+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

abc012

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Hi All,

My application received Dec 2019, and I passed the test May 2021 since then no updates on my file, It is really frustrating to wait 7 months after the test. I sent two IRCC webform email, and got classic generic replies. Today I sent the complaint but more like asking what to do, no one is answering any phones or any emails. Now I want to travel and my PR card is expired, Is there anyone else in this situation?
For me its been 4 months after test and nothing! Which office is doing your file?

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Checked today...no changes
Still no changes!!!...Although it did say it was last updated on Nov. 17, 2021...however, no changes from what I can tell. Does anyone know what the last updated on the top right corner of the new tracker means really?

eoppers

Nov 18, 2021
I applied June 2020, did my citizenship test in July 2021, test status was updated Jul 25, but absolutely nothing after that. Everything in progress, and oath not started. Is this normal? Is Calgary office slower than everywhere else, or is it just my bad luck? Thanka
It takes really so much time, I called them to check, they said all is good just taking too much time, imagine I applied Dec 2019, it has been 2 years that is really unbelievable.

eoppers

Nov 18, 2021
I complained about processing times... it was 2 years . and Ircc was giving oaths to 2021 candidates ignoring 2019's
I am still waiting too, i complaint and called them as well. It is not fair while we wait from 2019 and people getting their file finalized from 2021. Absolutely outrages. I applied Dec 2019 and after the exam it has been 7 months no news, not a single email, all i received is generic emails from IRCC. I really don't know what to do at this point.

Reactions: PunjabiDeadpool

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I am still waiting too, i complaint and called them as well. It is not fair while we wait from 2019 and people getting their file finalized from 2021. Absolutely outrages. I applied Dec 2019 and after the exam it has been 7 months no news, not a single email, all i received is generic emails from IRCC. I really don't know what to do at this point.
They should process based on first-come-first-serve basis. I applied in Apr 2020 but some 2021 applicants already got their citizenship. This ain't fair!

eoppers

Nov 18, 2021
They should process based on first-come-first-serve basis. I applied in Apr 2020 but some 2021 applicants already got their citizenship. This ain't fair!
Yes they should but learning from this forum many 2021 applicants got their citizenship meanwhile people like me from 2019 still waiting to hear some news from CIC.

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Yes they should but learning from this forum many 2021 applicants got their citizenship meanwhile people like me from 2019 still waiting to hear some news from CIC.
For me the time taken on these final steps after the test is a major issue, but more so is the updates or lack thereof is my main issue. i'd rather it be said that from test to oath is like 10 months for example, and one can rest assured that on the 10th month, there will be an oath rather than persons guessing all time time because there is no amount of predictability in the process for the majority of cases.

Reactions: eoppers

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
I really dislike having no options for accurate periodic updates...and with PR card expired and citizenship process ongoing...any means for travelling even for emergencies will mean additional spending and uncertainty for the PRTD...smh...also, no point renewing PR card for additional spending since that too may take some time although I am not sure how IRCC is with updates for that process.

Reactions: eoppers

eoppers

Nov 18, 2021
I really dislike having no options for accurate periodic updates...and with PR card expired and citizenship process ongoing...any means for travelling even for emergencies will mean additional spending and uncertainty for the PRTD...smh...also, no point renewing PR card for additional spending since that too may take some time although I am not sure how IRCC is with updates for that process.
I have the same issue my PR is expired but applying for PR another expense and paper work for CIC so I am still waiting, meanwhile i missed all my doctor appointments in my home country because of this. It is so frustrating to not now when, at least if they say 10 months we would now but it is all mystery when exactly. Now almost December my application has been 2 years, that is really outrages.

Reactions: maasjoe

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I have the same issue my PR is expired but applying for PR another expense and paper work for CIC so I am still waiting, meanwhile i missed all my doctor appointments in my home country because of this. It is so frustrating to not now when, at least if they say 10 months we would now but it is all mystery when exactly. Now almost December my application has been 2 years, that is really outrages.
When I received test invitation, I decided not to renew my PR card because I thought IRCC had finally woken from their hibernation. I was mistaken. So, I changed my mind and renewed few months later, because why to keep you destiny in IRCC hands. IRCC doesn't care about our lives. They have internal measures to meet. That's it.

Reactions: maasjoe

eoppers

Nov 18, 2021
When I received test invitation, I decided not to renew my PR card because I thought IRCC had finally awaken. I was mistaken. So, I changed my mind and renewed few months later, because why to keep you destiny in IRCC hands. IRCC doesn't care about our lives. They have internal measures to meet. That's it.
Yes it makes sense but after waiting this long hoping to hear some news soon, if not I will leave and apply for Travel document, again it takes 138 days to renew PR, they really don't care at all.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Yes it makes sense but after waiting this long hoping to hear some news soon, if not I will leave and apply for Travel document, again it takes 138 days to renew PR, they really don't care at all.
That's why one needs to renew their card 7-8 months before its expiry date, something I didn't do by the way (I renewed my card after it was expired), but in retrospect it was a mistake. Luckily I didn't have to leave Canada, but you never know when you have to leave Canada for something, maybe urgent. Better to be prepared not to put your life under IRCC's mercy because when it comes down to it IRCC doesn't care.

eoppers

Nov 18, 2021
That's why one needs to renew their card 7-8 months before its expiry date, something I didn't do by the way (I renewed my card after it was expired), but in retrospect it was a mistake. Luckily I didn't have to leave Canada, but you never know when you have to leave Canada for something, maybe urgent. Better to be prepared not to put your life under IRCC's mercy because when it comes down to it IRCC doesn't care.
I was stuck out of Canada due to Covid and I returned when I am invited for the test and my card expired 2 months later, I waited after and waited and waited and still waiting, most annoying part is you see applicants of 2021 already got their oath ceremony, IRCC should have more decency.

Reactions: CaBeaver