+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

matthias_wlkp

Jun 28, 2015
How many days does it usually take to get oath invitation after DM
It's been around 4 months lately. Depends on the processing location. Montreal seems to be the slowest I've seen, at around 5-6 months. I'm processed in Vancouver and most anxious people here are at around 4 months. Some people got it in 3 months.

Shamon

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Hi All,
Quick question.
I actually called IRCC and they said they will start reviewing our exam and either confirm it or reject it after the deadline provided for the exam. So for example, If you had a period to take it between 23-Nov and 14-Dec and you took your exam on 25-Nov, there will be no update and/or confirmation on your exam results before 14-Dec. Does this make sense to you? Did you guys get your approval (Completed) for online citizenship exam before the deadline assigned to take the exam or after that?
Thanks

Mus87

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hi All,
Quick question.
I actually called IRCC and they said they will start reviewing our exam and either confirm it or reject it after the deadline provided for the exam. So for example, If you had a period to take it between 23-Nov and 14-Dec and you took your exam on 25-Nov, there will be no update and/or confirmation on your exam results before 14-Dec. Does this make sense to you? Did you guys get your approval (Completed) for online citizenship exam before the deadline assigned to take the exam or after that?
Thanks
Maybe that’s a new thing or it’s based on the office. In my case, I had mine updated 2 days after the test (given I did my test on a Saturday so after the weekend I got my update on the Monday) and it was at the first few days of my test period. Scarborough office here.

Reactions: Shamon

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Hi All,
Quick question.
Thanks
Most of them got it updated in 1 day to few weeks. there is no specific i would say.

here are the timelines from my side

Test date : Status change Date: Decision Made: Citizenship ceremony: Certificate received: who:
28th June 2021 29th June 2021 Not Yet Not Started Not Yet Myself
28th June 2021 30th June 2021 Not Yet Not Started Not Yet My Wife
28th June 2021 1st August 2021 25th November 2021 2nd December 2021 12th December 2021 Family friend

TEST ACTIVATION PERIOD:
Start: 2021-06-25 (yyyy/mm/dd) at 12:00 AM, Eastern Standard Time
End: 2021-07-15 (yyyy/mm/dd) at 11:59 PM, Eastern Standard Time

Test date : Status change Date: Who:
19th December 2021 21st December 2021 Family friend

PÉRIODE D’ACTIVATION DE L’EXAMEN :
Début : 2021-12-10 (aaaa/mm/jj) à 00:00, Heure normale de l’Est
Fin : 2021-12-30 (aaaa/mm/jj) à 23:59, Heure normale de l’Est

All our 4 applications got updated less than 3 days from the Test date. Including the one Latest weekend. But we see some stuck for weeks too. so there is no specific answer for how it works, be positive and stay relaxed. When you see an update then you will start thinking of when it will be decision made? Once it is doen then when will Ceremony starts. After ceremony when will get certificate, we see the human nature with all applicants whoever active on the thread. when they complete one task they worry for the next.

I used to check every 5 ro 10 minutes my tracker becuase it is just a finger print away to open the tracker, after almost awating 6 months (by the end of this month), i am tired , so i check now daily morning and evening to see if there is any update.

that's all you can do until you see an update.

No MP, No email, No Sad stories, No GCMS or ATIP requests makes the file any impact on your file, unless you have genuine or fake but convincible (with trackable) reason to request for urgent process (even Real UP's got rejetced and some causl tries got approved just like Super visas where they invited not qualified over highly qualified {financially} and other grounds too), IRCC will give random answers to the callers , I never called them but we see whoever called will post their response here. Like the webiste says they don;t have any additional informatn that you see on the tracker, so calling them is a kind of waste of your time and theirs too. All ic an say is keep checking the Tracker for any updates. Soon or later they will update. Even after quick update all our files sitting at the same place except one application moved forward.

Maybe it depends on the
Office + Officer + Officer Mood + Office Targets + File tracking system + case load per officer +Their Policies and guidelines + ect etc etc = Outcome

wish you good luck

Reactions: raaj051 and Shamon

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
Hi all, I have a question.

I did the citizenship test online 3-4 weeks ago and I passed. I always check the website to see the update on my application but they still didn't change anything.

I did my exam with a PC and external webcam.
I took a picture of myself and the PR card and submitted them and completed the exam. I didn't see myself during the exam.
Now , i'm reading comments that people said they saw themselves in the corner of the screen during the test. I did not see myself. Did anybody else have this issue. Some are saying the software they use only works well with laptops but I used my PC since the camera is much clearer.

If there is a problem with the test recognizing PC USB cameras, they should make applicants aware of this, as now that I have read these things in this forum, I am very stressed about this. I already waited 1.5 years to get the invite for online test because the in person were cancelled due to covid. This is very stressful. I saw one post on here where somebody said with PC it's 50/50 coin flip if their software recognizes your camera. Wouldn't they be aware of an issue this big ?

Before the test, I clicked accept to everything and gave access to my camera. I did not receive any pop up or notifications during my test which said anything , or else I would have fixed anything that needed to be fixed. They should give some kind of pop-up or notification, How was I supposed to know that I should see myself in the corner of the screen. The test instructions did not mention this.

Now it's been 30 days and from what I've read here, It looks like I will get a retest email , so sad.

• Sad
Reactions: Help!
Dec 16, 2021
Hi all, I have a question.

I did the citizenship test online 3-4 weeks ago and I passed. I always check the website to see the update on my application but they still didn't change anything.

I did my exam with a PC and external webcam.
I took a picture of myself and the PR card and submitted them and completed the exam. I didn't see myself during the exam.
Now , i'm reading comments that people said they saw themselves in the corner of the screen during the test. I did not see myself. Did anybody else have this issue. Some are saying the software they use only works well with laptops but I used my PC since the camera is much clearer.

If there is a problem with the test recognizing PC USB cameras, they should make applicants aware of this, as now that I have read these things in this forum, I am very stressed about this. I already waited 1.5 years to get the invite for online test because the in person were cancelled due to covid. This is very stressful. I saw one post on here where somebody said with PC it's 50/50 coin flip if their software recognizes your camera. Wouldn't they be aware of an issue this big ?

Before the test, I clicked accept to everything and gave access to my camera. I did not receive any pop up or notifications during my test which said anything , or else I would have fixed anything that needed to be fixed. They should give some kind of pop-up or notification, How was I supposed to know that I should see myself in the corner of the screen. The test instructions did not mention this.

Now it's been 30 days and from what I've read here, It looks like I will get a retest email , so sad.
Can you please advise if the status of your test in tracker is showing “In progress” or still showing “waiting on you” or is showing “completed”. We had similar issue where it is showing “in progress” for quite long time. Thanks

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
Can you please advise if the status of your test in tracker is showing “In progress” or still showing “waiting on you” or is showing “completed”. We had similar issue where it is showing “in progress” for quite long time. Thanks
It still says "in progress" and it's been 30 days. From what I am reading on the forum ,I will most likely receive an email soon that there was technical difficulties. I used a perfectly good and new PC computer, and new webcam with no issues. I captured my photo id, and my face, and those steps were fine. I even did the test part fine, it's just now that I am reading on this forum, that we are supposed to see ourselves during the test in the bottom corner. I did not see myself. I saw a circle with a line on it, I assumed it means they are controlling the camera and I don't have access to camera functions or something like that. No popup came and no notification came to let me know anything was wrong. I am so sad about this. I should have received some kind of notification to fix something. Is there any one on here that didn't see themselves during the test, and ended up getting completed status? or 100% I will get a redo email ? This will surely delay the process even more than it was.....So unfortunate.