+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

CityZen11

May 7, 2018
My wife received a test request to take between April 27th to May 17th -
She's been attempting to take the test the last two days and everytime when she clicks the link to start the test it says :

"You cannot take the test now - you have Not been invited to take the test"

I thought the issue would resolve itself after a few days - but this keeps happening - we've sent an email to IRCC with the screenshot and the invite email as proof but they have not replied ..

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
My wife received a test request to take between April 27th to May 17th -
She's been attempting to take the test the last two days and everytime when she clicks the link to start the test it says :

"You cannot take the test now - you have Not been invited to take the test"

I thought the issue would resolve itself after a few days - but this keeps happening - we've sent an email to IRCC with the screenshot and the invite email as proof but they have not replied ..
how long has it been since you sent the email and which email? Here are the instructions for that issue https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/access.html#sign-in
Give IRCC a call tomorrow morning to inquire if it has been a while.

CityZen11

May 7, 2018
how long has it been since you sent the email and which email? Here are the instructions for that issue https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/access.html#sign-in
Give IRCC a call tomorrow morning to inquire if it has been a while.
As per the instructions you shared - we replied back to the email which had sent us the invite for the test to begin with , since it says :

"email the office that sent you the test invitation."

Again, no word from them yet - we have checked the UCI and Application Number to make sure there are no errors in those

Thanks for your reply!

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
As per the instructions you shared - we replied back to the email which had sent us the invite for the test to begin with , since it says :

"email the office that sent you the test invitation."

Again, no word from them yet - we have checked the UCI and Application Number to make sure there are no errors in those

Thanks for your reply!
If they are taking too long, try sending an email to IRCC.CitOnlineTest-TestenligneCit.IRCC@cic.gc.ca https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/help.html#contact

taranjotwani

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sure this question has been asked 100's times here. Can anybody point me to forum link for how to study for the exam? Where can I get notes?

YeapThatGuy

Apr 1, 2019
Hi there,

I know that it says one has to take the online citizenship test *inside* of Canada.

I would still like to know if and how this is being enforced, e.g. are they checking the user’s IP address, are they looking at the user’s passport stamps, or anything else?

Did anybody manage to take the online test outside of Canada? Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much!

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi there,

I know that it says one has to take the online citizenship test *inside* of Canada.

I would still like to know if and how this is being enforced, e.g. are they checking the user’s IP address, are they looking at the user’s passport stamps, or anything else?

Did anybody manage to take the online test outside of Canada? Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much!
They have technology to verify it, i am sure, even if someone using VPN.

krishtian

Star Member
Nov 7, 2020
I've been waiting for the test invite and what a bummer I can't even access it (saying as for others that I'm not invited).

Did anybody receive a reply from local office?

Ballot2020

Dec 21, 2020
I've been waiting for the test invite and what a bummer I can't even access it (saying as for others that I'm not invited).

Did anybody receive a reply from local office?
I experienced the same situation, however I tried the next day and it was working and I did the exam. It is ok to contact IRCC but keep trying to access the test, it may work

krishtian

Star Member
Nov 7, 2020
I experienced the same situation, however I tried the next day and it was working and I did the exam. It is ok to contact IRCC but keep trying to access the test, it may work
Already called them and they can't help, was told to contact my local office via email only which I also did.