+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

Nov 22, 2020
Hello everyone,

I applied on January 2021, completed the test in August 2021, and had everything changed to completed (except citizenship ceremony which is not started) on Oct 8th, however, it doesn't show decision made on the tracker, it also still shows in process in the old ECAS tracker, is this normal? Almost everyone has had a decision made on their portal after everything is completed. Others who applied in January 2021 have been receiving oath invites as well.
Don't feel so bad. I applied in August 2018 and only got the test invite in August 2021. Still waiting for the oath invite too

Oct 30, 2021

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Hello everyone,

I applied on January 2021, completed the test in August 2021, and had everything changed to completed (except citizenship ceremony which is not started) on Oct 8th, however, it doesn't show decision made on the tracker, it also still shows in process in the old ECAS tracker, is this normal? Almost everyone has had a decision made on their portal after everything is completed. Others who applied in January 2021 have been receiving oath invites as well.
I applied August 2020 and completed test in June 2021. Only Test and Background check completed...no updates on the others....which office is processing ur application?

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
So, are you complaining about not getting the oath, and you applied only 10 months ago? I applied before you by 14 months (24 months to date) and still haven't gotten the oath invite. But rest assured you will get before me and many other 2019 applicants who are forgotten by IRCC so 2020 and 2021 get ahead and give them good numbers
which office is processing your application? Is there nothing that can be done other than sitting and waiting? no number to call, no office to visit?

I tried calling but was given that Afghanistan is priority now.

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Happened with me as well. Jan 2021 applicant. All status completed on 4th Oct except ceremony and no DM on ecas. Got updated to DM couple of days back (After a month). For me, test status also got completed after a month of writing the test. I guess this is new normal. Don't worry. Cheers
I wish there was a progress bar like the ones that show when a program is loading.

Reactions: acs123

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Hello everyone,

so lucky,,, many people is not even had a test,,,,

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
I really wanted to apply and not think about it until everything works out, however, now, i'm forced to pay more attention since my PR is now expired and I don't think I want the added expense to pay for renewing the PR when the citizenship is already over 12 months processing. I think I may need to travel soon...previously this wasn't a concern since I planned not to travel internationally in 2021 due to COVID and I figured the processing would have been complete by now...apparently, I was so wrong!!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
which office is processing your application? Is there nothing that can be done other than sitting and waiting? no number to call, no office to visit?

I tried calling but was given that Afghanistan is priority now.
Montreal. I sent them webforms, feedbacks, requested ATIP notes ... etc. Nothing so far. They won't budge. So, yeah, sitting and waiting is all I can do, while my resentment for them grows everyday :rolleyes: .

Last edited:
Reactions: maasjoe

Sweetcandyyy

Feb 7, 2021
I took the test around on Aug 24 and one month later received the request letter of mailing pp copies. Then I send them pp copies in time on Oct 14. Until now, no status changed or any response from them. Is that normal? Anyone in the same boat with me??

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Yes it is possible to get your citizenship certificate abroad but it is sent to the nearest mission/embassy unless you live in USA in which case they send it directly to you just like in Canada. See the link - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1560&top=5
(Same applies to those who did paper apps)
OK, this link says they can send the certificate abroad, but would they allow taking the oath from outside Canada? One agent said to an applicant during the interview it's possible, but arranging for that is complex. I think at best, they may allow you to take the oath in Canada and then leave, and they send you the certificate abroad to the closest office.