+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

Dec 4, 2020
Hi all, given that my test was updated to "Complete" in my tracker, I just wanted to answer a couple of questions that I've seen on here in case it helps anyone!

1. I accidentally kept my email open in another tab while taking the test. This was not an issue. I did not try to close it when I noticed it, though; I stayed on the exam page the whole time.
2. I was partially visible behind my ID in the picture (no face, but I didn't try to hide from the camera or anything). This was not an issue.
3. I did not receive a confirmation email. You have to check the tracker.

Feel free to ask me any questions. Happy to help where I can!
Was it updated to complete this morning or last night?

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Was it updated to complete this morning or last night?
The tracker shows today as the "Last Updated" date, but the test shows yesterday as the completion date. Maybe an officer validated yesterday, but it takes a day for the changes to be reflected in the tracker? Or maybe the validation was today, but the date I completed the test was yesterday, so that's what shows up. Not sure about that.

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
The tracker shows today as the "Last Updated" date, but the test shows yesterday as the completion date. Maybe an officer validated yesterday, but it takes a day for the changes to be reflected in the tracker? Or maybe the validation was today, but the date I completed the test was yesterday, so that's what shows up. Not sure about that.
What does the "Test Interview Date" in the tracker mean? I see that your record shows as Jun 14, 2021.

Temi727

Jun 15, 2021
Hello all. I did my citizenship test yesterday and unfortunately failed it :(. They asked me to wait for them to contact me for a re-test. does anyone know if it will actually take 45 days before they call me again and will i have to do it at the IRCC office or can the re-test be done online? Please i will appreciate your feedbacks. Thank you.

• Sad
Reactions: VictorCA

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello all. I did my citizenship test yesterday and unfortunately failed it :(. They asked me to wait for them to contact me for a re-test. does anyone know if it will actually take 45 days before they call me again and will i have to do it at the IRCC office or can the re-test be done online? Please i will appreciate your feedbacks. Thank you.
Usually, the second attempt isn't done in front of a citizenship officer but can't dismiss that possibility. Even if it is in front of a citizenship officer, you'll do it online likely via MS teams.

Prepare well using the following in addition to the Discover Canada book!

Notes from Discover Canada and Sample tests.

When you receive the next test invitation depends on IRCC, not sure if they follow the 45 day limit because of the current backlog. But nonetheless, be prepared.

Good luck.

Posky2021

Jun 15, 2021
I received invitation to test on June 01st with start date June 04th to 24th. I wrote the test on June 06th but here is my concern. As i began after accepting and ticking boxes, took the photo ID for submission, my computer was glitching and acting funny, rolling continuously and not able to progress to personal picture before it timed me out. I requested for another link which was sent to my email but the computer was still rolling before it finally crashed. I logged in to another system, open my email box, used the new link and proceeded to take my photo ID and personal picture for confirmation on the new computer, started the test and submitted smoothly without any glitch or hindrance. I passed with 19/20 within six minutes. Would the system change be a concern?

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
I received invitation to test on June 01st with start date June 04th to 24th. I wrote the test on June 06th but here is my concern. As i began after accepting and ticking boxes, took the photo ID for submission, my computer was glitching and acting funny, rolling continuously and not able to progress to personal picture before it timed me out. I requested for another link which was sent to my email but the computer was still rolling before it finally crashed. I logged in to another system, open my email box, used the new link and proceeded to take my photo ID and personal picture for confirmation on the new computer, started the test and submitted smoothly without any glitch or hindrance. I passed with 19/20 within six minutes. Would the system change be a concern?
I don't think so. As far as I can tell, they don't start monitoring your activity until you actually start the test, so I doubt they would be keeping records of your failed picture attempts. They likely only receive your final picture attempts with your completed test (and all the info like IP, OS, etc.). At least I hope so because I took an inordinate amount of bad pictures of myself before I was satisfied with one!

Reactions: macy1207

Posky2021

Jun 15, 2021
I don't think so. As far as I can tell, they don't start monitoring your activity until you actually start the test, so I doubt they would be keeping records of your failed picture attempts. They likely only receive your final picture attempts with your completed test (and all the info like IP, OS, etc.). At least I hope so because I took an inordinate amount of bad pictures of myself before I was satisfied with one!
I feel a great sign of relief now. Thanks for the care!

anton_k

Jul 12, 2020
Hey there!

My tracker says that I should take the test from June 18, but I haven't received an email invitation. Should I start worrying if I don't receive one? If yes, then where should I call/email?

Dec 4, 2020
Has the "waiting on you" message in tracker disappeared for you and the test still shows "in progress"?

Dec 4, 2020
Hey there!

My tracker says that I should take the test from June 18, but I haven't received an email invitation. Should I start worrying if I don't receive one? If yes, then where should I call/email?
Nope, everything is still there.
That question was for a different user but here's the answer you are looking for.

Even if you don't get the email and your tracker shows you are scheduled, you can go straight to test here.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html

You have to authenticate yourself using your UCI and Application #.
Note: You won't be able to access the test until the start date as shown on your tracker.
Good luck!