+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

miq

Oct 1, 2010
I lost my pr card one year ago . applied for traveling document. After 5 months when got traveling document .flights closed. during this time I recieved interview date for citizenship ( because i am 63 years age now ). i requested for new date of interview on 2nd feb 2020 when flight resumed 31st July 2020and I informed ircc and requested for interview date
. since then I am on waiting. no idea when I will be interviewed. now my pr card expired I applied for renewal . 102 days gone . status of pr card is on decission made since last 4 weeks. no feed back by ìrcc. story not end here. my wife could not travel because her pr expired while abroad . her residency days were not met. when applied for traveling document they cancelled her pr and she went for appeal. she is not with me . I have no pr. I can not go to her neither she can come to me . story not end here. but I don't want to waste your time just want to say why canada not increase ircc staff.

Last edited:

i-sore

Jun 13, 2017
I read somewhere where it says , you can’t have ETD and your original country’s passport at the same time . So i’m assuming your wife travelled wth a passport from her birth country , and you applied for an ETD ,assuming you do not use your original country passport ?

Am I correct ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I read somewhere where it says , you can’t have ETD and your original country’s passport at the same time . So i’m assuming your wife travelled wth a passport from her birth country , and you applied for an ETD ,assuming you do not use your original country passport ?

Am I correct ?
I don't think you can apply for a ETD when you are a PR. ETD is for Canadian citizens without a passport. For PRs, a PRTD (Permanent Resident Travel Document) is required for travel back to Canada if they do not have a valid PR card.

I think the OP's wife tried applying for a PRTD in order to return to Canada. When you apply for a PRTD, they check if you have fulfilled your residency obligations. If you haven't fulfilled your obligations, they can revoke your PR for non-compliance with residency requirements.

Last edited:

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I lost my pr card one year ago . applied for traveling document. After 5 months when got traveling document .flights closed. during this time I recieved interview date for citizenship ( because i am 63 years age now ). i requested for new date of interview on 2nd feb 2020 when flight resumed 31st July 2020and I informed ircc and requested for interview date
. since then I am on waiting. no idea when I will be interviewed. now my pr card expired I applied for renewal . 102 days gone . status of pr card is on decission made since last 4 weeks. no feed back by ìrcc. story not end here. my wife could not travel because her pr expired while abroad . her residency days were not met. when applied for traveling document they cancelled her pr and she went for appeal. she is not with me . I have no pr. I can not go to her neither she can come to me . story not end here. but I don't want to waste your time just want to say why canada not increase ircc staff.
I'm sorry that you are going through this and separated from your wife. I hope this is fixed and you are reunited soon, what a stressful situation!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

itwillbegood

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 Jun 2009
Doc's Request.
14 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
7 Mar 2012
File Transfer...
30 Jun 2010
Med's Request
16 May 2012
Med's Done....
8 June 2012
Passport Req..
4 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
8 Nov 2012
LANDED..........
2 Jan 2013
I checked my status today and it's changed for "decision made". Last time I checked was Dec 11, so it changed between that day and today (Dec 17).

I did the online test on the Dec 6 and I had no interview.
Good luck! You became a Canadian Citizen :)

Reactions: his*marty

miq

Oct 1, 2010
I don't think you can apply for a ETD when you are a PR. ETD is for Canadian citizens without a passport. For PRs, a PRTD (Permanent Resident Travel Document) is required for travel back to Canada if they do not have a valid PR card.

I think the OP's wife tried applying for a PRTD in order to return to Canada. When you apply for a PRTD, they check if you have fulfilled your residency obligations. If you haven't fulfilled your obligations, they can revoke your PR for non-compliance with residency requirements.

miq

Oct 1, 2010
she applied for prtd. had the flights not cancelled. all airports not closed.she would be in canada because pr was vallid . the same suitation was explained to ircc office back home. they showed no mercy for corrona suitataion.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
she applied for prtd. had the flights not cancelled. all airports not closed.she would be in canada because pr was vallid . the same suitation was explained to ircc office back home. they showed no mercy for corrona suitataion.
I'm really sorry that this happened. I wish you guys all the best with the appeal.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
thank you very much for your kind words otherwise life is so depressed and helpless suitation since last one year. God bless you.
I've been separated from my husband since April 3, I understand. <3

sairam99

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Newdelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2ND WEEK OF APRIL 2010
Doc's Request.