+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

westwood123

Dec 22, 2021
Hi folks,
Just wondering, before I completed the test my wife came and spoke to me from the door , I did respond but did not turn away from laptop screen. since its been told there is no video and recording. I should be ok right ?

Also when they ask allow for webcam to be accessed its only webcam rt ? I was reading out question to myself , since no recording/video
Please Can any one let me know , if u have across this situation ?

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
Hi all, I have a question.

I took the citizenship test online 3-4 weeks ago and I passed. I always check the website to see the update on my application but they still didn't change anything.

I took my test with a PC and external webcam.
I took a picture of myself and the PR card and submitted them and completed the exam. I didn't see myself during the exam.
Now , i'm reading comments that people said they saw themselves in the corner of the screen during the test. I did not see myself. Did anybody else have this issue. Some are saying the software they made for the test only works well with laptops or built in cameras only , but I used my PC with external logitech webcam, since the camera is much clearer and better quality.

If there is a problem with the test recognizing PC USB cameras, they should make applicants aware of this, as now that I have read these things in this forum, I am very stressed about this. I already waited 1.5 years to get the invite for online test because the in person were cancelled due to covid. This is very stressful. I saw one post on here where somebody said with PC it's 50/50 coin flip if their software recognizes your camera. Wouldn't they be aware of an issue this big ? I checked my chrome settings and all settings were set to "allow". No issues on my end.

Before the test, I clicked accept to everything and gave access to my camera. I did not receive any pop up or notifications during my test which said anything , or else I would have fixed anything that needed to be fixed right away. They should give some kind of pop-up or notification, How was I supposed to know that I should see myself in the corner of the screen. The test instructions did not mention this.

Now it's been 30 days and from what I've read here, It looks like I will get a retest email , so unfortunate. Has anyone else had this problem, or will it be a guarantee re-test situation ?

Reactions: thegreat0001

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
Dear All,
Forgot the ID Card while taking the test (Very idiotic of me !!)

Instead of showing the ID card, I took the photo of myself absent mindedly.
I have taken the test and passed it . after two hours, I just realized this mistake and not sure what to do about this.

So I have replied to the email explaining the mistake and requested them to consider my Driving License (I attached the file to the email)

Please suggest the options to correct this situation.
My 2nd daughter did the same as you she took photo of herself instead of ID and she also passed the test. Our test on the tracker are all complete except her. anybody has the same situation and got another test invitation.

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
Dear All,
Forgot the ID Card while taking the test (Very idiotic of me !!)

Instead of showing the ID card, I took the photo of myself absent mindedly.
I have taken the test and passed it . after two hours, I just realized this mistake and not sure what to do about this.

So I have replied to the email explaining the mistake and requested them to consider my Driving License (I attached the file to the email)

Please suggest the options to correct this situation.
Hi ! what email add that you used to send your ID attachment. Thanks.

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
hey guys, I took the online test today and passed.
However, I made one mistake and I forgot to take picture of my photo ID and instead took mine (silly me).
1. I think my test results will be invalidated. Is that correct?
2. If so, then what are the next steps? Will IRCC contact me or do I need to contact them?
3. Any idea how long it takes to get the test invite again if the results are invalidated?

Thanks a bunch in advance!!

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
However, I made one mistake and I forgot to take picture of my photo ID and instead took mine (silly me).
2. If so, then what are the next steps? Will IRCC contact me or do I need to contact them?
3. Any idea how long it takes to get the test invite again if the results are invalidated?

Anyone has any idea? Can someone guide please?

dynisious007

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019

Yea most probably you have to do the test again.
Ircc will contact you within 45 to 60 days to redo the test again. It's a waiting game at this point.

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Hey anyone got invitation from Niagara falls (NGF) e-apps? How long does it take to update test status after completion?

westwood123

Dec 22, 2021
Hi ,

I gave my test on 22nd and my wife on 26th , her status of the test says completed , whereas mine doesn’t say. Since I gave much earlier and was expecting to be updated . Have anyone experienced something like this who gave later with status updated and not for the earlier ones. Please let me know.

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
Hi ,

I gave my test on 22nd and my wife on 26th , her status of the test says completed , whereas mine doesn’t say. Since I gave much earlier and was expecting to be updated . Have anyone experienced something like this who gave later with status updated and not for the earlier ones. Please let me know.
Are both of you from processing centers NGF or MTL? What i see is that MTL completes the test faster than Niagara..

westwood123

Dec 22, 2021
Are both of you from processing centers NGF or MTL? What i see is that MTL completes the test faster than Niagara..
It’s ottawa , I am not sure why is the delay in mine. Just wondering photo in application/Pr is without beard and on the test day I had beard . Not sure if they do a double check of identity. Anyways I need to wait for it .

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Hello

Today(31 dec) I saw my tracker with new update on test window between 07 Jan to 27 Jan.

I haven't got any email yet. When should I expect email ?

What if I don't get any email about test ?

westwood123

Dec 22, 2021
Hello

Today(31 dec) I saw my tracker with new update on test window between 07 Jan to 27 Jan.

I haven't got any email yet. When should I expect email ?

What if I don't get any email about test ?
You will get an email . Probably by Monday or Tuesday . If you won’t get also I believe u can try putting ur application number and uci in that test window . It should detect whether u r eligible to take or not.

Reactions: shmak2016