Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
12-MAR-2016
Hello folks

For those currently outside Canada and cannot go back timely to do the citizenship test online INSIDE Canada, what are you planning to do?

Reschedule?
Do it outside Canada anyways?

(Please this is a practical thread, don't waste our time with morals/ethical/philosophical discussions. Thank YOU!)

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello folks

For those currently outside Canada and cannot go back timely to do the citizenship test online INSIDE Canada, what are you planning to do?

Reschedule?

(Please this is a practical thread, don't waste our time with morals/ethical/philosophical discussions. Thank YOU!)
There is nothing immoral or unethical about taking online test from outside Canada. It is ILLEGAL and citizenship will be revoked if found.

destiny2016

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Canada
What about the online application - can one send it from outside of Canada? Is it specifically mentioned anywhere that it is illegal to do this? I know it is certainly not advisable to do this, but the current world situation puts many people in this precarious situation. Kindly advise.

Just curious on the test part - is this (where one has to write it in Canada) mentioned in the invite letter for those of you who have received the test invite?

Thank you.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
What about the online application - can one send it from outside of Canada? Is it specifically mentioned anywhere that it is illegal to do this? I know it is certainly not advisable to do this, but the current world situation puts many people in this precarious situation. Kindly advise.

Just curious on the test part - is this (where one has to write it in Canada) mentioned in the invite letter for those of you who have received the test invite?

Thank you.
You can apply from outside. There is no restriction mentioned. There is no difference between applying from outside or moving out after applying.
But some officers put the file on hold hence not sure how far it will be processed. We are not sure if this delay is due to out of country address or something else - no idea.

Yes for test, its given in the instructions itself. Note "must be in Canada to take the test" at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/tutorial.html

For oath, they mention in the email that one should be inside Canada as per multiple posts on this forum.

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
My wife was out of the country to take care of her ill father, but now she and my children( my children cannot live without her) are coming back to take the test. I hope it is going to be a smooth and swift process. Financially it is very damaging for 3 persons to fly back to take the test. but I think it is still a better option than taking a chance to do the test abroad by using any proxy IP addresses. If get caught the consequences will be far worse than the expenses occurring on their return to Canada.

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Unfortunately they need online test and oath , inside Canada, make no sense ,but that the rule for now . So either come or reschedule . Maybe in future they review this. However really doesn't make sense if online is anywhere in world but for now ircc need online test /oath inside Canada only

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
Hello folks

Reschedule?

You obviously so clearly know it all ...why do you need opinions from ethical moralists? Or perhaps you want to attract answers from unethical people? You should call IRCC and ask this question to receive a more fitting unethical answer/guidance.

Reactions: JPBless

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
My friend took test online from india. You have to send an email to IRCC with your name, application number and test date with subject" outside canada-citizenship test". There is a instruction on cic website. You can take if you get approval.

PianoTiger

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
My friend took test online from india. You have to send an email to IRCC with your name, application number and test date with subject" outside canada-citizenship test". There is a instruction on cic website. You can take if you get approval.
Was his application delayed?

ajawfer

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
I was about to ask the same question. My wife did the exam abroad and since then the application has been stalled. No movement at all. This can be due to the test being taken outside of Canada. In my case I did the exam and within a matter of three months I was scheduled to Oath and was granted citizenship last year December. Took 12 months or so from Application to Citizenship for me. In my Wifes case her profile is very simple nothing much to check it was a breeze until the exam undertaken abroad. Then again its just three months from exam completion date, so waiting is still on.

Neyomaa

Apr 1, 2021
I was about to ask the same question. My wife did the exam abroad and since then the application has been stalled. No movement at all. This can be due to the test being taken outside of Canada. In my case I did the exam and within a matter of three months I was scheduled to Oath and was granted citizenship last year December. Took 12 months or so from Application to Citizenship for me. In my Wifes case her profile is very simple nothing much to check it was a breeze until the exam undertaken abroad. Then again its just three months from exam completion date, so waiting is still on.
Hi has your wife gotten her oath invite yet?