+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

Sweetcandyyy

Feb 7, 2021
Hello everyone,
I competed my test in August 19 and got update to test complete after a couple days. In October, I received request letter for PP copies and I sent them via mail in October 15th.
However, I got no response or updates since the last test update. I’m wondering if this normal? Since today, it’s been 4 months and no update at all. So worried!
Does anyone knows if this normal or what can I do?

mohdmayar

Star Member
May 31, 2017
can anyone please provide guidance. I am a june 2021 applicant. The Scarborough office is processing my file. Most applicants have cleared BG check way before citizenship test from this office. I passed my test and it has been marked as completed but my BG check is still in process and no request for PP or FP have come? What could be the reason?
I am November 2016 applicant. I did fingerprint 3 times: 2017,2020 and 2021. Most probably I will continue do fingerprint till 2099. BG not cleared. Sometimes the reason is that there is a ribbon on your application. Maybe you were in a battle with a cursed judge, a battle with a cursed police officer, a battle with bastards at CAS etc.
Anyhow, if IRCC asked you for fingerprint, advise IRCC that you were in a battle with corruption. If IRCC asked you to do second fingerprint because the previous expired, immediately go to the Prime Minister and say to him "Hello". Or go to the Minister of Immigration, if IRCC`s officer was not helpful.

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014
Anyone received fingerprint request in 2021 after they had submitted fingerprint in 2020?
Not yet, but I'm expecting it. My application was at DM on July 12th.

On November 5th background check moved back to "in progress"

I submitted FP in September 2020 so I imagine eventually they'll ask me to do it again and delay my already lengthy application further.

If I was this incompetent at my job I would have been fired a long time ago.

lisap1993

Feb 28, 2017
Hello everyone,
I competed my test in August 19 and got update to test complete after a couple days. In October, I received request letter for PP copies and I sent them via mail in October 15th.
However, I got no response or updates since the last test update. I’m wondering if this normal? Since today, it’s been 4 months and no update at all. So worried!
Does anyone knows if this normal or what can I do?
Citizenship test was updated complete on June 29th, around mid August received a request to send copies of my passport. Emailed in September to check and received a response the office received copies of my passport. No updates since, everything except "background" and "test" is still marked "in progress". So it's been 6 months for me. This is seems awfully long - curious if anyone else has been in a similar situation.

Mus87

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Citizenship test was updated complete on June 29th, around mid August received a request to send copies of my passport. Emailed in September to check and received a response the office received copies of my passport. No updates since, everything except "background" and "test" is still marked "in progress". So it's been 6 months for me. This is seems awfully long - curious if anyone else has been in a similar situation.
Similar situation here with Scarborough office. Test completed in July and PP copies sent in September. No updates since :( all in progress still except for Test and BG Check, which are marked as completed.

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Checked on Jan 3, 2022 via the following link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html states that IRCC currently finalizing most applications we received between September 8 and 14, 2019, However, if your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.
This is apparently updated weekly, so I guess when checked next week, we can get some idea how quickly they are moving based on any update changes observed.

Also, this is a general update and I guess will vary based on specific offices. Any idea which office is the quickest and which the slowest?

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
This is apparently updated weekly, so I guess when checked next week, we can get some idea how quickly they are moving based on any update changes observed.

Also, this is a general update and I guess will vary based on specific offices. Any idea which office is the quickest and which the slowest?
Last update was Dec 29, 2021, and it has been the same for the last two weeks. This update is garbage like IRCC and everything IRCC is doing, because in reality they are mostly processing 2021 applications, while ignoring 2019 and 2020 applications. It's a failed attempt to show they are "transparent" of what they are doing, while in fact they are just a mafia with secret agendas and affairs.

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Last update was Dec 29, 2021, and it has been the same for the last two weeks. This update is garbage like IRCC and everything IRCC is doing, because in reality they are mostly processing 2021 applications, while ignoring 2019 and 2020 applications. It's a failed attempt to show they are "transparent" of what they are doing, while in fact they are just a mafia with secret agendas and affairs.
I don't know...I just don't know....as i said before, I'd prefer the SLA be adjusted to the point where it can be considered written in stone. There should then be a defined and guaranteed course of action that an applicant can take if this SLA is exceeded that ensures that for these cases where SLAs are exceeded (normal applications), these would then be expedited in again a defined, guaranteed turnaround time.

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
sounds like it takes on average 3 weeks to process 1 week of applications...i'll definitely be checking to see it's progress.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Myself...applied in Sept 2019, FP request in Feb 2020 and then again in Nov 2021 due to original set expiring, online test was completed at end of July...background states cleared and now waiting on the rest. Should be a straightforward app but yep like the rest no idea on timelines and it's all a guess really.

Shamon

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Really funny.. its been four weeks since I passed the exam and it is still showing in progress...Frustrated :(

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
What is your timeline, means when u applied for your citizenship?