+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

misterkim044

Jan 8, 2021
What is the status of your application in eCas ?
its been in process for quite some time, and still in process. I've done 2 finger prints, the test and none of that shows online, the other 2 updates have been the finger print requests, which just show as "We've sent you correspondence" updates. No updates outlining that I was sent test etc. When I call, they can see that I have done all that, so that may just not be updating online for me.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
It looks like that 5000 batch is done, and we are back into being in the dark about our future.
Why do you say that? People have been posting about receiving invites everyday and that’s just on this forum which in no way represents the majority of applicants. As more take the test and go through the process, bugs are flagged, problems solved, and the process continues. There has been no statement of suspension of the online test.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Why do you say that? People have been posting about receiving invites everyday and that’s just on this forum which in no way represents the majority of applicants. As more take the test and go through the process, bugs are flagged, problems solved, and the process continues. There has been no statement of suspension of the online test.
We have always been short of public "statements" - that's a substantial part of why people were protesting. In my understanding, the online test was just a pilot limited in the confines of a 5000 batch, and since the New Year I have not seen any report on test invites. That's why I am starting to suppose that that might be complete and we are back in limbo. I do hope I am wrong though.

Reactions: his*marty

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
We have always been short of public "statements" - that's a substantial part of why people were protesting. In my understanding, the online test was just a pilot limited in the confines of a 5000 batch, and since the New Year I have not seen any report on test invites. That's why I am starting to suppose that that might be complete and we are back in limbo. I do hope I am wrong though.
It seems like once the IRCC releases a statement, unless something changes, they don’t say much. It’s only been a little more than a month for online testing so it’s too early for an update. As I said above people have been posting that they have received test invites. So, nothing has changed and invites are still going out, thus no statement from IRCC. Personally, I’m not expecting one until February at the earliest.
Don’t lose hope yet, it looks like things are still moving and there haven’t been any reports of major issues. Hopefully, you’ll hear something soon!

itwillbegood

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 Jun 2009
Doc's Request.
14 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
7 Mar 2012
File Transfer...
30 Jun 2010
Med's Request
16 May 2012
Med's Done....
8 June 2012
Passport Req..
4 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
8 Nov 2012
LANDED..........
2 Jan 2013
Just an update for me. My status changed this morning to “Decision Made.” No email about oath date and never received an email asking for extra documents.

So, I will hopefully get an email saying my application has been approved and a date to take my oath.
Congrats!
Which date was your online test?

itwillbegood

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 Jun 2009
Doc's Request.
14 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
7 Mar 2012
File Transfer...
30 Jun 2010
Med's Request
16 May 2012
Med's Done....
8 June 2012
Passport Req..
4 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
8 Nov 2012
LANDED..........
2 Jan 2013
It looks like that 5000 batch is done, and we are back into being in the dark about our future.
Stay positive. That's the secret of a successful life!
A lot of positive development has been happening, esp since mid-December. In fact, lately, IRCC is working faster than most expectations. So stay positive and good will happen to you.

Reactions: ivand

calgary1991

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Hello, I sent my application at the beginning of March 2020 and got my AOR at the end of August 2020 and in process now. Should I start studying for the test or will I probably wait for like a year, what do you guys think?

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
It seems like once the IRCC releases a statement, unless something changes, they don’t say much. It’s only been a little more than a month for online testing so it’s too early for an update. As I said above people have been posting that they have received test invites. So, nothing has changed and invites are still going out, thus no statement from IRCC. Personally, I’m not expecting one until February at the earliest.
Don’t lose hope yet, it looks like things are still moving and there haven’t been any reports of major issues. Hopefully, you’ll hear something soon!
So you think they will seamlessly roll out regular online tests after the 5000 pilot? Or you just believe you should be part of the 5000?

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
So you think they will seamlessly roll out regular online tests after the 5000 pilot? Or you just believe you should be part of the 5000?
I believe that they will rollout at a faster rate after the 5000 is hit if there were not major issues with their pipeline.

Having agents manually checking test footage is probably one of the major bottlenecking issues they are most likely trying to sort out which would be a big reason to only continue at a slow pace. If this turns out not to be much of a problem than I think they’ll increase the number of invites.

As for me, I’ve already been invited and have taken the online test. I’m a July 2019 applicant who had a test date that was canceled in March 2019. My current status is “Decision Made” and am just waiting for an email telling me I’m invited to an oath ceremony or have been rejected.

MIKEZMH2019

Aug 17, 2019
I received the invite for online test on December 30th 2020 to take the test any time starting from Jan 4th 2021 till Jan 21st 2021. I took the test on Jan 7th and passed and now waiting for the next step.

Reactions: itwillbegood

minijoo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Greater Vancouver Area
Hello, I sent my application at the beginning of March 2020 and got my AOR at the end of August 2020 and in process now. Should I start studying for the test or will I probably wait for like a year, what do you guys think?
If I were you, I would wait until you actually receive an invite. You should have enough time to study the materials from the date of the invitation until the actual test date.