+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Citizenship Tests & Ceremonies is the only way ahead !

Apr 8, 2020
Have been reading all the recent threads and my suggestions are as follows:-

Citizenship & IRCC processes must be changed to online asap.

Restarting in-person tests, interviews or citizenship ceremonies is a risk to the health & lives of the attendees & wider community.
If in-person meetings are mandated, all attendees leave their homes, travel to the IRCC office and gather with non-family members at some IRCC location
There is risk of Covid-19 infection due to this.

The Covid-19 situation will not end soon - no government can put timelines on life getting back to normal, until a vaccine is developed and is available world-wide. Till then the current virus situation will continue to exist.

Some news links and queries :-

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6713550/virus-drives-citizenship-ceremonies-online/

(If Australia can implement this, why can't Canada?

Are IRCC's systems not equal to or better than Australian Immigration system)

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/feds-fast-track-citizenship-for-researcher-exploring-covid-19-supply-chain-1.4886421

(Canada has shown that an online process is available.

But why limit this to one individual?

Are other citizenship applicants not important for Canada?)

Give your feedback to IRCC. (I and several others have sent our feedback).

The more people communicate about this, the faster some decision for online implementation will take place

Citizenship is important to all - but not at the cost of our health & lives due to mandated in-person meetings during the Covid-19 risks

Online IRCC processes, Citizenship Tests & Ceremonies is the only way ahead !

Some contacts as follows:

Twitter : @JustinTrudeau @marcomendicino @cafreeland @GGJuliePayette @CBCNews @globeandmail @nationalpost

Reactions: Tess90

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Have been reading all the recent threads and my suggestions are as follows:-

Citizenship & IRCC processes must be changed to online asap.

Restarting in-person tests, interviews or citizenship ceremonies is a risk to the health & lives of the attendees & wider community.
If in-person meetings are mandated, all attendees leave their homes, travel to the IRCC office and gather with non-family members at some IRCC location
There is risk of Covid-19 infection due to this.

The Covid-19 situation will not end soon - no government can put timelines on life getting back to normal, until a vaccine is developed and is available world-wide. Till then the current virus situation will continue to exist.

Some news links and queries :-

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6713550/virus-drives-citizenship-ceremonies-online/

(If Australia can implement this, why can't Canada?

Are IRCC's systems not equal to or better than Australian Immigration system)

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/feds-fast-track-citizenship-for-researcher-exploring-covid-19-supply-chain-1.4886421

(Canada has shown that an online process is available.

But why limit this to one individual?

Are other citizenship applicants not important for Canada?)

Give your feedback to IRCC. (I and several others have sent our feedback).

The more people communicate about this, the faster some decision for online implementation will take place

Citizenship is important to all - but not at the cost of our health & lives due to mandated in-person meetings during the Covid-19 risks

Online IRCC processes, Citizenship Tests & Ceremonies is the only way ahead !

Some contacts as follows:

Twitter : @JustinTrudeau @marcomendicino @cafreeland @GGJuliePayette @CBCNews @globeandmail @nationalpost
1. It is a little easier for Australia and New Zealand, note that both are islands and they record all entry and exits. A bit different than Canada.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi

1. It is a little easier for Australia and New Zealand, note that both are islands and they record all entry and exits. A bit different than Canada.
What does recording entry and exits (Canada definitely records all entries) have to do with a virtual citizenship ceremony?

jabrillo

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Winnipeg MB
I understand why some citizenship applicants are impatient and desperate to become citizens. But the government is focused now in ending the COVID-19 pandemic. They need to maximize human and financial resources to help everyone affected by this crisis.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

What does recording entry and exits (Canada definitely records all entries) have to do with a virtual citizenship ceremony?

1. Makes it extremely easy to determine if the residency requirement is met. Canada doesn't record all entries, read the PR forum about making into Canada through the US border when you don't meet PR residency obligations.

elwaver

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Hi

1. Makes it extremely easy to determine if the residency requirement is met. Canada doesn't record all entries, read the PR forum about making into Canada through the US border when you don't meet PR residency obligations.
You missed his point...

Marooned2

Star Member
May 18, 2017
We are extremely unlucky, with the crash of Canada economy I feel like they can afford to support new citizens for few years :/ . Unemployed numbers are through the roof. There are no jobs here for a while. I really hope I'm wrong and Canada and economy can bounce back tomorrow. Its like a company, without extra money they can't hire.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We are extremely unlucky, with the crash of Canada economy I don't think they can afford to support new citizens for few years. Unemployed numbers are through the roof. There are no jobs here for a while. I really hope I'm wrong and Canada and economy can bounce back tomorrow. Its like a company, without extra money they can't hire.
There is no difference between supporting Canadian permanent residents and supporting Canadian citizens.