+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

minijoo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Greater Vancouver Area
I received my Cizitenship Ceremony invite today! I updated the spreadsheet
I have a question for you if you don’t mind. Since your ceremony is today, would you mind sharing any details regarding a citizenship certificate? The website says you should receive it at the ceremony which i think they are referring to in-person ceremonies, but i have come across posts that some are still waiting for theirs for months.

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
I worked on a financing deal for a company that uses software to identify suspicious activity from live video feeds, and flags it real-time to humans. The Stockholm transit authority used it on to sharply reduce graffiti / defacing on their streetcars, and Home Depot used it to reduce theft in their stores. This was 15 years back, and I'm sure that this technology is now drastically improved. That's the kind of innovative thinking we need from IRCC.

Well, honestly, checking the complete video footage of each and every applicant might prove to be impractical. If the said bottleneck is to be reduced, I suppose IRCC might have to resort to random checks to ensure program integrity but at the same time, that will reduce the delay significantly. Another thing would be to check the video footage for all applicants at random periods for the aforementioned reason instead of sitting and watching the entire thing.

Not sure if they will consider either of those options but just putting it out there.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

i-sore

Jun 13, 2017
I worked on a financing deal for a company that uses software to identify suspicious activity from live video feeds, and flags it real-time to humans. The Stockholm transit authority used it on to sharply reduce graffiti / defacing on their streetcars, and Home Depot used it to reduce theft in their stores. This was 15 years back, and I'm sure that this technology is now drastically improved. That's the kind of innovative thinking we need from IRCC.
Yep ...it does not have to be that sophisticated.
Can be as simple as a system that just monitors movement ,and as soon as the test is done it breaks it down to a score

Leaving. the assessment officer with an option to check only those whose test showed inconsistencies and checking the recorded clip to see whay there were moving .

I’m sure that’s how “Smart Serve “ ans other online tests are done .

We are in 2021 , monition detection sensing software is 90 ‘s technology

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
The IRCC does not employ innovative thinkers, they employ people that live by the motto, "but we've always done things this way."

katsu

Sep 9, 2011
Hi,

June 2019 - my partner and I submitted citizenship application in same envelope but different folders.

Feb 2020 - exam scheduled

April 2020 - rescheduled because of an emergency, eventually got cancelled because of covid

Dec 2020 - my partner was invited to take online exam

I did not receive any invite. We applied at the same time but at that time not yet common-law partners. Just recently in October 2020 we updated our status to common law.

Anyone who has the same issue? How long was the wait before invite was received after your partner took the exam?

Thank you.

freediagram

Star Member
May 24, 2016
I'm an APRIL 2019 applicant! Never received a test invite. My circumstances are such that I will need my citizenship before Aug 2021 due to work etc. I never thought it would come to a point that I'd doubt I'd have it by then :(

Last edited:

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Oh dang! Mine is Surrey. I would think Vancouver may be slower with more applicants. I guess i am wrong.
My VO is Vancouver. I'm a July 2019 applicant and still waiting for an online test invite. I spoke to IRCC the other day, and the agent actually told me that, based on the submission date of my application, I'm in middle of the pack of applicants as ther
I'm an APRIL 2019 applicant! Never received a test invite. My circumstances are such that I will need my citizenship before Aug 2021 due to work etc. I never thought it would come to a point that I'd doubt I'd have it by then :(
Do you mean that you've never received an online test invite? I'm a July 2019 applicant and I haven't received an invitation to take an online test too. IRCC are apparently working on some applications from 2018.

RifHero

Mar 28, 2019
Hi,

June 2019 - my partner and I submitted citizenship application in same envelope but different folders.

Feb 2020 - exam scheduled

April 2020 - rescheduled because of an emergency, eventually got cancelled because of covid

Dec 2020 - my partner was invited to take online exam

I did not receive any invite. We applied at the same time but at that time not yet common-law partners. Just recently in October 2020 we updated our status to common law.

Anyone who has the same issue? How long was the wait before invite was received after your partner took the exam?

Thank you.
Same here, received invite in Dec, my wife still waiting - what is the status of your partner’s application in eCas, did it move to Decision Made or still In Process ?

Reactions: itwillbegood

stevenliang

Mar 19, 2019
If personally desired, can we ask to wait to attend the physical oath ceremony? Is this an option from the oath invite letter?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
If personally desired, can we ask to wait to attend the physical oath ceremony? Is this an option from the oath invite letter?
yes, I am really disappointed for this as I was really looking forward to this - becoming a Canadian with a roomful of people and then celebrating with family and friends. That said, I doubt they will have any in person ceremonies this year and I am not waiting another full year to become a Canadian. :/ Although, I'm sure if you were willing to wait for that it's a possibility. Just know, that you may be waiting until well into 2022.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Do you think that the new COVID 19 restrictions in Ontario would stop the online test invitations in the province?
Thanks,