Med's Done....
8-8-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
Guys its been nearly 2 months since I took the test and passed. in the new tracker it still shows as "in Process".
I had also raised a webform a few weeks back submitting a copy of the test result. Followed up with a call last week and the agent mentioned that they have sent a notification to the Mississauga office for a response, but nothing yet.

Any one else in a similar situation ?
Same with me took test on March 24 and it still shows on process

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello group,

I just checked my ECAS today and the latest update is that I've just been scheduled for an interview (less than 3 weeks after completing my exam). I assume this is because I submitted a Canadian degree as proof of English language proficiency as opposed to an IELTS/TOEFL certificate and the officer probably wants to see whether or not I can speak English...

Based on what I've read in this forum, citizenship interviews seen to be very laid back. Has anyone been scheduled for an interview recently? How did it go?
I submitted IELTS with minimum CLB 10 and completed a Canadian diploma but still got called for an interview. Interviews still seem to be the SOP. Not sure yet what determines an exemption. No travel during the residency period, perhaps?

Interviews are simply for verification of identity, documents, and simple details you wrote in the forms. They will also confirm that you are in Canada, as well as the other requirements for citizenship (taxes, prohibitions).

henryahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
Hello group,

I just checked my ECAS today and the latest update is that I've just been scheduled for an interview (less than 3 weeks after completing my exam). I assume this is because I submitted a Canadian degree as proof of English language proficiency as opposed to an IELTS/TOEFL certificate and the officer probably wants to see whether or not I can speak English...

Based on what I've read in this forum, citizenship interviews seen to be very laid back. Has anyone been scheduled for an interview recently? How did it go?
Hi, I did my interview last week. In my case it was kind of stressful because the officer told me she couldn't verify three travels I did to the USA. A month or so before my interview I was asked to submit all passport pages for all valid passports within my residency period. During my interview she told me that she couldn't find three entry stamps to the USA. So I had to find those stamps during the interview and showed to her through the camera. There was one stamp that I couldn't find so she told me I had to find the flight itinerary (from 3 years ago) for that travel. Luckily I had it on my email and was able to find it and sent it to the officer during the interview. As you can imagine I was pretty stressed because, at the moment, I couldn't remember that travel I did (I travelled three or four times per year because of work). To this date I cant find that entry stamp. The USA immigration officer might have forgotten to stamp it or put a wrong date on there. One interesting thing she told me was that she couldn't accept if I showed photocopies of the stamps during the interview, She had to see it through the camera from the original passport. My interview took 30 minutes because of that. If it wasn't because of that it would have been no more than 5 to 10 minutes. My wife was there with me also and had no problems. Her part of the interview went smooth.

bonhomme

Dec 22, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi Guys, I just got an email invitation for MS Teams program integrity interview on May 19th. I passed my Citizenship test since January 18 and I've been trying to follow up with webform, email, and ATIP requests. I'm glad to finally see some movement and hope everyone's file gets some traction too. All the best!

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Hi, I did my interview last week. In my case it was kind of stressful because the officer told me she couldn't verify three travels I did to the USA. A month or so before my interview I was asked to submit all passport pages for all valid passports within my residency period. During my interview she told me that she couldn't find three entry stamps to the USA. So I had to find those stamps during the interview and showed to her through the camera. There was one stamp that I couldn't find so she told me I had to find the flight itinerary (from 3 years ago) for that travel. Luckily I had it on my email and was able to find it and sent it to the officer during the interview. As you can imagine I was pretty stressed because, at the moment, I couldn't remember that travel I did (I travelled three or four times per year because of work). To this date I cant find that entry stamp. The USA immigration officer might have forgotten to stamp it or put a wrong date on there. One interesting thing she told me was that she couldn't accept if I showed photocopies of the stamps during the interview, She had to see it through the camera from the original passport. My interview took 30 minutes because of that. If it wasn't because of that it would have been no more than 5 to 10 minutes. My wife was there with me also and had no problems. Her part of the interview went smooth.
Yeah... That does sound very stressful. I'm hoping that mine isn't as intense as yours since I've only travelled on 4 separate occasions in the ten years I've lived in this country.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Yeah... That does sound very stressful. I'm hoping that mine isn't as intense as yours since I've only travelled on 4 separate occasions in the ten years I've lived in this country.
4 times ?i travelled only 2 times living 10 years in this country and they are running physical presence twice . It takes forever plus officer gave me a hard time in the interview, regarding the travel.

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
4 times ?i travelled only 2 times living 10 years in this country and they are running physical presence twice . It takes forever plus officer gave me a hard time in the interview, regarding the travel.
How did the give you a hard time? What was the problem?

henryahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
Group,

I really need some help. I checked the new ECAS portal yesterday and according to it I've been scheduled for an interview on May 20, 2021. However, I haven't received an email yet and the interview is just a week away. I called IRCC and the agent seemed very nonchalant about the fact that I haven't received an email yet, and she told me that she sees that it hasn't been sent out yet and to look out for it.

What's very confusing is that, according to the status update, "if you (I) haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment, please contact IRCC". I've heard of many people here being asked to provide medical records, translated copies of every page of their passports to interviews, etc to these interviews. Wouldn't IRCC want to give me as much time as possible to prepare these documents for the interview and not wait for me to receive information on what to bring "on the date of the scheduled appointment"? Is it possible that the reason why I have until the DAY OF the interview to receive the notice is because I won't be required to scan all my passport pages and produce medical records, and will simply be asked to produce my PR Card and the passports I submitted as part of my application?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. This has been a very stressful experience.
It is weird that you haven't receive the invitation email. Not all applicants are actively looking at their status on the tracking system or ECAS. In your specific situation, I think you are good. If they didn't ask for supplementary documentation is probably because everything is good with your file and they just need to do the basic interview questions with you. Just have all your passports and documentation you submitted with your application handy. Have you heard of anybody else receiving the invitation to an interview with such short notice? Weird indeed. Hopefully you get that invitation email soon.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
It is weird that you haven't receive the invitation email. Not all applicants are actively looking at their status on the tracking system or ECAS. In your specific situation, I think you are good. If they didn't ask for supplementary documentation is probably because everything is good with your file and they just need to do the basic interview questions with you. Just have all your passports and documentation you submitted with your application handy. Have you heard of anybody else receiving the invitation to an interview with such short notice? Weird indeed. Hopefully you get that invitation email soon.
I’ve seen some people here get the interview invitation with 2 days notice. I agree, it’s probably just passport scans if you ever travelled outside of Canada during the eligibility period.

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Group,

I really need some help. I checked the new ECAS portal yesterday and according to it I've been scheduled for an interview on May 20, 2021. However, I haven't received an email yet and the interview is just a week away. I called IRCC and the agent seemed very nonchalant about the fact that I haven't received an email yet, and she told me that she sees that it hasn't been sent out yet and to look out for it.

What's very confusing is that, according to the status update, "if you (I) haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment, please contact IRCC". I've heard of many people here being asked to provide medical records, translated copies of every page of their passports to interviews, etc to these interviews. Wouldn't IRCC want to give me as much time as possible to prepare these documents for the interview and not wait for me to receive information on what to bring "on the date of the scheduled appointment"? Is it possible that the reason why I have until the DAY OF the interview to receive the notice is because I won't be required to scan all my passport pages and produce medical records, and will simply be asked to produce my PR Card and the passports I submitted as part of my application?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. This has been a very stressful experience.
Similar thing happened to me and it could be an error
So I had an interview a few days ago, same day the new tracker was introduced.
I checked my status after the interview and it said that I still have to have an interview even though I just had it. It hasn't been updated since.
I freaked out and emailed the officer, he told me not to worry about it, it's just a glitch but I also find it very stressful.
I will just ignore the tracker and will wait for the oath invite for the next 4-6 weeks and then call them again

simons

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Same with me took test on March 24 and it still shows on process
It is normal. I passed test on March 15. And inte
Group,

as the interview, no matter what documents required or not, you should received email which shows the team link. You can click it before interview. It should be sent from IRCC local office . Have you try to find in your trash folder?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
If I did the exam a few weeks ago and and my file is still in progress, although the test updated to completed, what's the likelihood of being invited to an interview maybe with passport scans request? In the current situation (i.e., the pandemic and lockdown) preparing for requests is not easy I imagine (I don't have a scanner for example or printer), especially if they don't give much time, as I am hearing people getting interview invites within days of the interview's date

nicolass

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
If I did the exam a few weeks ago and and my file is still in progress, although the test updated to completed, what's the likelihood of being invited to an interview maybe with passport scans request? In the current situation (i.e., the pandemic and lockdown) preparing for requests is not easy I imagine (I don't have a scanner for example or printer), especially if they don't give much time, as I am hearing people getting interview invites within days of the interview's date
I assume you can just take photos with your phone?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I assume you can just take photos with your phone?
This! The office might require PDFs (like in my case), and free scanner apps for the phone can do just that.

if for some reason you don’t have easy access to a smartphone or scanner, I guess that’s when you request for an extension or alternative method

Reactions: CaBeaver