Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 1, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 22, 2015
LANDED..........
Waiting by the grace of Allah
Hey Folks, Our online test cleared but yesterday received an email from the Scarborough IRCC office to send our old and new passport copies! Not sure why? Can anyone help me to understand the reason. Thanks

JeanMeslier

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2015
Doc's Request.
07-09-2016
Nomination.....
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Passport Req..
15-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2017
Hey Folks, Our online test cleared but yesterday received an email from the Scarborough IRCC office to send our old and new passport copies! Not sure why? Can anyone help me to understand the reason. Thanks
In the old paper applications, they only asked for the biographical page of the passport only, but recently they started asking for all the pages to be submitted so they can check the stamps. I think they are asking for older applications to include this also.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Just curious, what is the current wait time from the test completed status to interview ?
Not everyone receives an interview invite and reports of interviews have gone down significantly as of late.

To avoid disappointment, I'd suggest assuming it'll take at least 3 - 5 months to receive oath invitation.

M1206

Aug 16, 2021
Referring back to the invitation letter they sent us.

During the Online Citizenship Test
 Sit in a well-lit area or room free of noises and disruptions.
 Remove any items from camera view that display any sensitive and/or personal information. This
includes belongings you may consider to be of a personal nature such as personal photographs,
correspondence that holds your personal information, etc.
Since this is an individual exam, you are not permitted to consult other people or any source of external information (including but not limited to the Internet, notes, or a copy of the Discover
Canada guide) while completing the test.

 The use of only one electronic device (computer, laptop or tablet) with Internet access is permitted.
All other devices must be turned off during the test.
 The contents of the test are confidential. You may not discuss, disclose or share any information about the test or any part of it:
 before, during, or after the test to any person - including persons you live with or have
already taken the test by any means, whether verbal or in writing, including email, texts or social media
 Making recordings or copies of the test itself or the testing process, or similar activities of this
nature (print outs, screen shots, photos or any other electronic copy) of the test or any parts of it
and/or written notes of any content and/or a derivative of the items is strictly prohibited.
Any suspected activity of this nature may be considered a breach of confidentiality and/or
fraudulent behaviour. It may result in the refusal of your citizenship application.
If the status of the test is complete then I passed?

M1206

Aug 16, 2021
Can any one tell me what does the status complete for the test mean ? Does it mea I passed the test and waiting interview?

Last edited:

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do you know how long from test till test completed .?
Mine is a one off case where it took 3.5 months to go to completed. It was due to System glitch, as I had given the test, passed it and took a email confirmation. But at their end it showed as a no show. :mad:

• Wow
Reactions: Shubhisha

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, I might receive my test invite in another 2 months. However, I'm currently in India and will be completing my 2nd vaccine dosage by the end of September. So I would be able to return to Canada hopefully sometime in October due to the current border restrictions. Now my query is in case I receive my test invite while I'm in India, would I be able to write the test from India since it's online these days. Would it be possible for IRCC to accommodate me if I request them considering the pandemic and my related circumstances?

Hash1979

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
I am Perplexed @ this point some say the Oath Date is going to appear on Tracker & some say on ECAS. Then there is also a possibility that I might receive a Mail about it. Well I guess everyone is right. As long as I get to know my Oath Date Iam fine with it.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi, I might receive my test invite in another 2 months. However, I'm currently in India and will be completing my 2nd vaccine dosage by the end of September. So I would be able to return to Canada hopefully sometime in October due to the current border restrictions. Now my query is in case I receive my test invite while I'm in India, would I be able to write the test from India since it's online these days. Would it be possible for IRCC to accommodate me if I request them considering the pandemic and my related circumstances?
Test outside Canada is now permitted and many applicants have used this option. However, once you receive your test invite email, you'll have to follow the instructions on it (you'll need to send an email to email ID in the test invite email and request permission to take the test outside Canada).

Shubhisha

Oct 12, 2015
Mine is a one off case where it took 3.5 months to go to completed. It was due to System glitch, as I had given the test, passed it and took a email confirmation. But at their end it showed as a no show. :mad:
How did you get it check that it was system glitch? I gave test on July 7 and still in progress.

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How did you get it check that it was system glitch? I gave test on July 7 and still in progress.
I had called the IRCC help line and one of the experienced agent mentioned to me. So I mailed pretty much everyone I can think of, IRCC citizenship email ID's , to my local MP and also to the Immigration minister. A week later the issue was resolved.

• Wow
Reactions: Shubhisha