File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
I'd request an UP, fly in and stay in Canada for a couple of months to get through to the end of the process. Will cost you some $$, but at the end of the day not that much. If IRCC gives you thumbs up on the consulate, I'll be happy for you, don't get me wrong, but something tells me they won't.

I am in sync with you.

Baring legailites, by allowing someone taking test in a consulate abroad, IRCC will create a precedence (and a wrong precedent ofcourse) so there is not even an iota of chance that IRCC will ever concede to this idea.

In actual fact, IRCC will start full RQ on the application....and then we know things will go south....

Last edited:
Reactions: BadGamer6

bourney0

Aug 9, 2020
I am in sync with you.

Baring legailites, by allowing someone taking test in a consulate abroad, IRCC will create a precedence (and a wrong precedent ofcourse) so there is not even an iota of chance that IRCC will ever concede to this idea.

In actual fact, IRCC will start full RQ on the application....and then we know things will go south....
You're probably right.

And I was corrected on the thread that I linked to. A Canadian consulate is not on Canadian soil.

We will be flying back.

bourney0

Aug 9, 2020
I'd request an UP, fly in and stay in Canada for a couple of months to get through to the end of the process. Will cost you some $$, but at the end of the day not that much. If IRCC gives you thumbs up on the consulate, I'll be happy for you, don't get me wrong, but something tells me they won't.
Thanks for the advice.

What's an "UP?"

And you mention some social media material that could be helpful. Could I trouble you for links?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
YOU ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO INVOLUNTARILY BUY GOODS OR SERVICES, that's the main idea. Again, don't quote me on that. Browse social media. I didn't do that, but there are peeps who say they did
You will be fined then. It is less expensive to stay in the quarantine hotel.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
You're probably right.

And I was corrected on the thread that I linked to. A Canadian consulate is not on Canadian soil.

We will be flying back.
That is the most practical solution because of the current situation. Yes, it may be costly; yes, it may be bothering; and yes, it may be exhausting. But you will save so much trouble by attending it. If you reschedule, no one can predict how much more time you will have to wait, it can take months or even a couple years; but in the end, travelling here and get it done would worth it.

Last edited:

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm kinda puzzled at how people get inventive when trying to break the system. Why not fly to Canada for the test?
Online tests might go away thanks to people who are trying to cheat the system.. if someone doesn’t understand why it’s such a big deal to be in Canada for the test & oath they clearly don’t understand culture & rights of this country.. being Canadian is just not getting a passport to travel it has so much more meaning.. I really hope people respect the process more.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, let's see...

How about the $2,000, 3-day hotel quarantine? And PCR testing three times? And a 14-day quarantine?

I didn't mention that we also have a young baby.

How is it "breaking the system" if it's legal and technically within compliance?
How about postponing the test if you are not in the country?

bourney0

Aug 9, 2020
Online tests might go away thanks to people who are trying to cheat the system.. if someone doesn’t understand why it’s such a big deal to be in Canada for the test & oath they clearly don’t understand culture & rights of this country.. being Canadian is just not getting a passport to travel it has so much more meaning.. I really hope people respect the process more.
If someone happens to be out of the country visiting family or what have you two years after applying and then finally gets a test invite out of the blue, and the entry requirements to return happen to have become exceedingly onerous then it seems reasonable that a consulate could grant a concession in such a case. Like so many others we have been in limbo with the exams being suspended for so long. But who needs reason when you have bureaucracy? I digress.

It's not against the rules to leave exit Canada during the application process and when that process takes two years it is especially unreasonable to expect an applicant not to take a single trip during that time.

However, as Adey rightly notes above, it would set a precedent that the IRCC would certainly not be happy with.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
BTW, you don't have to pay for the hotel as per many travelers returning. You don't have to buy a service involuntarily. As reported you can say that you aren't against self-quarantine, but don't have the extra means to pay for it. Canada, i.e. tax-payers would have to pay for it. Haven't tried that, but that's what I'm reading on social media... weird times, weird measures...
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/pearson-covid-toronto-airport-1.5927007

Some people will have time to write test in jail :) sorry for sarcasm but there is Quarantine Act, why not follow it?