+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

Dec 4, 2020
So, if my citizenship test is scheduled, I could take it without even receiving an email notification?
Sure can. You can open that link right now and punch in your app# and UCI to test. It will show you a message "you are not invited yet". But on the test start day, it will be available at 12am.

Temi727

Jun 15, 2021
I have an additional question. Since i failed the test and its a joint application with my partner and 2 kids, will they process their application or will they wait till i retake my test before IRCC will do anything?

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Hey there!

My tracker says that I should take the test from June 18, but I haven't received an email invitation. Should I start worrying if I don't receive one? If yes, then where should I call/email?
This situation happened to me and I know that it happened to another member. My status changed on the Tracker dashboard but I didn't get the email. I ended up getting the email about 6 days after the Tracker changed, which was 2 days before the exam start date. You should be getting the email soon.

But if you are not planning on rescheduling the exam, you can probably go straight to the exam page on June 18th and take it, as other members already said.

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Has anyone rescheduled the test before? If so, after how many weeks/months you were given the second date to take the test?

Reactions: andrews.juchem

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Has anyone rescheduled the test before? If so, after how many weeks/months you were given the second date to take the test?
I have rescheduled my exam. In the email, I said that I was going to be back in Canada by Mid-August 2021. They replied to me saying that I will be rescheduled after Mid-August (whatever that means). Since the answer is vague, so there is no way to know. The post below shows exactly what I asked them and what they replied.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/reschedule-online-citizenship-test.715081/post-9468243

There was another person in the forum that was in the same situation. This person asked to be rescheduled and said that would be back by end of April. He/she got the new invitation in the middle of May (two weeks after the return date). However, we can't draw conclusions from only one case. I think it depends on the office.

If you reschedule your exam, please share your experience on the thread that I mentioned above.

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
I have rescheduled my exam. In the email, I said that I was going to be back in Canada by Mid-August 2021. They replied to me saying that I will be rescheduled after Mid-August (whatever that means). Since the answer is vague, so there is no way to know. The post below shows exactly what I asked them and what they replied.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/reschedule-online-citizenship-test.715081/post-9468243

There was another person in the forum that was in the same situation. This person asked to be rescheduled and said that would be back by end of April. He/she got the new invitation in the middle of May (two weeks after the return date). However, we can't draw conclusions from only one case. I think it depends on the office.

If you reschedule your exam, please share your experience on the thread that I mentioned above.
Thank you for your reply. I guess once you asked them to reschedule the test, you don’t need to contact them again, instead they will contact you themselves once it’s close to your preferred date that you’ve requested?

Reactions: andrews.juchem

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Thank you for your reply. I guess once you asked them to reschedule the test, you don’t need to contact them again, instead they will contact you themselves once it’s close to your preferred date that you’ve requested?
Yes, they are supposed to contact you again. In the best-case scenario, they will contact you close to your preferred date, but nobody really knows about it. I'm expecting to get the new date by the end of August 2021.