+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online interview & online oath abroad?

MapleTraveller

Jun 22, 2014
Hi,

I know that for sure you have to be in Canada to take the online citizenship test. But how about the online interview and online oath ceremony? Are we required to be in Canada as well or the online interview and online oath ceremony can be done while being in other country than Canada?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

I know that for sure you have to be in Canada to take the online citizenship test. But how about the online interview and online oath ceremony? Are we required to be in Canada as well or the online interview and online oath ceremony can be done while being in other country than Canada?
You MUST be physically present in Canada for the test, interview and oath. No exceptions.

Kamilaapplebum

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
Hi,

They recently changed the rule for online test so maybe write them to ask if it has changed for oath also?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
They recently changed the rule for online test so maybe write them to ask if it has changed for oath also?
No harm in asking but it is extremely unlikely they will ever let anyone take oath outside Canada for reasons I mentioned here. It will remain unlikely unless Citizenship certificates are made purely digital (no paper certificate issued) which I think might take a while and unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future.

But IRCC has surprises up its sleeve. We never know.

Reactions: bellaluna

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
What are the changes? I do not see an announcement on the CIC website. I am concerned with my citizenship application right now due to the need for me to go home for 2 years instead of 1 year as the immigration with my parents' home country amended recently.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
What are the changes? I do not see an announcement on the CIC website. I am concerned with my citizenship application right now due to the need for me to go home for 2 years instead of 1 year as the immigration with my parents' home country amended recently.
Its not in website yet. you can call cic and confirm that if they started allowing to attend the test from outside the country.
Few have already attended from outside after getting permission from their local processing office.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
If you receive a test invitation and you are outside the country, send an email to email ID listed in the "Rescheduling section" of your test invite and request them to permit you to take the test outside Canada. Several applicants have done the same and they have successfully taken the test abroad.

kris00

Sep 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-July-2014
Nomination.....
29-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
18-Dec-2014
Med's Request
30-Dec-2014
Med's Done....
17-Jan-2015
Passport Req..
13-Mar-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
20-Jun2015
My family has been awaiting the oath for some time from Scarborough center and the online system is showing that the oath is scheduled for 12th July. However, we have never received any oath email and upon calling the call center they told us that there is a technical glitch and I have approached the person who has my wife after the test and has also submitted the web form, but still no response. What should I do?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My family has been awaiting the oath for some time from Scarborough center and the online system is showing that the oath is scheduled for 12th July. However, we have never received any oath email and upon calling the call center they told us that there is a technical glitch and I have approached the person who has my wife after the test and has also submitted the web form, but still no response. What should I do?
Hmmm, this is cutting too close. You should have certainly received your oath by now.

Contact IRCC at 8 AM local time and request them to urgently look into it. May be the email was sent but not got lost somewhere in between. The staff might be able to flag it to the local office and they might be able to send the email again.

kris00

Sep 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-July-2014
Nomination.....
29-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
18-Dec-2014
Med's Request
30-Dec-2014
Med's Done....
17-Jan-2015
Passport Req..
13-Mar-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
20-Jun2015
Hmmm, this is cutting too close. You should have certainly received your oath by now.

Contact IRCC at 8 AM local time and request them to urgently look into it. May be the email was sent but not got lost somewhere in between. The staff might be able to flag it to the local office and they might be able to send the email again.
Today the call to call center is dropping off, me and my wife tried 5 times each.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Today the call to call center is dropping off, me and my wife tried 5 times each.
That sucks. I'd suggest that you keep trying. Also, send a webform with the first two words of the request being EXTREMELY URGENT and then explain your predicament and request them to flag the office to let them know you haven't received your oath invitation yet.

kris00

Sep 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-July-2014
Nomination.....
29-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
18-Dec-2014
Med's Request
30-Dec-2014
Med's Done....
17-Jan-2015
Passport Req..
13-Mar-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
20-Jun2015
That sucks. I'd suggest that you keep trying. Also, send a webform with the first two words of the request being EXTREMELY URGENT and then explain your predicament and request them to flag the office to let them know you haven't received your oath invitation yet.
It worked, just got the email. it was so close, just a day before the weekend. Thank you for your suggestions.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram