait, which is highly inaccurate..

indy1001

Jul 20, 2018

It was 27 days when I applied.
I was hoping for CAN+ as I already have US 10 year visitor visa. However this CAN+ scheme now seems to be just waste of time. I also hold valid France multiple visa for two years plus expired tourist visa from Germany & Sweden.

natl

Jul 24, 2018
It was 27 days when I applied.
I was hoping for CAN+ as I already have US 10 year visitor visa. However this CAN+ scheme now seems to be just waste of time. I also hold valid France multiple visa for two years plus expired tourist visa from Germany & Sweden.
I don’t think they know what visa we have until they start the process as they were all attachments right?

I’m married to a French American citizen. Been in the UK for 13 years. I have Australian visa, US, Irish, at least 5 expired Swiss, French, Spanish schengen visa.

Thinking of going to Canada House on Thursday or Friday.

indy1001

Jul 20, 2018
I don’t think they know what visa we have until they start the process as they were all attachments right?

I’m married to a French American citizen. Been in the UK for 13 years. I have Australian visa, US, Irish, at least 5 expired Swiss, French, Spanish schengen visa.

Thinking of going to Canada House on Thursday or Friday.
I think you are right. It does make sense about visas being checked after they open the file.
I’m not sure whether they let visa applicants to enter Canada House. But you can try and see how it goes. Please let us know about your visit as it might also help other applicants like me.

Sharwalt

Jul 25, 2018
Hello everyone, i applied on the 12th of May. only my biometrics says complete...i have sent a case webform and was told less than a week ago that my application is under active review...what ever that means.
p.s my eligibility review has not even started yet :(

natl

Jul 24, 2018
Hello everyone, i applied on the 12th of May. only my biometrics says complete...i have sent a case webform and was told less than a week ago that my application is under active review...what ever that means.
p.s my eligibility review has not even started yet :(
Where did you apply from and when is your travelling date?