+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

Stellaluna

Dec 20, 2020
My citizenship test was schedule on March 24th and got cancelled. No invitation for online test so far. Depressing. Should I contact IRCC?

LogicalThinking

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2017
Med's Done....
03-Mar-2017
Passport Req..
01-May-2017
My citizenship test was schedule on March 24th and got cancelled. No invitation for online test so far. Depressing. Should I contact IRCC?
I am in same Boat (Sept-2019 applicant ) test was scheduled on 20 March but no update afterwards.

i-sore

Jun 13, 2017
thank you for the info. Finger crossed

Looking at the Google sheet .

It seems most people who got invites for online test were first time applicants , meaning they had no prio test date cancelled.

Can anyone make sense out this , is there some sort of algorithm i’m failing to notice .

I noticed only one of those invited for online test is from Ontario and they have listed their name in anonymity. Suggesting they might as well just be pulling our leg or might even be an IRCC employee creating a blindside to make it look like something is also happening in Ontario .

Or is it just me ..

• Haha
Reactions: Tess90

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM

It seems most people who got invites for online test were first time applicants , meaning they had no prio test date cancelled.

Can anyone make sense out this , is there some sort of algorithm i’m failing to notice .

I noticed only one of those invited for online test is from Ontario and they have listed their name in anonymity. Suggesting they might as well just be pulling our leg or might even be an IRCC employee creating a blindside to make it look like something is also happening in Ontario .

Or is it just me ..
It's not logical for one random employee to be doing such a thing. Since it's online test, I feel like it wouldn't matter where the person is from. That said, I cannot tell you why those who have not had a test are receiving the invites. It could be by AOR? I know people had test invites that had a later AOR than me. I did receive my invitation for online test without a prior invite.

WhistlerHusky

Mar 11, 2019
I know some in the same time line as mine. but I don't see any of them here.
I hope that's because they already got invited online test, not because they gave up.

sinou39

Nov 29, 2017

Or is it just me ..
Wow what an elaborate conspiracy theory. Folks, it is being rolled out for the first time, so it is bound to be bumpy at the beginning. The government isn't conspiring against you to prevent you from becoming a Canadian Citizen.

i-sore

Jun 13, 2017
Wow what an elaborate conspiracy theory. Folks, it is being rolled out for the first time, so it is bound to be bumpy at the beginning. The government isn't conspiring against you to prevent you from becoming a Canadian Citizen.
Which part do you label conspiracy here

Did I not clearly ask is there is an algorithm i seem to miss .

Life is not always about conspiracy vs logic , some questions are just what the are .. questions .

No need to start getting excited to sound smarter than the average person .

Which part of my statement gave you there idea I’m angling towards some dubious theory .

If you don’t have any answer to a question .. do not respond. It’s perfectly ok not to know everything.

No need to try and sound smarter than everyone else .

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Or is it just me ..
Yes it seems that they are inviting new folks mostly.
Rarely the cancelled one is being invited. Here is one example(and i think there was one more during the first round of invites) but whoever we see its mostly the first time invite.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-2019-citizenship-applicants.625579/page-194#post-9075151

Reactions: savarana

ridctgbd

Dec 21, 2020
Hi all, question - IRCC website* says the ID for online test must include candidate photo and signature:

Before you take the test
You need
  • a piece of identification (ID) with your photo and signature on it, like
    • your permanent resident card (even if it’s expired), or
    • a valid (not expired) ID such as a driver’s licence or health card
However, PR card now does not include Signature. Did anyone use the PR card (without signature) for the online citizenship test? Unfortunately, my driving license and health card both expired few days ago, so can't use them either now. If anyone has any suggestion, please share.

*Reference: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi all, question - IRCC website* says the ID for online test must include candidate photo and signature:

However, PR card now does not include Signature. Did anyone use the PR card (without signature) for the online citizenship test? Unfortunately, my driving license and health card both expired few days ago, so can't use them either now. If anyone has any suggestion, please share.

*Reference: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html
As they said PR card then you should be fine. Its PR card or license/healthcard. So dont see any issue.
They all know that provinces are extending the expired licenses/healthcards. So you should be fine.

ridctgbd

Dec 21, 2020
As they said PR card then you should be fine. Its PR card or license/healthcard. So dont see any issue.
They all know that provinces are extending the expired licenses/healthcards. So you should be fine.
Thanks for your prompt reply! Yah, I am thinking of using the PR card.