+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Hi, sorry I just had question.

Has anyone applied for citizenship being a protected person before? I just had a question regarding what to put in the section regarding "have you ever been under removal order" (have you ever been asked by the officials to leave Canada) before? Because legally it has never been valid or enforceable, so technically it has never come into force or existed, so one has never been asked to leave Canada.

Thank you for your assistance
If you claimed asylum then was accepted the answer to that question is NO. If you claimed asylum and went through the entire process and you failed then asked to leave Canada then the answer is Yes.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, yes, you definitely are missing the main point. You are here on this forum for the same reason. Secondly, they have been paid for that, thus they must fulfill their duties. IRCC has taken too long for getting their stuff (and staff) straightened out. Enough of BS from Mendicino. They are serving the purpose of granting Cship to residents, I wonder why you doubt that. Putting urgency to whatever else is no longer a viable excuse. And if you are ok getting yours 10 years down the road no one is preventing you from sending a request to that effect to IRCC any time you find it convenient.
Son, we are living in unprecedented times.. we should be the least priority! There are so many refugees suffering, there are couple waiting to get married there are couples who are married and waiting to be reunited..

I have lost federal job offers as ircc was not able to process my app urgently and I understand. But covid has changed everything so we should not be selfish and understand there are people in far more dire situations than us. Currently I’m extremely happy to have a job, stay healthy and to call Canada home and most people who have come to Canada or waiting to come to Canada can’t do that.
That’s all I’m saying. Try to understand the situation and try to help others who need more. Doesn’t matter if we have a Canadian passport if we can’t act like a good citizen

Reactions: blingyrie

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Sorry you lost your job offers, but that is 100% not due to IRCC's bravery or timeliness. Thinking that you are ok to wait is OK, just don't drag others into the same direction. If you are ok, then wait.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Son, we are living in unprecedented times.. we should be the least priority! There are so many refugees suffering, there are couple waiting to get married there are couples who are married and waiting to be reunited..

I have lost federal job offers as ircc was not able to process my app urgently and I understand. But covid has changed everything so we should not be selfish and understand there are people in far more dire situations than us. Currently I’m extremely happy to have a job, stay healthy and to call Canada home and most people who have come to Canada or waiting to come to Canada can’t do that.
That’s all I’m saying. Try to understand the situation and try to help others who need more. Doesn’t matter if we have a Canadian passport if we can’t act like a good citizen
How do you lose such job offers requiring citizenship - if you don't have it you couldn't even have applied, let alone get offers.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How do you lose such job offers requiring citizenship - if you don't have it you couldn't even have applied, let alone get offers.
Usually when you have an offer you are eligible for fast processing. IRCC can FP your app. However due to corona they were not able to do test until recently (online tests)

JHT

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
My business has lost very large sums of revenues against competitors who are able to find new customers and suppliers without needing to apply for a business visa for every opportunity.

even in corona this is still the case for my essential business.

in any case feel free to keep on justifying IRCC to let the backlog increase without any limit, or plan to reasonably decrease the backlog.

Reactions: carl321 and i-sore

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
My business has lost very large sums of revenues against competitors who are able to find new customers and suppliers without needing to apply for a business visa for every opportunity.

even in corona this is still the case for my essential business.

in any case feel free to keep on justifying IRCC to let the backlog increase without any limit, or plan to reasonably decrease the backlog.

According to your posts you are ineligible to apply for citizenship cause you don’t have 3 years worth of taxes filled. A lawyer is advising you to wait to have 3rd tax return to apply. You have to apply for travel visas for your business because you haven’t applied for citizenship yet, this is not even related to the delay of the citizenship test.

Yup I do qualify

however my lawyer advised me to apply after I file my 3rd year of taxes (as I wasn’t tax resident in my first calendar year in Canada)

which is Around the corner anyways, keeping in mind that citizenship tests or on hold still

Last edited:

Rickybrar

Dec 15, 2020
I have applied on march 29,2019. And i had test date 19 March 2020 which was cancelled because of COVID-19 . Till now nothing happened.

JHT

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
N
According to your posts you are ineligible to apply for citizenship cause you don’t have 3 years worth of taxes filled. A lawyer is advising you to wait to have 3rd tax return to apply. You have to apply for travel visas for your business because you haven’t applied for citizenship yet, this is not even related to the delay of the citizenship test.
I have long met the citizenship requirments as per IRCC’s guidelines and I will apply for my citizenship very soon

your welcome to continue making assumptions

• Haha
Reactions: Coco7

fr72

Jan 6, 2017

How about you just speak for yourself? Good Canadians don't judge or speak for others.

Reactions: Lex2019

Mustafa100

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013

Son, we are living in unprecedented times.
These days I hear these word a lot from people who don’t want to do their jobs

we should be the least priority!
There are more than 100,000 applications and each one has it’s own reason to apply, no ONE can decide who is the priority

There are so many refugees suffering
They have their program in IRCC and IRCC have the employees to process their cases, they are not applying for Citizenship. ,

there are couple waiting to get married
WOW, what can I do for them?,

there are couples who are married and waiting to be reunited..
unprecedented times , remember!

I have lost federal job offers as ircc was not able to process my app urgently and I understand.
unprecedented times, remember!

But covid has changed everything so we should not be selfish,
speak about your case, I’m not selfish in this when I ask to get the service for me and my family, ( which I have paid for )I have a dying father back home and I cannot go to see him because my Passport is expired and takes 8 months to renew it in my country, ( every one around the world is saying unprecedented times when it comes to do their jobs )

and understand there are people in far more dire situations than us.
I understand, and I hope you understand that I’m not taking other people place when I apply for citizenship

Currently I’m extremely happy to have a job, stay healthy and to call Canada home and most people who have come to Canada or waiting to come to Canada can’t do that.
I smell from your writing that I’m going to leave Canada after I get the passport. Are you trying to change my mind to stay in this Country ( not my home yet , remember, they still consider me a resident not a citizen because of the unprecedented times)

That’s all I’m saying. Try to understand the situation and try to help others who need more.
I hope you could understand the real situation here, that the PR Card holder “like me“ is a minority in this country and same as other minorities their voice not heard by the government, and when they are chatting in a public forum some people trying to convince them to understand the whole picture and not be selfish.

Doesn’t matter if we have a Canadian passport if we can’t act like a good citizen
WOW, that’s hard, so I have to be a “good citizen” to be eligable for the passport. Well I agree, help me to be a citizen and I promise , I promise you I will be a good citizen.

Last edited:

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I'm stuck on the treadmill of both trying to get my citizenship and sponsor my husband. I am so, so, so tired of all of it - but what more can any of us do. There's been pressures put ircc and we are finally seeing some movement, including the family sponsorship program..but my biggest fear is what will happen when O'Toole becomes PM - not so much my citizenship process but my sponsorship. This all feels like one big nightmare...and navigating alone without being with my husband (I haven't seen him in over 8 months) is really stressful.

• Sad
Reactions: siddharthbala

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016

Child, you're free to wait. Others are free to protest. And I am free to ignore you. It's a free country. Probably why many want to be citizens and be able vote to keep it free.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Child, you're free to wait. Others are free to protest. And I am free to ignore you. It's a free country. Probably why many want to be citizens and be able vote to keep it free.
Well, maybe these posts will raise the questions with the admins of which posts to delete. Shame on them as they thought I was abusive replying to this gentlehuman... Anyways, thanks folks for keeping this up