+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Interview while out of Canada

Coollime

Oct 29, 2016
Hello everyone. I have received an invitation for an online citizenship interview, but I am out of Canada on vacation at the moment. The invitation does not mention that I have to be in Canada for the interview. I have read some posts where people said they were allowed to take the interview out of Canada and others said they were not allowed. I don’t understand how that is possible. Does it depend on the processing office? I have submitted my application from Mississauga, ON, and i have been waiting for 2.5 years, I really don’t want my interview to be postponed. Please share your experiences/opinions, do I email them and ask or do I just show up to the interview? Would they turn me down when they realize I am not in Canada?
TIA

Reactions: Dreamlad

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hello everyone. I have received an invitation for an online citizenship interview, but I am out of Canada on vacation at the moment. The invitation does not mention that I have to be in Canada for the interview. I have read some posts where people said they were allowed to take the interview out of Canada and others said they were not allowed. I don’t understand how that is possible. Does it depend on the processing office? I have submitted my application from Mississauga, ON, and i have been waiting for 2.5 years, I really don’t want my interview to be postponed. Please share your experiences/opinions, do I email them and ask or do I just show up to the interview? Would they turn me down when they realize I am not in Canada?
TIA
You can attend interview outside Canada. Just email them telling them you wanna take it outside.

Coollime

Oct 29, 2016
You can attend interview outside Canada. Just email them telling them you wanna take it outside.
I believe you did so yourself right? Did your invitation mention that you need to inform them if you are not in Canada? Did you get DM soon afterwards?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I believe you did so yourself right? Did your invitation mention that you need to inform them if you are not in Canada? Did you get DM soon afterwards?
yes
yes
no

elliek999

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
TIA
[/QUOTE
]Hi, did you manage to arrange your interview online? Does everyone get asked to go for an interview before decision made I wonder? How much notice did they give for your interview date? Be good to know these things as plan to visit my son abroad next month.