+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLINE family sponsorship is confusing...please help

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
Hi

I have intiated application to sponsor my 3 dependent children, and found out that it is mandatory now to apply online, in the page where u select the IMM form, some u have to fill it online,(web forms) like the generic form imm0008 and others u need to download the form ,fill,then upload it.

my problem is , if u fill the form onlind of upload, u can only do it for one child, how to add the other 2 children, or do i have to start a new application and fill it seperately, so i will end up with 3 applications..!!

please help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

I have intiated application to sponsor my 3 dependent children, and found out that it is mandatory now to apply online, in the page where u select the IMM form, some u have to fill it online,(web forms) like the generic form imm0008 and others u need to download the form ,fill,then upload it.

my problem is , if u fill the form onlind of upload, u can only do it for one child, how to add the other 2 children, or do i have to start a new application and fill it seperately, so i will end up with 3 applications..!!

please help
To the best of my knowledge, this has to be three separate applications. It would have been the same if you had previously applied paper-based.

Your children aren't dependents of each others and so cannot be included in one single application.

The only way you'd be able to include them all in one application would be if (for example) you were sponsoring a spouse or common law partner for PR and the three children were included as dependents of that primary applicant.

Reactions: Yorker13

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
To the best of my knowledge, this has to be three separate applications. It would have been the same if you had previously applied paper-based.

Your children aren't dependents of each others and so cannot be included in one single application.

The only way you'd be able to include them all in one application would be if (for example) you were sponsoring a spouse or common law partner for PR and the three children were included as dependents of that primary applicant.
Thanks for your quick reply,

i guess ,i will do that, create seperate application for each child.

i came across another problem, i ulpoaded the application to sponsor, as this form,cant be filled online, u have to download the form, then fill it, but do we have to validate it, i tried both validated and without validation, it keep giving me a technician error, without any reference number to look it up, i also followed the labeling convention mentioned on the web portal

"There was a technical error when handling your request. Please try again later."

Reactions: Randyv

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your quick reply,

i guess ,i will do that, create seperate application for each child.

i came across another problem, i ulpoaded the application to sponsor, as this form,cant be filled online, u have to download the form, then fill it, but do we have to validate it, i tried both validated and without validation, it keep giving me a technician error, without any reference number to look it up, i also followed the labeling convention mentioned on the web portal

"There was a technical error when handling your request. Please try again later."
I can't comment on that.

Reactions: Yorker13

Randyv

Nov 26, 2012
Hello, i have a question regarding applying online to sponsor kids. Is the sponsor will complete the form for the sponsor and principal applicant form and the sponsor also the one that will send the application to cic. Its little bit confusing when they changed the way how to sponsor someone. thank you